Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous, Part 3

ShadySands

1 hour ago, uuuhhii said:

shattered pillar are awful at low level but decent with a low armor build later

die as much as helwalker

all the school specialization subclass are kind of trap for new player

require far too much effort and multiclass to make some of them work

*sigh*

following all patches, shattered pillars are not as good as other monks. this hardly makes 'em non viable or even bad. the worst monk subclass is still gonna be relative strong in deadfire. is not hard to find recommended shattered pillars builds littering the interweb (and on this board) complete with video. knock your self out reviewing. 

the wizard sub classes are also offering benefits which rare outweigh the costs. doesn't make 'em traps. not as good is hardly = trap.

*chuckle*

gonna try and tell us you are serious suggesting a conjurer or shattered pillar is not viable on normal difficulties?

people indulging hyperbole to make a point.

*sigh*

gotta recall we followed pillars and deadfire developments kinda close. can't count the times somebody asserted that __________ or ____________ were useless. so we played rogues when they were s'posed sucky. we played shamans when literal nobody had played. (and we mean "literal." obsidian game telemetry revealed how the number o' people who had played a shaman months after release were = 0.) we played contemplatives when they were the second least played class or multiclass. etc. we genuine played rather than indulging in theory crafting speculation.

serious though, you cannot imagine how many times we has seen same  "_______ are awful" declarations. 

oh, and as somebody who actual played multiple helwalker and a shattered pillars builds, saying they die at similar rates is meaningless. if you know what you are doing, neither is dying, 'cause deadfire monks are strong. helwalker however does require more micromanagement. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

kinda a weird quirk noticed:

the bound of possibility, areelu's cloak, when fully restored ordinarily provides mythic specific enhancements. as such, switching to legend from ____________ results in most useful aspects o' the cloak being lost, and if you upgrade the cloak after becoming a legend, rerolling skill checks is an uninspired bonus at that point in the game, particular as the legend has so many levels and is less likely to fail a skill check than just 'bout anybody. 

however, we underlined "most" for a reason. the aeon's cloak doesn't boost or modify an aeon power. instead, the aeon version o' the cloak provides perma-haste to the wearer and his party in combat while forcing foes to make a save or be slowed. all party members also gain a +4 insight bonus to saves and skill checks. 

am suspecting the trickster version o' the cloak would also retain its benefits once making the switch to legend, but have not checked as we never bothered to play a trickster.

our observation is hardly a reason to choose aeon or trickster before switching to legend, but the aeon cloak power in particular is a nice bonus for a legend character.

also while am suspecting most folks still checking this thread already know the following, but jic, when we achieved mythic, we immediate went from level eighteen to thirty-five. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I restarted my arcanist and just finished chapter 2. I gotta say that even though there's no background reactivity and not much class reactivity there is tons of reactivity for different deities. I actually have 2 games going side by side, my normal game with this arcanist and a modded one where he I gave him almost all the gods. In the modded game there's tons of new dialogue options, buffs, and even some cool story interactions. I've heard that if you worship Pharasma and go lich there are some really cool interactions

Free games updated 3/4/21

21 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I restarted my arcanist and just finished chapter 2. I gotta say that even though there's no background reactivity and not much class reactivity there is tons of reactivity for different deities. I actually have 2 games going side by side, my normal game with this arcanist and a modded one where he I gave him almost all the gods. In the modded game there's tons of new dialogue options, buffs, and even some cool story interactions. I've heard that if you worship Pharasma and go lich there are some really cool interactions

Are you all right good sir? That's almost an exact copy of your post from the other page. :p

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

2 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Beep bop

you may have been built to be better than human, but you can't escape the fact you were designed by humans, which means your programming is inherently flawed. you were bound to slip up eventually. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 1

Started Chapter 5 now. Ended up giving most of my party Last Stand because it stopped the "hilarious" accidential critical hits from leading to instant reloads and characters with Last Stand can tank anything in a pinch. Ember has a Greater Bolster, Greater Maximize (well, the artifact that converts all damage done to unholy to boot - not that it was necessary with the Ascendant Element) and Greater Quicken Rods by now.

Got her Improved Critical: Ray, Mythic Improved Critical: Ray and Loremaster'ed Improved Improved Critical: Ray and gave her Red, Gold and Brass bloodlines. Even on Unfair, enemies need to get really, really lucky to survive going against her. Or, as it happened in case of the [Chapter 4 Final Boss], when Ember was up, he got really unlucky and ate a 1200 damage crit from her Hellfire Ray, pretty much ending the fight immediately.

