What You've Done Today - Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

majestic

38 minutes ago, majestic said:

I was on board with my dream where you looked like Avery Brooks and were a meth dealer, but sect leader is a little too far. I'm out. :p

The Hawk would never peddle ice.

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Juggling the assorted mix of life at the moment.

Work's being a bit messy  for a variety reasons, the ongoing stuff with my father's medical situation, the onset of the seasonal bout of things, and I've also had to book flight to San Diego for end of December / New Year week to attend the quinceanara of a friend's daughter.

Printing away at the Mando armour. Not going to have any of it ready for MCM Comic-Con at the end of the month, but I'm stewarding across all three days. I might just throw the steampunk adventurer kit in for something to amusingly strut around in when not working.

Also pondering on how the budget might stretch to add a resin printer to my crafting stuff.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

On 10/17/2022 at 2:25 PM, Malcador said:

The Hawk would never peddle ice.

to be fair, @majestic's fever dream image o' shady were o' a meth dealer who "looked like" hawk. 

reminds us gordon from sesame street.

'course "gordon" from sesame street would never be a pimp. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Spent over an hour being transferred around by Google support because they sent me the wrong screen protector for my Pixel watch. They sent me a rectangular Fitbit screen protector and the Pixel watch is round. The stupid watch already has a scratch on it, if I didn't get it for basically free I'd be pretty upset.

Free games updated 3/4/21

8 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Spent over an hour being transferred around by Google support because they sent me the wrong screen protector for my Pixel watch. They sent me a rectangular Fitbit screen protector and the Pixel watch is round. The stupid watch already has a scratch on it, if I didn't get it for basically free I'd be pretty upset.

Got the pixel 7 pro? How is it?

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

On 10/19/2022 at 1:54 AM, Gromnir said:

to be fair, @majestic's fever dream image o' shady were o' a meth dealer who "looked like" hawk. 

That was pretty much because Shady had Sisko as avatar at the time. Back in the days of yore when we shared pictures of ourselves on the forums (there was always some variation of a 'post your ugly mug' thread) I was always a little weirded out when people did not look like their avatars. Because that is clearly the reasonable thing to expect, that forum posters look like their chosen profile picture (bonus points on forums without custom avatars, like the old BIS board). :yes:

• Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

i do look like my avatar

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Getting the grandkid scammers calling me a lot this week.  Should try to screw with them next time they call

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just got a warning SMS an hour ago from the city council. Basically buckle down and fasten everything. Heavy thunderstorms and up to 150mm of rain between now and tomorrow. Way to spend a weekend 😝

It's probably a good thing I got my UPS fixed up and attached again.

• Gasp! 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Stay safe :)

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Stay safe. Don't go full apocalypse survivor on us.

Being semi-productive with my weekend. Or at least, printing stuff out. sanding things. brushing things with fibreglass resin. more sanding. spraying with primer.

Colour testing paint on old and broken prints...

Wrestling with that temptation of picking up a resin printer now when I see several special offers, or waiting a month or two when the budget is more sensible but potential inflation racing.... 🥴

Ksq8VmJ.jpg

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Stay safe @Gorth

I took my AR-10 to the range to break in the barrel. I still don't have my scope (it's backordered), but I do have a red dot on a 45⁰ offset mount. If you want to mount both a scope and a red dot, which is a good idea if it's a high magnification scope that's ill suited to short range firing, such as the 4-16X44 scope that's going on my rifle, there are 2 main options: 1) Mount the red dot on top of the scope 2) Mount the red dot 45⁰ offset. I went with option 2. I also have a bipod and a flashlight mounted. All I need now is my scope and some sling mounts. I'll post a picture once the rifle is in its full tacticool glory.

Anyway, breaking in the barrel may have been unnecessary as I barely saw any copper on the cleaning patches after the first 2 shots and zero copper after shot 3. I probably could have stopped right there and just started shooting normally, but I went through with the full break in routine. It can't hurt, even if it was likely a waste of time. I also dialed in the red dot while I was at it. I fired the first 15 from the bipod and shoulder fired the last 5. I'm glad I went with a 20" barrel as opposed to 18". It makes the rifle heavier, but it also makes it more front heavy, which is a good thing as the recoil goes mostly straight into my shoulder, rather than having the barrel climb. I'm also glad I splurged for the 2 stage trigger. The trigger on the rifle is awesome, it's super crisp and takes barely any pressure to pull. It's an absolute dream after squeezing a Glock trigger (even if I did improve it a bit) for the last few months.

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Election in the city, sort of don't care as the mayor's not powerful and the city council doesn't have much power in the first place. Still amazed at the random cranks that show up.   Will still go vote though, excuse to leave work for a bit.

7 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Hmm, Katphood hasnt been online since this post, hope alls well:

I have also been thinking about Kat, I am concerned but I know sometimes he isnt active for periods of time and then he comes  back

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

38 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Halloween costume:

tBUxIC1.jpeg

Be careful no one forces you to do 45 years of CPAC appearances.

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

17 minutes ago, KP From Another World said:

Be careful no one forces you to do 45 years of CPAC appearances.

How much do they pay per appearance?🤔

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

11 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Whats in the bag?

Nothing, it's just an empty soft cooler, it's the closest thing I had on hand to the bag Kenosha Kyle had. In his case, I think the bag had medical supplies in it.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