What You've Done Today - Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

majestic

Current employer bothering me every day with some way they can keep me around, annoying.  But I guess if the pay is better, staying isn't all that bad.

• Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

After finishing the cat game Stray, I've spent idle time watching other people play Stray, which is rather fun, their reactions.

Apparently Jackson Galaxy (that "cat whisperer" guy) played the intro as a YT video and people loved it so much (it was great/funny, I saw it) that he's right this minute live streaming some more of the game via YouTube. the hilarious thing is he's so not a gamer, they're basically guiding him thru it at points. It's fun to watch him struggle thru it (to quote him, "probably doing something stupid (streaming)"). Also, cat commentary. I dunno if he's gonna stream very long but I hope it's a couple hours. 

*settles in*

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

There was a single Mega Lotto winner in IL, and it wasnt me. ;( One of my buddies was going to the store to buy tickets so I gave him $4 to pick me up two ticket and not a single number was right on either ticket. On the bright side, I promised him 10% if one of my tickets won, so I dont have to cut him a check for ~75M. :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So I went back to work after 5 weeks of vacation, a breeze of a day with just 5 hours overtime >_<

Great start

• Like 2
  • Gasp! 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

9 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Whoa! Since I turned 18 Ive never had five weeks off in a row. Did you wind up beating your friend in the fishing competition?

Haha! No, not yet, I've got him in numbers, easily, but that damn pike is going to be hard to beat 😂

I for some reason, probably a difference in how we bait the hook with the worms, keep getting many fishies, quickly, but I don't get any of the big ones. >_<

Oh, and I have 17 more vacation days that I can use :p

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 2
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

8 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Oh, and I have 17 more vacation days that I can use :p

Damn lazy Euros!

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So this late afternoon/evening I think I am going to unbox a lot of stuff and start arranging. The house/garage still looks like a massive storage warehouse because we're still afraid to unpack and end up just moving back etc. While my mood is generally content/good, I've been feeling (extra) rudderless re: day to day patterns. Maybe it's time to stop (mentally) living with that attitude and that'll help or inspire me to other small purposes. After all, I can just box it all up again right. Maybe seeing the house with all our "stuff" out will make hubby more comfy/decisive re: staying, too.

Small (possible) victories.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

5 hours ago, Malcador said:

Damn lazy Euros!

When I moved to New Zealand in 2003, my new workplace had just increased the annual leave from 3 weeks to 4 weeks. Still a "cut" compared to the 5 weeks of annual leave I was used to in Denmark. Of course, since I left my old country, they increased that to 6 weeks (depending on workplace). Never mind that I don't have kids and could get 9 weeks of parental leave (as a guy!). They are also experimenting in some municipalities with 4 day work weeks, increasing the daily hours a bit to meet the 35 hour work week target...

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

There's alot of earthquakes around Fagradalsflall and Mt. Keilir in iceland, some around the town of Grindavik aswell, so it's looking like there might be an eruption soon. So I'm going to be keeping my eye on a popout livestream all day 😃

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gorth said:

When I moved to New Zealand in 2003, my new workplace had just increased the annual leave from 3 weeks to 4 weeks. Still a "cut" compared to the 5 weeks of annual leave I was used to in Denmark. Of course, since I left my old country, they increased that to 6 weeks (depending on workplace). Never mind that I don't have kids and could get 9 weeks of parental leave (as a guy!). They are also experimenting in some municipalities with 4 day work weeks, increasing the daily hours a bit to meet the 35 hour work week target...

I don't know about Denmark, but many unions have increasing number of vacation days with age aswell. As an example, If you're a 40yo municipal worker you have 31 vacation days each year.

Edited by Azdeus

35 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

I don't know about Denmark, but many unions have increasing number of vacation days with age aswell. As an example, If you're a 40yo municipal worker you have 31 vacation days each year.

Pfff.... at 40, you're barely an adult yet 😝

• Haha 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Done with the first 6 hours of work for the day in the first 30 minutes, now to wait for **** to go to hell. *Stares at images of Icelandic volcanic landscape*

Huh, already got ordered 5 hours overtime 😂

6 hours ago, Azdeus said:

As an example, If you're a 40yo municipal worker you have 31 vacation days each year.

Whats the vacation amount for a 52yo?

I get 4 weeks to use at will, and then we get another 3 weeks in various religious and national holidays (IE: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, etc.). Do you get additional vacation days for your countrys respective holidays?

7 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Whats the vacation amount for a 52yo?

I get 4 weeks to use at will, and then we get another 3 weeks in various religious and national holidays (IE: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, etc.). Do you get additional vacation days for your countrys respective holidays?

32, so only one more day. It also varies between unions and collective labour agreements. The best case would be to work for the state that has a collective agreement with the ST union, then you'd have 35 vacation days from when you turn 40. If I, as a postnord worker, were to join the ST union (I'm in a union called SEKO right now) I'd still only have 25 vacation days though, even though ST covers postnord workers, but they have a different collective agreement with postnord than other state agencies. It's a bit convoluted :p

You don't get vacation days around holidays, you're just off work, and depending on what kind of employment you have it's either paid or not. So you'd have 32 vacation days, and holidays you'd generally be off work. So the typical whatever christian holiday stuff you're generally off work, then we have midsummer, and the national day, june 6th.

• Like 2

New company I am moving to has "unlimited PTO", which is a neat way of them avoiding having to pay out vacation days when you leave. Will still try to take 3 weeks a year, heh.

16 minutes ago, Malcador said:

New company I am moving to has "unlimited PTO", which is a neat way of them avoiding having to pay out vacation days when you leave. Will still try to take 3 weeks a year, heh.

What does that mean? First time I heard of that. Also congrats on the move!

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

7 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Unlimited paid time off, i.e. no set amount of vacation days.

• Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

7 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Well means you can take as much time off as you want, as long as you get it approved suitably in advance, and don't take too much as they'll hold that against you when you go over an amount your manager or someone above deems appropriate for workers to take off

Recruiter telling me that was a selling point made me laugh.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sarex said:

That exists? Wow, that would never work over here.

Welcome to North America. Blessed be the slave that learns to love the lash.

:p

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1