Oh, and yeah, the Hellfire Rays added by Blackened and Red Salamander are of different spell levels, meaning she now has three spell levels (6, 7 and 8) worth of Hellfire Rays. That pew pew lasts for a while, and in between she sets enemy caster stats to 1, inflicts excruciating pain on enemies and conjures up cannon fodder if needed. Could debate the finer points of nothing of that fitting her character, but hey... who cares. :p 

Almost tempted to make myself a Leyline Witch going Devil at some point. That just must be completely hilarious with the Devil's unlimited Hellfire Rays.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, majestic said:

Almost tempted to make myself a Leyline Witch going Devil at some point. That just must be completely hilarious with the Devil's unlimited Hellfire Rays.

I've thought about doing Devil, but 

Spoiler

I don't want to play Aeon and couldn't do that to Aivu

Unlimited Hellfire Rays could be busted, but I think TTTs or the recent patch fixes slas to not be counted as spells.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Chapter 5, fighting Chapter 4's trash mobs in the streets.

Spoiler

Which class can kill (well, relatively, I know she's canon character or whatnot) Nocticula and preferably do as much damage as possible to her realm? Just Trickster and Demon? Because I am playing that next, even if it's that saccharine infantile Azata. I'm also thinking about cheating in that one true ending because I've read you can do Vorlesh particularly dirty in it and she's so -ing deserves it. :down: 

Also, was Goathead fight scripted, or is Nocticula a kill stealer too? Can Trickster put Fullsome Queen on Nocticula's throne? Please tell me they can.

Lich got attribute damage perk. Payback time, bitches! :fdevil:

Edited by bugarup

4 hours ago, bugarup said:

Chapter 5, fighting Chapter 4's trash mobs in the streets.

Hide contents

Which class can kill (well, relatively, I know she's canon character or whatnot) Nocticula and preferably do as much damage as possible to her realm? Just Trickster and Demon? Because I am playing that next, even if it's that saccharine infantile Azata. I'm also thinking about cheating in that one true ending because I've read you can do Vorlesh particularly dirty in it and she's so -ing deserves it. :down: 

Also, was Goathead fight scripted, or is Nocticula a kill stealer too? Can Trickster put Fullsome Queen on Nocticula's throne? Please tell me they can.

Lich got attribute damage perk. Payback time, bitches! :fdevil:

trickster with two companion with aoo build and 11 to 20 crit weapon basically destroy everything

if they didn't fail any will save against some nonsense save or die effect

8 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

trickster with two companion with aoo build and 11 to 20 crit weapon basically destroy everything

if they didn't fail any will save against some nonsense save or die effect

I probably will find a way to kill her mechanically one way or another, what I meant was if I'm going to be allowed. Because with Lich it was all like Shepard vs Aria in Mass Effect 2, where there wasn't even a dialogue option to express how unimpressed I was with that stupid GMNPC, let alone to smack her. :down:

8 minutes ago, bugarup said:

I probably will find a way to kill her mechanically one way or another, what I meant was if I'm going to be allowed. Because with Lich it was all like Shepard vs Aria in Mass Effect 2, where there wasn't even a dialogue option to express how unimpressed I was with that stupid GMNPC, let alone to smack her. :down:

we played trickster in the beta nowhere near deep enough to make meaningful observations, but as far as am aware, you may only access the nocticula fight via trickster and demon paths. socothbenoth is trickster only, or so we believe. 

HA! Good Fun!

26 minutes ago, bugarup said:

Did you prefer Kai Leng?

Because she just goes back into the abyss after a Trickster or Demon (I assume, these are the only two that get a extra options to kill a DL) and maybe sends you a present at the endgame.

At least she doesn't send an email calling you a bitch

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

26 minutes ago, KP wants Blue Velvet said:

Kai Leng?

🤮 🤮 Dude! I just ate!

That is, Kai Leng is worst of the worst. Even being killable does not redeem him any.

In other news, just had a big ass cut scene where I was once again exposed to Nocticula's smug mug. Aaaaand will have to repeat it, because I forgot to take away leaving companion's gear. Just lovely.  :getlost:

• Like 1

Successfully romanced the resident ワイフ, so that worked out well enough and one more achievement down, and I told Camellia to go stuff herself in a box, although I don't think she'd going to do that.  Greybor's quest bugged out and it finished without the prelude to the final part, which was pretty strange.

20 hours ago, KP wants Blue Velvet said:

I've thought about doing Devil, but 

Hide contents

I don't want to play Aeon and couldn't do that to Aivu

Yeah, no, I don't think any Hellfire Ray spamming Witch wants to go with Aeon.

1 hour ago, bugarup said:

🤮 🤮 Dude! I just ate!

That is, Kai Leng is worst of the worst. Even being killable does not redeem him any.

