Anime and Manga - I won’t allow your bones to stay on this planet. I will banish your evil soul.

Sarex

1 minute ago, Sarex said:

I'm pretty sure every episode had some nudity in it. Again it would have felt more natural if there was some shlong mixed in.

I haven't seen it yet but in general I'd agree. The censorship specifically around the shlong is weird to me, given everything else that goes on in stuff where that is censored, ya really got to wonder why the hell that's the thing that gets covered up.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

The average anime nerd wants to leer at virtual boobies and imagine themselves fondling them, and they're less interested in virtual male reproduction organs, no matter how natural it would be for them to show up. Painful, but that is what it is. After all, even in that dreadfully unfunny video that Chilloutman posted a while back they talked about anime being the last refuge of the macho, and that was a joke with more than just a small kernel of truth.

TL;DR: Schlongs make you catch the gay and are too woke.

• Gasp! 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Spy x Family 13

The Forgers go to a pet shop to adopt a dog. Anya doesn't like any of the animals they have there.

875791e33348dcc2002ea769dc894443bd8e3976

Loid gets called to an emergency meeting and Yor takes Anya to a pet adoption event, much better than the pet shop, however still not what catches her interest for real.

9a5107ef735158f115806ddd27cb730fb3dee2c3

Spoiler

She ends up following the psychic dog to a terrorist safe house and they both run away from the terrorists. Yor appears at the last moment to save her and, as usual, you don't wanna be the guy who threatened Anya. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

On 9/29/2022 at 6:13 PM, majestic said:

The average anime nerd wants to leer at virtual boobies and imagine themselves fondling them, and they're less interested in virtual male reproduction organs, no matter how natural it would be for them to show up.

They could just watch yuri and never have to see a schlong, unless they accidently let some futanari slip in.

• Haha 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Spy X Family 13: Enter the Dog

The family goes looking for dogs, but Anya isn't interested in the spy dogs they have at the pet shop. I'd be happy with a dog smart enough to do bodybuilder poses, but I am not a prepubescent psychic anime girl, so what do I know. Anyways there's a plot about assassinating a guy with suicide bomber dogs and all that, but that **** ain't as exciting as Anya riding a dog.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

36 minutes ago, KP From Another World said:

Spy X Family 13: Enter the Dog

The family goes looking for dogs, but Anya isn't interested in the spy dogs they have at the pet shop. I'd be happy with a dog smart enough to do bodybuilder poses, but I am not a prepubescent psychic anime girl, so what do I know. Anyways there's a plot about assassinating a guy with suicide bomber dogs and all that, but that **** ain't as exciting as Anya riding a dog.

Those dogs watch too much JoJo.

0138feb50ae94f81801c952aa6bdf0e78e60e346

Anya, the Cavalier of the paw:

0a3c0ec95c3f95c4ae4a1889a49e39fa8f62934f

• Like 1

sign.jpg

I would pretty happily settle for everyone, male or female, keeping their underwear, pants, shirts, socks, shoes, gloves, cloaks, ski-masks, straw hats, and Chinese dragon costumes on.

On 10/2/2022 at 11:29 AM, InsaneCommander said:

Spy x Family 13

Weekly release, I presume?

• Hmmm 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

25 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Those dogs watch too much JoJo.

No such thing.

46e.png

25 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Anya, the Cavalier of the paw:

0a3c0ec95c3f95c4ae4a1889a49e39fa8f62934f

Anya could solo Playful Darkness.

24 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I would pretty happily settle for everyone, male or female, keeping their underwear, pants, shirts, socks, shoes, gloves, cloaks, ski-masks, straw hats, and Chinese dragon costumes on.

Watch the censored version.

FOYcVHmWYAEzZLn.jpg

22 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Yes. On Saturdays.

You only wear clothes on Saturdays?

15 minutes ago, majestic said:

Oh, look, I managed to make a new line in @KP From Another World's signature, and this time it wasn't bait... :p

That's what you get for being naughty :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Twilight Q

Tq3.jpg

Two interesting episodes, but the first one was not an original idea. The second was not difficult to guess and to be honest I thought it could have been shorter. Still, I liked the both of them.

Yeah, I didn't love either of them, but they were pretty good quality, particularly for '87, and it would've been nice to see more and different concepts a la a real anthology series. Oh well.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

So, what of the new animes are you gonna watch this season? Here are a few suggestions:

- I Somehow Got Strong By Raising Skills Related To Farming

- I’m the Villainess, So I’m Taming the Final Boss

- The Beast Tamer Who Was Exiled from His Party Meets a Cat Girl From the Strongest Race

Jokes apart, I'll check the new Gundam, the Witch from Mercury.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

sign.jpg

3 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

So, what of the new animes are you gonna watch this season? Here are a few suggestions:

- I Somehow Got Strong By Raising Skills Related To Farming

- I’m the Villainess, So I’m Taming the Final Boss

- The Beast Tamer Who Was Exiled from His Party Meets a Cat Girl From the Strongest Race

Jokes apart, I'll check the new Gundam, the Witch from Mercury.

