What You've Done Today - Keep Dreaming...

Raithe

Well it's expected to freeze in two days so I'm trying to prep for that (and the likely infrastructure failures that accompany) while juggling work commitments. How fun.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

7 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Go get you a few cans of Sterno and soups. 👍

Sterno 2-Hour Green Heat Gel Chafing Fuel - Walmart.com

I've already got something like that and some food that doesn't require prep. Right now I'm probably going to need to buy or store some water and get ready for pipe drips and other things.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

Finally tracked down what was causing Youtube to cause FF to go nuts and use 50% CPU - ambient mode.  Well that's a victory for today.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I got put in a new truck today, a 2022 Mack Anthem.

img.axd?id=7034597633&wid=4326209787&rwl

The 2019 Freightliner Cascadia I had previously was fine, but this truck is a definite upgrade. I'd still take a Volvo as my top choice, but a Mack is a dang nice consolation prize.

• Like 5

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

10 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I got put in a new truck today, a 2022 Mack Anthem.

img.axd?id=7034597633&wid=4326209787&rwl

The 2019 Freightliner Cascadia I had previously was fine, but this truck is a definite upgrade. I'd still take a Volvo as my top choice, but a Mack is a dang nice consolation prize.

Nice. Automatic? I though that Volvo was frowned upon in the US and that Peterbilt and Kenworth were top choices?

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

29 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Nice. Automatic? I though that Volvo was frowned upon in the US and that Peterbilt and Kenworth were top choices?

Yeah, it's a 12-speed automatic. Peterbilts have good engines, I'm not a fan of everything else. Kenworths are just worse Peterbilts. Volvos are great, I don't care what anyone says. I'm pretty sure Mack is owned by Volvo, so they share some DNA.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

The tractor is loaned to you for the duration, or it can change with every haul?

It's owned by the company but I drive the same truck every day, typically for 2 to 3 years, then I get a newer model. The trailer I pull may change daily but the tractor stays the same.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

58 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Yeah, it's a 12-speed automatic. Peterbilts have good engines, I'm not a fan of everything else. Kenworths are just worse Peterbilts. Volvos are great, I don't care what anyone says. I'm pretty sure Mack is owned by Volvo, so they share some DNA.

Volvo4life ❤️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Well I'm prepped as can be, time to bunker down and try to outlast the cold. Let's see how this **** goes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here it's another winter snow adventure. My exit is an uphill sheet of ice that's about to get even worse with overnight freezing rain. That could knock out the power here, and it may not thaw until after Christmas. Just great. 🥶

• Sad 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Got my old work laptop, bought a mx500 ssd for it. Decided to put Ubuntu on it, although maybe should have done another distribution

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's 15 F here and power hasn't gone out (yet), so the heat is cranking. No snow and looks sunny outside.

• Like 1

I think @Bartimaeussent some arctic weather down to me because the temperature is plummeting here in Cackalacky. Hasn't Aaron Rodgers hurt me enough? Et tu, @Bartimaeus? Anyway, joke's on you because tomorrow morning I get on a plane headed for southern Florida.

• Gasp! 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

4 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Happy Festivus!

It's also my bday 

Happy Birthday and Festivus! I'll make a donation to the human fund in your name.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

Happy Festivus!

It's also my bday 

Happy birthday! 😃

• Thanks 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

@ShadySands Happy Birthday, and enjoy all those celebrations. Build up all the memories you'll never be able to tell future children about...

• Thanks 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

4 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Happy Festivus!

It's also my bday 

we got moral opposition to veal given the lack o' regulation o' the industry, but am posting 'cause we suspect more than a few kids with a birthday so close to christmas identified with young frank cross, albeit to a lesser degree.

regardless, nitha-anpetu waste, and may you survive yet another winter.

HA! Good Fun!

• Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)