Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous, Part 3

ShadySands

I'm unsure as to whether or not the contributions of a contractor managed to make it into the game or were completely expunged (a cursory scan through Discord and the forums have not yielded an answer for me), but if it was the former and if all the companions were in a police line-up my choices for the one he had a hand in would have been either Regil or Ember. Ember in my mind shares some thematic similarities with Kreia, with dare I say shades of Ossie Davis as Da Mayor in the sense that she's a tramp that has to remind people to abide by really basic stuff, of which some of her pleas still falls on deaf ears ("Always do the right thing." "*Blinks* That's it?" "That's it." "I got it. I'm gone.").

Earlier in the thread there was some discussion on some of what I call the really wonky pacing of difficulty in game, specifically the Chorussina/Blightmaw encounter. Lizard brain tells us upon seeing the summoning ritual that you kill the sacrifices as quickly as possible to interrupt the summoning of a TPK baddie. Ritual stopped. But instead the Wizard leading the ritual turns out to have been an even greater threat than the Demon himself with 15 attacks with stratospheric AB per round, and what's more allowing the ritual to be completed and killing Blightmaw yields the exact same material reward _AND_ nets you even more EXP. Wait, what?

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

8 hours ago, Agiel said:

I'm unsure as to whether or not the contributions of a contractor managed to make it into the game or were completely expunged (a cursory scan through Discord and the forums have not yielded an answer for me), but if it was the former and if all the companions were in a police line-up my choices for the one he had a hand in would have been either Regil or Ember. Ember in my mind shares some thematic similarities with Kreia, with dare I say shades of Ossie Davis as Da Mayor in the sense that she's a tramp that has to remind people to abide by really basic stuff, of which some of her pleas still falls on deaf ears ("Always do the right thing." "*Blinks* That's it?" "That's it." "I got it. I'm gone.").

Earlier in the thread there was some discussion on some of what I call the really wonky pacing of difficulty in game, specifically the Chorussina/Blightmaw encounter. Lizard brain tells us upon seeing the summoning ritual that you kill the sacrifices as quickly as possible to interrupt the summoning of a TPK baddie. Ritual stopped. But instead the Wizard leading the ritual turns out to have been an even greater threat than the Demon himself with 15 attacks with stratospheric AB per round, and what's more allowing the ritual to be completed and killing Blightmaw yields the exact same material reward _AND_ nets you even more EXP. Wait, what?

Spoiler

unless has been changed, you only get the ring which boosts dc for the caster's enchantment spells by +2 if you slay blightmaw, so not quite the same rewards. also, chorussina becomes more powerful based on the number o' cultists you fail to dispatch, but as mentioned in an earlier spoiler, she has no sr (none) which does make a few strategies possible which may be unavailable to those who would need decide 'tween blightmaw and the transformed dervish o' destruction who is choussina. depending on your party composition, blightmaw may be the more difficult foe as 'posed to a choussina.

however, as noted elsewhere, if it is possible to do so, we always debuff a foe with intimidation delivered by a character who has at least one level o' thug, so blightmaw is a far easier confrontation than chorussina, regardless o' the number o' cultists dispatched. fear locking blightmaw is perhaps a bit anticlimactic, but who is Gromnir to complain?  playful darkness, baphomet and deskari are similar vulnerable to such cheese and at this point we feel zero guilt 'bout exploiting such. 

the blightmaw loot drop, btw, is one o' the near required bits o' gear if you wanna play a non-blaster caster in wotr. caster level is swell and all, but dc's and sr is the real hurdles for any caster who uses spells which require saves... although there is so many sr defeating items in the game, as well as the mythic spell penetration feat, which together make mid/late game sr a negligible obstacle. regardless, obscure gear available in optional encounters is the difference 'tween being potent and useless? an odd design choice, eh?

is an amulet which may be purchased in drezen in act iii which boosts mind affecting spell dc's by +2. is bracers which you find in nexus which boost enchantment by 2. IF you kill the succubus priestess of nocticula in the midnight fane (no ez task), you receive mittens/gloves which boost enchantment spell dc by 2. the puzzle reward staff from the ivory sanctum which increases all spell dc by two is also functional necessary... oh, and is a rando book which boosts enchantment dc by 1. 

