Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous, Part 5

Gromnir

I'm in the middle of the 5th crusade and am about to do the Wintersun quest. And I ended up letting a helpful companion die. Oh and two things, a BFT can use the polymorph spells on animal companions which is hilarious. Also an exploit I found in Kingmaker still exists, if a magus uses a touch spell with spell strike and spell combat as a swift action then they do a full attack as a swift action. Those quicken rods just became a real hot commodity.

So far I actually like Trickster. The council reminds me of the Black Lodge, the special options are great, and making some drunk king while my god approvingly supplies alcohol is nice.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

21 hours ago, InsaneCommander said:

Yesterday I decided to continue my gameplay, but the game crashed after just a minute. Now I'm afraid of loading it again.😬

The game crashed for me yesterday when I entered a hut looking for the best liquor in the world. Reloaded without all my buffs and it worked ok.

All I've got left to do in this act is the Dragon graveyard, the drow quest, Arue's dream quest, the island DLC, and the Ivory Labyrinth. And the Trickster council has finally decided what to do about the Worldwound.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

A basic question for all you WotR experts: So in your character icon there is the option of setting certain cantrips or abilities to be used in "automatic mode." But when I set such things as Demoralize or Slumber or Daze (cantrip) to automatic mode, the character just keeps spamming that instead of engaging in melee or ranged attack, and they keep doing this even if I manually order the character to attack a target. What am I doing wrong here? How do I get them to override automatic mode and do what I order them to do?

14 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

How do I get them to override automatic mode and do what I order them to do?

Turn it off. Can be done through right-clicking the ability.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

2 hours ago, majestic said:

That default action hiding on the left hand side of your skill bar caused me a lot of grief for quite a while at first. Until I eventually discovered I could right click it to disable said default action 😖

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Did the dragon graveyard quest and what a disappointment, I don't like these To Be Continued quests. Also started the mega dungeon dlc and did two islands.

13 hours ago, Gorth said:

That default action hiding on the left hand side of your skill bar caused me a lot of grief for quite a while at first. Until I eventually discovered I could right click it to disable said default action 😖

I got stuck like that once for Kingmaker and it took a minute to figure out. Kinda sucks if you are using the right click to check out ability descriptions.

16 hours ago, majestic said:

No, no, what I mean is how can I keep a default action in that spot, but still override it and order the character to do something else during combat? I like my party starting out the first round spamming those auto mode actions, because they're often good debuffs of the enemies. But I want them to then stop doing that and start fighting. Is this somehow possible?

2 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

No, no, what I mean is how can I keep a default action in that spot, but still override it and order the character to do something else during combat? I like my party starting out the first round spamming those auto mode actions, because they're often good debuffs of the enemies. But I want them to then stop doing that and start fighting. Is this somehow possible?

No.

• Like 1

Did the island chain and learned the Helmsman's true identity. Afterwards I went back to the Crusade and now morale is going down the toilet because I was too good at the war lmao. I'm able to cheat morale via toybox but it's kinda ridiculous how reclaiming half the Worldwound and keeping it stable is a negative because reasons.

At least I have a lot of Beer Elementals. I like to think they end up intoxicating a lot of people defining Drezen after you know what happens. Cayden Cailean is definitely best God.

Time to do Ivory Labyrinth and hope I can do Arue-chan's quest and the drow thing while waiting for the Queen to get here and raid Playful Darkness' Playpen.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

9824d53e243d3d2868e1fc5bbfd8775660a2dbad

wamuu.gif

• Gasp! 1

Started my new game and made it as far as picking the Lich path (making "friends" with the old necromancer, graciously lending his want back to him). Playing as (vanilla) sorcerer at the moment, with the undead bloodline. Played through to Drezen (chapter iii) and one of the building projects seems to be a pyramid of a kind 😂

Also, romancing spider girl. I suspect she's one of the few that wont drop me like a hot potato if I turn into a walking corpse some day.

Edit: The Dirge Bard looked like a very interesting alternative to Sorcerer, but I worry that the "fun" abilities wont be there until late in the leveling up process (i.e. mutually exclusive with sorcerer) if wanting the best of both worlds (and not going for Legend with it's 40 total levels). I might flip/flop a bit between the two classes later on, to see what appears to be the most fun to play

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So I'm now finally at the beginning of Chapter 2 in this my first time through the game. Yeah, it's taken me this long to get through the Prologue and Chapter 1. I don't get much time per week to play my games, sadly.

Any major pieces of advise on Crusade Management? I'm using the 'easy' setting but not 'auto' because I do want to be able to get the benefits of doing the crusade part of the game. Thanks in advance! :)

Build buildings that increase your recruitement pool. Don't have more than one army and general until way later in the game, use a sorcerer general and ranged units are better than anything else. When you get the upgrade options, pick marksmen. Recruit marksmen. Win.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Gorth said:

Also, romancing spider girl. I suspect she's one of the few that wont drop me like a hot potato if I turn into a walking corpse some day.