Reported for treating The Beast Tamer Who Was Exiled from His Party Meets a Cat Girl From the Strongest Race as a joke.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Be careful, or you will end up in your own signature.

Tough that'd be bad form tbh. There's probably more clown stuff I've said and I don't want to be accused of not dunking on myself sufficiently. If this thread were a shonen anime, I would be the POLANAREFFU of the group. As I am something of a dumbass.

It goes without saying anyone here can quote me as they like for their signatures.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, InsaneCommander said:

Like every 3 months or so, I am faced with an announcement like this from a site I use:

firefox_LFtKKcjC4F.png

To which my reply, of course, is: "Screw you, I ain't watching any of that garbage...and while we're at it, screw all you people on here that will: we are not the same kind of people, I'm only on here to find old crap, while you lot are the rotten poison ruining the medium." ...I guess I have some internalized anger towards the people who make the anime industry what it is today, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Like every 3 months or so, I am faced with an announcement like this from a site I use:

firefox_LFtKKcjC4F.png

To which my reply, of course, is: "Screw you, I ain't watching any of that garbage...and while we're at it, screw all you people on here that will: we are not the same kind of people, I'm only on here to find old crap, while you lot are the rotten poison ruining the medium." ...I guess I have some internalized anger towards the people who make the anime industry what it is today, :p.

Stop being naughty and watch I’m the Villainess, So I’m Taming the Final Boss with us.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Alita: Battle Angel (2019).

For some reason, they mistakenly call her Alita instead of Gally. Well, it's a bit of an ugly and pedestrian affair: they jammed some new details in (which may come from later in the manga?) and yanked others out, but it more or less followed and ended with the incomplete two episode OVA...albeit I feel like they really missed the mark on setting the tone and atmosphere that the OVA did, on top of the characterization somehow being weaker. It's over twice as long as the OVA, yet feels like it really rushed through its story beats in favor of a lot of action scenes. Uh...I don't know why I watched this: I'm sorry.

Whatever they did to "animate" Gally makes her look like a 3D cartoon character in a real world space - most other people look and move around like...well, people, and then you have this Shrek-looking lady awkwardly lumbering around right beside them; who thought this was a good idea? More generally, the first few minutes or so of this film made me realize I hadn't watched a big dumb CGI Hollywood blockbuster film in a while, and I'd kind of forgotten how they work: it was honestly a bit of a culture shock. Surely this isn't how the film is going to look and operate? Well...yes, yes it is.

Right, now who wants to help me stick James Cameron into a blender? :banana:

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury – Prologue and episode 1

Gundam-The-Witch-From-Mercury-Prologue-f

Eri tries to celebrate her 4th anniversary with her parents, who work in a Gundam development facility in a space station, but the party is interrupted when agents from the Mobile Suit Development Council arrive to put an end to the project, due to the dangerous effects it has on the pilots.

This was a pretty good start for this anime. The prologue episode succeeded in making me care for the newly introduced characters and worry when their lives were in danger. Star Trek Discovery didn’t come close to that, despite having several seasons…

Episode 1 happened at least ten years later. It was interesting as well, but the scenario shifted to some kind of Mobile Suit/Technology school and that might not be a good thing if that is what the series will be about.

Spoiler

Eri, now a shy teenager with bad social skills under the name of Suletta, arrives at the space station and rescues a girl, Miorine, floating in space, just to discover that the girl was actually trying to escape. Her father, Delling (the bad guy who probably ordered the attack on the prologue), established the rules of the place, where everything is decided through Mobile Suit duels. Because of that, Miorine is now forced to be the fiance of Guel, the local bully.

After witnessing the way he treats Miorine, Suletta slaps his butt (in a hilarious scene that made me laugh loudly) and ends up accepting to duel him.

Miorine steals Suletta’s Gundam, Aerial, and tries to fight against Guel, but Suretta appears in the middle of the fight, takes control and humiliates the guy. By doing that, Suretta takes Guel’s place and is now the champion and Miorine’s fiance.

347da03fc070edef9d8af04e09e9ace851f876ae

I have no idea how a Gundam is openly seem by everyone without any weird reactions after being outlawed in the prologue. Maybe only the GUND system they were testing is illegal, but I’m 99% sure they said Gundams wouldn’t be allowed anymore.

• Gasp! 1

sign.jpg