so, play a half elf azata, 'cause the azata got two dc boosting spells (one for the dc o' any spell cast and one for spells with will saves) and half elves benefit from the highest possible starting charisma, and find all the obscure 100t drops we mentioned, then maybe you are able to generate spell dc necessary to be useful in boss battles on core and perhaps even hard difficulty... if you are extreme lucky and choose all the right feat selections. oh, and make certain you are a fair blaster as well 'cause 1/2 foes are immune to mind affecting spells, so...

btw, another not so obvious choice is to make seelah a court poet if you wanna play enchanter or illusionist, 'cause skalds have the capacity to boost intelligence and charisma of party members by up to 6. admitted, the sweet spot for seelah in our most recent run were 11/8/1 paladin/court poet/demonslayer, but we were rolling a blaster and the dc boosting were less essential. the +4 to int and charisma were a nice boost even so... +2 to dc, mark of justice, smite, etc. 

with the brobdingnagian stat bloat for foes, utilizing obscure builds and finding hidden loot is practically required, and such is not essential for unfair difficulty alone. anything 'bove (and perhaps including) normal difficulty encourages player cheese, which offends our crpg aesthetic, but it is what it is.

wotc is weird and not just 'cause o' ember and camellia.

HA! Good Fun!

ps (edit) the reason for suggesting half-elf is also tied to the sorc bloodline which is boosting dcs, so makes more sense to go sorc route than other arcane casters, although a one-level dip in sorc would be enough. however, is a couple azata spells and abilities, such as life bonding friendship, which are specific tied to charisma, so...

*groan*

so much metagamery nonsense.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Btw, I just came across my first bona fide non-trivial bug. In my azata run, I get this Court that houses several creatures related to my mythic path. At one point, I'm supposed to give one of them 30 enchanted pieces of something for his mural. There are three spots in my court where I can supposedly enchant items (junk items, they are supposed to be). But when I hit one of these spots, all my inventory shows is potions, and they cannot be enchanted because they are already magical. All other inventory categories show nothing at all, and the usable items category shows potions, and that's it.

I reckon that's a bug.

57 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

Btw, I just came across my first bona fide non-trivial bug. In my azata run, I get this Court that houses several creatures related to my mythic path. At one point, I'm supposed to give one of them 30 enchanted pieces of something for his mural. There are three spots in my court where I can supposedly enchant items (junk items, they are supposed to be). But when I hit one of these spots, all my inventory shows is potions, and they cannot be enchanted because they are already magical. All other inventory categories show nothing at all, and the usable items category shows potions, and that's it.

I reckon that's a bug.

it's an obscure quest, but your problem is not a bug, which is good news, yes?

use junk. go back to merchants with whom you have previously interacted and buy back your junk items. the junk items will be capable o' transformation into either edible whatzits or shiny mural pieces.

HA! Good fun!

ps as an aside, with azata dc boosting spells, our nenio at level 20, who is having considerable investment in arcane trickster to take advantage o' blasting and is not a dedicated illusionist, is able to manage dc 47 weird casts thanks to gear similar to stuff already mentioned... though 'course her personal quest is populated by 2/3 undead and/or constructs, 'cause that kinda thing is what owlcat believes is funny/amusing game design. 

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 hours ago, Gromnir said:

it's an obscure quest, but your problem is not a bug, which is good news, yes?

use junk. go back to merchants with whom you have previously interacted and buy back your junk items. the junk items will be capable o' transformation into either edible whatzits or shiny mural pieces.

I already carry some pieces of junk, such as letters, porcelain plates (worth 2 gp each), a cracked cell key and so on. None of these appear in the inventory, although I think they should, as they qualify as junk. If not, what does?

It's really peculiar that when I try to interact with that enchanted piece of land, the only thing appearing in my inventory is potions. They appear in the "all items" and "usable items" categories, but nothing else appears anywhere else.

the junk in your inventory is the stuff which you were unable to sell via bulk selling, yes? doesn't count.

seriously though, buy-back the cheapest stuff you sold merchants, then work your way up to cheap jewelry and silver dust and the like.