In many ways, Wenduag is the perfect romance for the Lich.

1 hour ago, majestic said:

Build buildings that increase your recruitement pool. Don't have more than one army and general until way later in the game, use a sorcerer general and ranged units are better than anything else. When you get the upgrade options, pick marksmen. Recruit marksmen. Win.

Marksmen are Regill's only good suggestion.

36 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Downloading the game now.

Have fun. I was going to post Deskarii's villain introduction but I can't remember it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Make a contract with KP said:

Have fun. I was going to post Deskarii's villain introduction but I can't remember it.

I spoiled the story already, but I do not play it for the story mostly. I even put it on core difficulty so people don't make fun of me here.

edit: My character sheet

aTZDpYD.png

Edited by Sarex
  • Like 2
  • Gasp! 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

1 hour ago, Sarex said:

I spoiled the story already, but I do not play it for the story mostly. I even put it on core difficulty so people don't make fun of me here.

edit: My character sheet

aTZDpYD.png

Good, uh, luck on Core. :p

1 hour ago, majestic said:

Good, uh, luck on Core. :p

You don't like my build? :grin: You can't have a Paladin without max charisma, it's the rules. Other than the annoying archer crits it's not that difficult so far. The water elemental was the first challenging enemy, but you get enough consumables to deal with it.

Edited by Sarex

7 minutes ago, Sarex said:

You don't like my build? :grin: You can't have a Paladin without max charisma, it's the rules. Other than the annoying archer crits it's not that difficult so far. The water elemental was the first challenging enemy, but you get enough consumables to deal with it.

The charisma is fine - maxing charisma is pretty much a must on a paladin (for Smite / Mark of Justice). Heavy Armor might be a bit lacking as defensive mechanism later in the game on Core. Are you planning on getting a horse? 

• Hmmm 1

10 minutes ago, majestic said:

Heavy Armor might be a bit lacking as defensive mechanism later in the game on Core

Oh? That's interesting.

11 minutes ago, majestic said:

Are you planning on getting a horse? 

I don't know, can I get a dragon instead? 😄 I didn't plan a build, I'm just winging it. Don't even know at which level I get to pick. If I get stuck at some point, I'll redo it I guess, but I haven't come across a fight I could savescum yet. 😛 Also the way I play these games I'm usually way overleveled for the main story.

Still suggestions are welcomed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sarex said:

Oh? That's interesting.

It's a problem of scaling. Take your paladin there, for instance. If you slap one of the heaviest armors on him that you can find, you'll get +15 or something AC. Sounds nice, yes?

If you take the character you made, add a level of Scaled Fist Monk [CHA to AC, when not wearing armor] and Oracle with Nature's Whispers [CHA bonus works as DEX bonus] and remove the armor, you're now at +10. Essentially, you're starting the game with an Adamantine Full Plate, and the Paladin abilities provide a really nice saving throw bonus.

You're wearing your charisma as armor, basically. Your AC is 10 + 2 * CHA-Bonus, and if you spend all your points in charisma and add a +6 item you're looking at 30 CHA (or 32, with a Kindred Half-Elf) without any buffs or other abilities, giving you +20/22 AC, and your smites a +10/+11 to hit against pretty much every enemy in the game that warrants it. There's no armor speed penality on your character, no armor penalty for skill checks and it leaves you open to add other sources of "armor" - like Bracers of Protection or the best option there probably is, the Archmage Armor mythical ability that adds your mythic level (goes up to 10 over the course of the game) to Mage Armor, which adds +14 over the long run and although you're not spending a whole lot of time at Mythic 10, but you're getting to +7 or +8 AC out of that ability rather quickly.

Any character can procc Archmage Armor as long as they're the source of Mage Armor, so potions work for everyone.

On the other hand, you can just have Lann turn into a Divine Hunter and have a leopard pet, that starts out with 31 AC and can last you for a while. Arguably the entire game on Core if you buff the pet well enough, and here's a tip: treat your pets as well as your characters, they'll be really helpful.

But, actually, that's not even what I meant, although it is a part of it. Core was not designed to be played like this:

1 hour ago, Sarex said:

I didn't plan a build, I'm just winging it. Don't even know at which level I get to pick.

You don't need to go all the way and break the game in every way possible like you would if you wanted to do a full unfair run - like the CHA/AC scaling which you could do simply because it's easy and convenient and you have the charisma for it anyway - but you should have a more than decent idea what you can and cannot do in the game.

1 hour ago, Sarex said:

Still suggestions are welcomed.

Play around until you get a feeling for what you want to do. Drop back to normal when the going gets too tough. Enjoy the game. Nobody's going to laugh at you for not playing on Core. :p

1 hour ago, Sarex said:

I don't know, can I get a dragon instead? 😄

Paladins get two different mount choices: horses, and black horses, but that is not bad, horses are good because you can still ride them when enlarged, provided you and your mount are enlarged by the same size factor.

PARANTHESES ARE DEATH.

• Like 2