The All Things Political Topic - Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you

Elerond

6 hours ago, majestic said:

*mutters something about rather driving rusty nails up his scrotum than clicking on a JP Sears video*

I started watching it and stopped at 0:36 in the video. Not sure if the video can get any dumber, and I don't really want to find out.

• Haha 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I saw a small part of one of his videos a long time ago... took me half a bottle of gin to get the bad taste out of my mouth 🤮

Not going to honour this particular video with an increase in click counts. Jake Angeli is a better role model...

• Gasp! 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, Chairchucker said:

My favourite JP Sears fact is that he's a lifestyle guru and also makes videos mocking lifestyle gurus to show he's 'self aware' or whatever and not a big freaking fraud like the ones he's making fun of.

Isnt that the point of parody? Do you not watch comedians because they mock or make fun of things you like?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My problem with the guy is, my sarcasm detector failed to detect the sarcasm, so he came across as being serious while pretending to be sarcastic....

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

7 minutes ago, Gorth said:

My problem with the guy is, my sarcasm detector failed to detect the sarcasm, so he came across as being serious while pretending to be sarcastic....

Yes but like Juice Media "many a true word is said in jest " 

Thats often how political parody works so he makes valid points but its also exaggerated and humorous. Maybe we should ban comedians because we dont like what they say :teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Just now, BruceVC said:

Yes but like Juice Media "many a true word is said in jest " 

Thats often how political parody works so he makes valid points but its also exaggerated and humorous. Maybe we should ban comedians because we dont like what they say :teehee:

Now you sound like Scott Morrison

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chairchucker said:

lol what? Read what I wrote again, because this absolutely does not relate to the post you're quoting.

Can I ask you a favor, I dont have the  time or inclination to interpret or guess what you meant or what I am wrong about 

Just correct me , something like " no BruceVC I was saying xxxx". Its okay I dont mind being wrong :thumbsup:

John Milton 

7 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Can I ask you a favor, I dont have the  time or inclination to interpret or guess what you meant or what I am wrong about 

Just correct me , something like " no BruceVC I was saying xxxx". Its okay I dont mind being wrong :thumbsup:

Chairchucker said their  favourite JP Sears fact is that he's a lifestyle guru and also makes videos mocking lifestyle gurus to show he's 'self aware' or whatever and not a big freaking fraud like the ones he's making fun of.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

3 minutes ago, majestic said:

Chairchucker said their  favourite JP Sears fact is that he's a lifestyle guru and also makes videos mocking lifestyle gurus to show he's 'self aware' or whatever and not a big freaking fraud like the ones he's making fun of.

Okay so he is not completely opposed to  JP Sears, good to know

Has he watched the video I posted and did he find it funny?

John Milton 

ivAdMJI.gif

I'm sorry, I had to fix that, that was just too low quality and worse (unforgivably!), it didn't loop correctly.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Okay so he is not completely opposed to  JP Sears, good to know

Has he watched the video I posted and did he find it funny?

OK you are still extremely not getting it, I'll try to break it down into components. First, he makes fun of lifestyle gurus. Second, he is a lifestyle guru. What I'm trying to draw the reader towards here, is the implication that as well as being unfunny and a moronic antivaxxer, he's a hypocrite. This is lampshaded by my sarcastic suggestion that he is trying to indicate that he is not a big fraud like the lifestyle gurus he makes fun of. (The implication is that, in fact, he IS a big freaking fraud.)

And no, I have not watched the video from earlier because it has been my experience that they are terrible, much like he, as a person, is terrible.

EDIT: What's the gif from/about?

Edited by Chairchucker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chairchucker said:

EDIT: What's the gif from/about?

They're the Shadow Play Girls from Revolutionary Girl Utena. They appear once per episode and provide a very vague allegory for the plot of the episode. What they are or represent is a matter of personal preference, they're either literal aliens, self-aware shadows or Bodhisattvas - or whatever other explanation works for the viewer.

Edited by majestic

I don't recall seeing this here

I suppose it's funny in a way. Which is better than the "ironic" guru, who is funny in no way, not even ironically bad. 

6 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

ivAdMJI.gif

I'm sorry, I had to fix that, that was just too low quality and worse (unforgivably!), it didn't loop correctly.

Low quality and not looping correctly fit though. Stop being naughty

83f23a4d0c2732c02f7afd63f2c5502ced70409b

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

This is a whole thread about right wing and left wing extremist violence. With sources.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

1 hour ago, Pidesco said:

This is a whole thread about right wing and left wing extremist violence. With sources.

But what about the damage to business by the antifa ? Surly that must count for one life per dollar ? Their must be a ratio !

:biggrin: 

Edited by majestic
  • Gasp! 1

3 hours ago, Pidesco said:

But you need to understand that 

(Is there right wing violence? yes) True  == (Is there left wing violence? yes) True

so it is equally bad in both sides!!!!!!!

😉

• Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, majestic said:

But what about the damage to business by the antifa ? Surly that must count for one life per dollar ? Their must be a ratio !

:biggrin: 

You make good points :thumbsup:

But one life per dollar seems low ? Surly ten lives per dollar is more fair ? Those businesses worked hard and the people killed may have been on welfare ?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

5 hours ago, Pidesco said:

I am always surprised when people  use  Twitter as their source of credible information, she is asking " its a legit question " on Twitter :lol:

Maybe she should also get a reddit opinion?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

38 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I am always surprised when people  use  Twitter as their source of credible information, she is asking " its a legit question " on Twitter :lol:

Did you read the thread she wrote? Did you even take a look at the sources?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

51 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I'm not sure why the platform would matter. She is a behavioral scientist and she answered a question. 

edit: As Pidesco pointed out, it was part of a larger discussion where she cited her data. Of course, you don't have to trust that she is a credible scientist. Feel free to dig through the research yourself and pretend the internet makes you an expert in everything. 

Edited by Hurlshort
  • Like 2