HA! Good Fun!

ps along with the shiny bits and edible whatzits, via the transformative effect you will be adding junk such as small toys, handheld mirrors, greeting cards, and the infrequent potion or low level magic item, none of which will be available to use for transformation. you need the right junk.

pps

Edited by Gromnir

6 hours ago, Gromnir said:

the junk in your inventory is the stuff which you were unable to sell via bulk selling, yes? doesn't count.

I decided to carry everything (that wasn't heavy) from Areelu's lab, and there were indeed legitimate junk items there. So, I was able to finish this silly quest. Thanks!

1 hour ago, xzar_monty said:

I decided to carry everything (that wasn't heavy) from Areelu's lab, and there were indeed legitimate junk items there. So, I was able to finish this silly quest. Thanks!

no problem. one suspects somebody at owlcat made the quest more difficult than it needed to be. is items which curious is not capable o' being sold to vendors, and would appear to be junk, but try and get rid o' that wooden fork. dare you. wooden plates and mugs, on the other hand, is tagged appropriate. no doubt there is a good reason why there were a need to differentiate bulk sale items from junk for purposes o' the quest in question, 'cause if you had been able to use mundane swords and armour to complete the quest, somebody's immersion woulda' been broken? alternative for owlcat were going through list o' all inventory items and tagging appropriate as junk... and predictable missing a few items in the process. 

our first time completing the quest were in the beta, before we got in the habit o' selling everything to only woljif (act iv) or wilcer garm (everywhere else). the problem for us were that just previous to having acquired the azata quest at issue, we sold almost all o' our accumulated junk to the skeletal merchant, and previously we had sold to woljif who had not yet been returned to our party. 'course we simultaneous had the issue where the skeletal merchant just stopped being available. fudge. worse, in the beta, the rate at which junk were turned into shiny doodads and edible thingies was much worse and you needed far more junk to complete the quest. 

*sigh*

on our recent azata run we literal never got the skeletal merchant to show in act v. not once. whole lotta map travel attempting to trigger. no luck. maybe our stealth were too high? sure weren't a matter o' insufficient perception. dunno.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

3 hours ago, xzar_monty said:

I am now in Act 3, I guess, and I have not seen the skeletal merchant yet. I only thought he appeared in Pathfinder: Kingmaker...

He's here too. Dracolich/Ravener Dragon must be a real slave driver.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

9 hours ago, xzar_monty said:

I am now in Act 3, I guess, and I have not seen the skeletal merchant yet. I only thought he appeared in Pathfinder: Kingmaker...

That's weird. I couldn't make 5 steps without meeting him in Act 2. Again. And again and again...:skull:

2 hours ago, bugarup said:

That's weird. I couldn't make 5 steps without meeting him in Act 2. Again. And again and again...:skull:

it would be nice to know what are the triggers for the skeletal merchant. we met the undead vendor many times previous to act v. for our angel run, we got one act v encounter with mr. bones. for our azata we saw the skeletal merchant not at all in act v, and such were after considerable wasted overland map travel trying to trigger such an encounter. 

is not a big deal, but is disappointing even so.

HA! Good Fun!

3 hours ago, bugarup said:

Wow. I agree that it's weird. Maybe I'll eventually see him.

When it comes to random encounters, by the way, I must say the design leaves a lot to be desired. I am in favor of them as a concept, but the application is poor. Essentially every wilderness encounter has been one where the enemy is already right at melee range, closer than melee range, almost on top of / in the middle of my group. That's inexplicable to me: there's no reasonable way to assume that a group of ash giants, for instance, could ever walk right into my group without me noticing them from, say, 30 feet (heck, I should notice them from 300 feet and further!). But they are at 5 feet and closer right from the start. Makes no sense.

ok, following our azata run, we thought we would mention a few quirky items, particularly relics, which, were either easy to miss or their descriptions failed to proper describe effects. am suspecting many readers will know o' this stuff, but for those who do not we offer.

warning: is kinda self evident all the following is spoilerish to some degree.

