Funny Stuff Commander

Gorth

On 12/26/2021 at 9:22 AM, Guard Dog said:

LOL I love the Burger King logo on the USA!

hate to be our usual wet blanket, but burger king is owned by Kanadians. is so many iconic US brands and they manage to choose one which is actual owned by canucks?

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Quote for the Day: "I've learned that you should never google without thinking about the consequences first... Sometimes, googling is a good idea... The Mindanao Islamic Liberation Front found this to their cost..."

• Haha 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

58 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

hate to be our usual wet blanket, but burger king is owned by Kanadians. is so many iconic US brands and they manage to choose one which is actual owned by canucks?

HA! Good Fun!

I did not know that. I thought it was because Burger King is on every US military base. Even the ones overseas. I don't know if that is still the case but in the 80's and 90's it definitely was. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Maybe they were fans of World in Conflict, had a cutscene showing US troops trying to retake a Burger King.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

10 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

I thought it was because Burger King is on every US military base. 

that would make more sense. oddly enough, no bk at coronado, so we would not have made the connection.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

18 minutes ago, Raithe said:

269853424_3039536599629196_1476563591943

gays in the 80s "let the bigots screech, i'm gonna be a living legend and make the world respect me"

gays today "i'm entitled to respect and the government should make it illegal for people to dislike me"

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

2.png

• Haha 4
  • Hmmm 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

May be an image of one or more people and text that says 'Authoritarian sex workis bad because its work Economic- Left sex work is bad because Right its sex Economic- Right sex work is good sex work becauseits how good because get work its how i get sex Libertarian'

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Thomas Sowell

May be an image of text that says 'Gave myself a ticket, so that they don't MESSAGES nov Harvard Bro you want a scholarship?'

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Thomas Sowell

On 12/29/2021 at 7:08 AM, Guard Dog said:

I did not know that. I thought it was because Burger King is on every US military base. Even the ones overseas. I don't know if that is still the case but in the 80's and 90's it definitely was. 

Speaking of overseas... this is what Burger King looks like in Australia:

image.png.605e34d2dc8e8193e438c50dce641137.png

The name was already taken when Burger King knocked on the door and the owner refused to sell the name. So BK had to change their brand name here.

• Gasp! 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein