Should Mission be a Jedi?

Should Mission be a Jedi in the KotOR AE mod?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mission be a Jedi in the KotOR AE mod?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

Some of the members of Base 16 Studios feel Mission wasn't useful enough in the first game, and that at nineteen years of age as she is in KotOR AE, she should undergo Jedi trainging. I won't go into the logistics of this other than reminding you that Anakin was much younger when he started and look how he turned out....but I just think it would kill off alot of her quirks and childlike quasi innocence that I liked about her in the first one if she was forced to follow Jedi teachings. I'd much rather pin her as a force adept or similar light force user, having an affinity to the force, but no training.

JT

dude,shouldnt all these kotor1 mod threads be in the off-topic section?

Well Raven, Holowan is rather small as far as frequent posters go, so I thought I could get a better consensus of the active KotOR community by coming here.

As far as these threads belonging in this section, if the mods so decide, they can move them, but since you aren't a mod, you can bitch all you want, but it ain't gonna do a thing. Especially since you bitch about everything in just about every one of your posts on here anyway. :)

That would be as lame as making Imoen a Bhaalspawn.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Look. If she had the smallest amount of potential that went untrained, I could buy it.

But if you throw a lightsaber in her hands and call her a Jedi, your mod won't be taken seriously by a whole lot of people.

Why the big obsession among the "team members" about turning Mission into a Jedi? If it's that big a deal (and if the mod actually ever happens), why not just model a female Twi'lek after Mission and make her a Jedi, instead of transforming an already-known character who was a non-Jedi into one.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Mission is so adamant in dialogue about being self-reliant. She has to defend herself from the image of being a helpless little girl.

Making her a Jedi makes all the dialogue pretty silly. Do you have a method to extract and change dialogue? What about scripted events in the game?

I know you're planning on doing new planets and by chucking old ones you remove alot of scripted events. What about being captured after you visit so many worlds? There are a lot of scripts in the game that deal with the normal plot. When you twist things in the game you have to consider whether you have the means to change said plot.

To be truthful I don't really care if Mission is a jedi or not, Yuthura Ban will be in your party and she is already a jedi twi'lek. And its not all of the team members its really just Chemix and Servant of Eru debating over the topic.

who the hell voted "yes"?  :lol:

My guess would be those who thought Mission was hot...although she was 14 year old Twilek jail bait in the game. :p I don't know about anyone else but I never even used Mission in my party with the exception of the sewers on Taris.

ps. When was it said that Yuthura will be in your party? :p

Yuthura Ban will be in your party and she is already a jedi twi'lek.

Where did you hear this? I must've missed something.

And I would vote no on this simply because there was no precedent set in the first KOTOR for such a change in character. Plus, they would have a hard time explaining how you, Bastila, Juhani, AND Jolee, AND the entire Jedi Council on Dantooine did not sense a single ounce of the Force in Mission when she was there.

So within this context, I would say with near certainty that this is not going to happen.

Yuthura Ban will be in your party and she is already a jedi twi'lek.

Where did you hear this? I must've missed something.

And I would vote no on this simply because there was no precedent set in the first KOTOR for such a change in character. Plus, they would have a hard time explaining how you, Bastila, Juhani, AND Jolee, AND the entire Jedi Council on Dantooine did not sense a single ounce of the Force in Mission when she was there.

So within this context, I would say with near certainty that this is not going to happen.

I don't think they're talking about KOTOR2. They're talking about their mod for KOTOR1.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I had an idea that maybe mission could be an artificial jedi. I was thinking maybe an ancient artifact (item) could give the weilder special jedi traits. This way mission can have a lightsaber and wear robes but cant have force powers. We also were going to have plans for HK-47 to wield a saber since we can give him the animations for it now.

Yodarn/Keyanues or however/whoever it's going to be, senses a distant force connection in mission. Before the jedi concil had the focus on u. U were the dark lord revan of the sith who had someone regained his power, mission was some street urchin from taris. Bastila was also focussed on u, Jolee probaly would let u figure it out rather than saying anything. Juhani doesn't exist in KOTOR AE so that point is null. This follows the LS storyline, so mission is not dead and u aren't ruler of the galaxy.... yet anyways. I decided to make mission a jedi for a few reasons, first off because hardly anyone makes use of non jedi characters so I made her more useful, I wanted to see more players with a Light Saber, as they are the only realy effective combat weapon. Most of the time u'll be facing off againts large large groups of dark jedi u'll need some back up, she plays a part as a jedi knight in another planned main quest, but we might not add that till later. The point wasn't having a female twilek jedi. The point was making the mission character more usefull and allowing for a deeper plot. She becomes the players aprentice if u are LS. If u play DS, u don't have to worry, she's already dead before she becomes a jedi. Not sure on this, but it might be done as, a thing where u can reject the offer of aprenticeship and she'll be put in the academy on couriscant. There everybody happy? u can have her around as a useful jedi in the latter half of the game or send her away, that leaves a spot for a new party member.