Spoiler

mallander's insult is a relic sword which is +2 and adds +3d6 unholy damage to your equipped weapon for 10 minutes. the thing is, mallander's insult doesn't need be the equipped weapon. as long as mallander's insult occupies one o' your weapon slots, you may use the buff, a buff which may be extended through extend and greater extend mythic abilities. 

have mentioned chillbite, the chillroar relic shield which is +2 spiked and adds +1 per die to cold damage. is also makes folks vulnerable to cold damage on a successful bash and a failed save, but the dc for the cold vulnerability is negligible. the thing is, you should never ignore those seeming small +1 per die bonuses, particular when coupled with hellfire rays. 

speaking of +1 per die bonuses, IF you play an arcane trickster, then after ivory sanctum octavia from kingmaker leaves a chestpiece for you: ambrosial attire of arcane annihilation. proverbial gift horse. the item which provides a +4 to ray attacks and a +1 per die damage bonus to any elemental damage spell, just shows up in your personal chest following the completion o' the ivory sanctum in act iii, but only if your pc is an arcane trickster.

the numerian greatsword offers kinda ok bonuses for melee characters, but perhaps its most curious and useful function is the fact it provides a +2 to spell dcs for the user. so it kinda functions like the quarterstaff of the war mage but as a greatsword, which makes possible a few cleric and oracle builds.

devouring lust is a crusade relic generated from the fate of the attractive impulse. rod, not gloves. maximizes up to six spells per day (any level) and changes damage type to unholy, which demons is susceptible to.

swarms are a pain in the arse-- immune to physical damage and spells which target an individual or specific critter. the fate of the phylactery of stevanius the rotten is a crusade relic available in act ii which may be upgraded to a ring which you may use to change a party member's damage type to force for a round. downside is a small hp cost to use, but the real drawback is the fact that in spite o' s'posed being a free action to activate, it were (as o' a few patches past) requiring a standard action. 

have personal never used the cave fangs exploit, and it may have been patched, but for possible unparalleled cheese, you may amuse yourself with demon lord cave fangs battles.

the ring of chaotic fascination drops from blightmaw. it is a +2 ring of protection, but more significant it adds +2 to spells from the enchantment school.

goggles of mind control are a late game item and available through enigma, so likely not worth the effort, but the face-slot gear adds +2 to the spell dc o' all min affecting spells cast.

will update this post a bit later as am knowing is a few curious items we failed to mention.

HA! Good Fun!

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

I've always gone with the belt for Mallander's when I go fire with my blasters, which is almost always.

PS fire seems to be the devs favorite with all the things that boost it

the belt is arguable the best choice even if you aren't personal playing a blaster, 'cause then chances are you got either ember or nenio kitted as a blaster.  and yeah, the developers appear to wanna convince you to use fire. the treacherous flame gloves are admitted an act v thing, but they kinda feel like overkill with all the other fire boosting gear available in previous acts. were potential even worse before the developers downgraded the mephistopheles gear. fire is our choice for a kinda "best blaster," particular for anybody with arcane trickster levels, although cold remains a serious contender if you is capable o' wielding a shield and can wear armour, but the overabundance o' fire stuff is kinda glaring.  am extreme disappointed waterfall doesn't work as one would expect, 'cause 'tween cold versions o' chain lightning getting the benefit o' boosted cold dcs and mass icy prison now working as per the spell description, a cold blaster woulda' been a contender for the top spot, but such is perhaps being greedy as a cold focused arcane trickster/sorcerer is more than capable o' reducing even demon lords to frosty stains at hard level difficulty in two rounds, two rounds if you get bad rolls. 

we mentioned the sword 'cause it has a unique property which is easily missed. who woulda' thunk that seelah or your pc paladin could add +3d6 unholy damage to radiance by having the short sword in a weapon slot not current being utilized? 

HA! Good Fun!

ps speaking o' items, perhaps atypical for our azata blaster we used the plague of madness staff almost exclusive once we acquired in act iii. the free max and empower on every 3rd cast o' same spell is particular advantageous to a blaster. 

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 7:14 PM, ShadySands said:

I've always gone with the belt for Mallander's when I go fire with my blasters, which is almost always.

PS fire seems to be the devs favorite with all the things that boost it

Too bad Meteor Swarm didn't make it in then.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

the thing is, weird kinda kicks meteor swarm arse in a game like wotr. meteor swarms has a tendency to result in post cast regret as they do fire and bludgeon damage over a considerable area and the potential for friendly fire pain exceeds even that o' clashing rocks. weird, on the other hand, is free o' the friendly fire concerns and almost as much as owlcat placed gear in the game to take advantage o' fire, they did so same for phantasmal killer/weird. mephistopheles robe gives a debuff v. fear and robe o' determination reduces fort saves. is a magician's rings which adds +2 to illusion spell dcs. an azata blaster is capable o' achieving dcs for illusion spells in the low 50s. on unfair, deskari has something like +50ish will and fort saves, which is worse than playful darkness. with a few debuffs and the madness domain power, it is possible to reduce demon lord saves by +20 points, making it functional a guarantee to one-shot 'em with weird. is admitted kinda anti-climactic. 'course there is a bunch o' critters immune to fear effects, and for them you better be prepared with a character who is blaster capable, but most o' the bosses is subject to weird. 

am knowing it were not gonna be possible anytime soon, but the wacky mechanics o' wall o' lava is maybe the one direct damage spell we never expect to see implemented, but nevertheless would love to see in a pathfinder game. need a real z axis and flying creatures, which is a large % o' higher level critters, simple ignore the wall in a large enough space, but is nevertheless having whimsy appeal and like grease it ignores sr.

aside, skalds are finally working as described, at least they are based on limited testing. being able to party share beast totem powers is making an animal companion heavy party practical demand a skald as you is adding a bunch o' natural attacks, stacking natural armour and damage bonuses, as well as adding pounce, so dogs and wolves (in particular) become sooper powered with a skald in the party. the capstone for skalds, other than court poet, is one o' the better powers in the game as it erases the negative impact o' rage on spell/ability use and grants perma haste while raging. seeing as there is a mythic feat called limitless rage, you is gonna be enjoying the party sharing benefits constant. only potential downside is the fact skalds (again, other than court poet) is almost demanding to be given 20 levels, so if you like multiclass shenanigans, skald might be a tough call. 

am also thinking it will be difficult to have lann as anything other than a divine hunter in our future parties. oh sure, we like the celestial velociraptor benefiting from smite, but more significant am also kinda addicted to a few o' the domain powers, and sosiel is the only joinable who benefits from domains unless you multiclass. am needing community domain. period. sosiel or another high wisdom character is gonna need add the community domain in any wotr run we attempt. guarded hearth is the single best buff in the game. am also kinda a fan o' animal companions, the nobility domain AND the madness domain. am s'posing you could have sosiel take impossible domain four times, but such would undercut his overall efficacy as a caster and healer. if you multiclass lann it makes sense to do so with inquisitor, hunter, cleric or druid. divine hunter may cast domain spells spontaneous, and he will have access to impossible domain, so divine hunter it is. 

is now a a whole bunch o' dinosaur bones in the game, but we kinda got in the habit o' having nenio craft legendary proportion scrolls to avoid the bone requirement. am not sure why we keep crafting'em but by the end o' our azata run we had more than two dozen dinosaur bones in inventory w/o ever purchasing 'em and we also had more than a dozen extra legendary proportion scrolls... 'cause? gonna need adjust our nenio scroll crafting scheme for our aeon run. 

regardless, weird is kinda silly powerful given the gear available in the game. 'course taking advantage o' weird is again requiring all kinda metagamey silliness, but wotr is a pathfinder game and a pathfider crpg from owlcat at that. from wotr we expected best spells and best weapons and best domains and best...

HA! Good Fun!

3 hours ago, Gromnir said:

the nobility domain

Ran into an issue where my party was immune to nobility domain buffs in the last couple of chapters. YRMV, but something to keep in mind.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

50 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Just started chapter 2 with my tiefling sorc. Not sure which path I want to go yet but since I have the merge spellbooks mod I actually feel like I can just RP it instead of metagaming it and that's new and fun.

trickster make great prepare caster

azata are ok with any caster

8 hours ago, Achilles said:

Ran into an issue where my party was immune to nobility domain buffs in the last couple of chapters. YRMV, but something to keep in mind.

rare (though it does happen) have party immune, but we do sometimes have a few party members immune, which is curious. usual only happens party wide when we go through our entire prebuff ritual (not even always at that point,) and as often as not the insight bonus shows up regardless even if the combat log says a character were immune. am less concerned that arueshalae is immune to inspiring command if she nevertheless gets the +2 bonus from the ability. am suspecting there is a spell conflict, but we haven't bothered to check.

on the other side of the balance, heroes never surrender is also refunding all non azata spells and abilities, including 9th level spells. will be curious to see how that functions with shady's mod. not positive on what is happening with joy of life as am thinking a recent patch changed the way that spell s implemented and we kinda stopped using. 

negative: favourable magic remains wonky as it does indeed provide the equivalent o' perpetual brilliant inspiration but it does not increase damage on a successful save, so your blaster ain't doing 75% damage on chain lighting when the foe saves.

a few azata spells is most assuredly not designed for boosted caster level. voice of renewal,  song of steel, moral support and the aforementioned heroes never surrender is the most obvious caster level/merged exploits we would anticipate. voice o' renewal will be spamable for a sorc and is low level, and with merged would be granting up to 30d6 aoe sonic damage and a party-wide 30d6 heal per cast. believe in yourself, the spell which boosts a single attribute score, would be serious broken as well, if it were working as described, but current it is linked to azata mythic level as 'posed to caster level, so max should remain a rather paltry +2 once you reach azata level 8, but who knows what kinda wacky happens with mods.

if you have already played/beaten the game multiple times, why not play around with exploits and god mode kinda stuff? am personal avoiding mods but not based on some kinda moral or gaming purist stance but rather 'cause game is still in kinda a beta mode for all intents and purposes. am not certain if owlcat bothers to read bug reports or message board posts, if they ever did, but am trying to avoid mods until most o' the class feature bugs is expunged.

however, am gonna repeat how shocked the current state o' the game has us, and we mean this in a good way. yeah, each new patch creates a new quest bug, but most o' the serious quest bugs has been addressed. if you had told us in late august that most quest bugs would be gone by christmas, we woulda' laughed at your optimism.  is many spells and class abilities which is broken, and a few owlcat fixes is to simple declare broken is the new fixed by changing in-game descriptions to match broken. is doubtful all wotr spells and abilities is gonna be fixed, evar. is just too many things which need be fixed and at some point owlcat will decide the effort to fix is not worth the roi-- too busy working on next title or whatever. even so, the game, while still not fully cooked, is playable for for us personal and is in a far better state than we woulda' anticipated for a bit less than four months post release.

HA! Good Fun!

ps am kinda personal going in the opposite direction o' power enhancing mods as we increase the difficulty before the boss fights. the game is enough o' a slog such that we would consider seppuku if we needed do every fight on unfair, but for big fights am willing to crank up the difficulty a bit to give foes a fighting chance. am also probable gonna have our dual wielding aeon choose something like hand axes or some other less than ideal weapon type... though hand axes is an excellent choice very late game, when it don't genuine matter and you can stack just about any weapon with silly damage output. 

Edited by Gromnir

7 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Just started chapter 2 with my tiefling sorc. Not sure which path I want to go yet but since I have the merge spellbooks mod I actually feel like I can just RP it instead of metagaming it and that's new and fun.

I think the merge mod only supports Azata and Demon for Sorcerer. You can use ToyBox to merge with the others.

I don't like the Crusade game. It's not as bad Kingmaker's management, but it feels like I spend a lot less time actually playing the game than I do managing.

That's better than just Lich but it would be nice if it was for all paths.

I actually like the crusade but I wish there was more to it. I guess I can see why they wouldn't want to put more resources into an optional part of the game since there's no guarantee it'll get more people to engage with it. I'm a huge fan of HoMM type games though and may be too forgiving because it's my jam.

• Hmmm 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

13 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

That's better than just Lich but it would be nice if it was for all paths.

It is with Toybox, I've tested it and they work fine. The mod is better in a lot of ways but having more merge options than skelly or angel is great.

16 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I actually like the crusade but I wish there was more to it. I guess I can see why they wouldn't want to put more resources into an optional part of the game since there's no guarantee it'll get more people to engage with it. I'm a huge fan of HoMM type games though and may be too forgiving because it's my jam.

It's not very intuitive and the (early) unit diversity is abysmal. If I didn't pull up a guide I would have no idea what half the units could do before getting into combat. And Mage Generals are so OP that Setsuna Shy has bodied more demons in a month than the other Crusades did in total.

But at least it isn't Kingmaker's management thing.