In other news, just had a big ass cut scene where I was once again exposed to Nocticula's smug mug. Aaaaand will have to repeat it, because I forgot to take away leaving companion's gear. Just lovely.  :getlost:

You don't like Kai Leng? He's a space ninja man. They even show you how cool he is when he DESTROYS Shepard in a cut scene. How can you not love that?

40 minutes ago, majestic said:

Successfully romanced the resident ワイフ, so that worked out well enough and one more achievement down, and I told Camellia to go stuff herself in a box, although I don't think she'd going to do that.  Greybor's quest bugged out and it finished without the prelude to the final part, which was pretty strange.

Yeah, no, I don't think any Hellfire Ray spamming Witch wants to go with Aeon.

I can't remember what Aeon gets tbh. Mechanically Azata > Devil would have been powerful, but iirc Zippy Magic got fixed so the Devil unlimited HFRs wouldn't be doubled. Bad news for exploits, good news for Aivu.

I didn't know there was a romance achievement. Guess that means rping as Tuxedo Kamen Mullet Trickster is next.

Aeon gets a guilt free transition to Devil and maybe the best cloak in the game. I think that's pretty good all things considered.

Also, rectify state is a godsend when you get hit by a bunch of mass icy prisons

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

8 hours ago, KP wants Blue Velvet said:

You don't like Kai Leng? He's a space ninja man. They even show you how cool he is when he DESTROYS Shepard in a cut scene. How can you not love that?

I can't remember what Aeon gets tbh. Mechanically Azata > Devil would have been powerful, but iirc Zippy Magic got fixed so the Devil unlimited HFRs wouldn't be doubled. Bad news for exploits, good news for Aivu.

I didn't know there was a romance achievement. Guess that means rping as Tuxedo Kamen Mullet Trickster is next.

I guess Kai Leng would fit quite snugly in those animes about hammy fugly dudes with objectionable fashion sense you like to watch. :yes:

Why good news for Aivu, does devil do anything to it? I've read that the Swarm gets to eat it. 🍽️ 🥰 🍴. Speaking of which, I can branch off into Swarm on my current Lich, but don't know if I want to, doubt there's anything interesting storywise happening in two shortest chapters, plus no plump juicy dragon to dine on. 

5 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Aeon gets a guilt free transition to Devil and maybe the best cloak in the game. I think that's pretty good all things considered.

Also, rectify state is a godsend when you get hit by a bunch of mass icy prisons

devil are so boring

really hope if owlcat make a le enemy heavy game it will be focus on asura or kyton

11 hours ago, KP wants Blue Velvet said:

That's fine, just go Winter, add Winter Witch levels and use Polar Ray for the big ones, spammable Hellfire Rays should be good enough even without that, assuming that fix doesn't come from a tweaks mod, although without loading dice rolls it's not going to have as much oomph... pity, that takes the entire fun out of it. Could of course use Arcane Trickster instead, but where's the fun in that, endgame feels like everything and the kitchen sink is immune to sneak damage. Sure it works, it's just not really worth playing a Devil MC for.

edit: Leyline Witch with Winter Witch should get some really crazy high caster levels for Polar Ray with the overcharge ability active. That should one-shot everything in the game that's not scripted to survive a fight.

11 hours ago, KP wants Blue Velvet said:

LUAO6fR.png

Don't necessarily need to play the moonlight romance with Aru, could always just love Cammy the crazy pants, or perhaps Daeron, he'll probably gift you a chopped off head or two. :yes:

Edited by majestic
  • Gasp! 1

51 minutes ago, majestic said:

Don't necessarily need to play the moonlight romance with Aru, could always just love Cammy the crazy pants, or perhaps Daeron, he'll probably gift you a chopped off head or two. :yes:

He'll give you heads whether romanced or not. Also, somewhen between Chapter 3 and 4 he apparently watched "Se7en" as he started giving heads in boxes. :unsure:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bugarup said:

He'll give you heads whether romanced or not.

I was sitting here, reading this wrong for a while... but yeah, the chopped heads crop up regardless, of course. :p

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bugarup said:

I guess Kai Leng would fit quite snugly in those animes about hammy fugly dudes with objectionable fashion sense you like to watch. :yes:

alessi-jojo.gif

Kai Leng would fit snugly into everything. He's easily one of the top 10 characters in fiction, if not the best. Only Shadow the Hedgehog can compete. Kai Leng should show up in every videogame, movie, series, novel, tiktok, forum post, news story, and podcast where he deftly defeats the protagonist(s) and calls them a bitch. No need to make sense when you're a space ninja.

5 hours ago, bugarup said:

Why good news for Aivu, does devil do anything to it?

Going Azata > Devil you leave your old life behind.

2 hours ago, majestic said:

That's fine, just go Winter, add Winter Witch levels and use Polar Ray for the big ones, spammable Hellfire Rays should be good enough even without that, assuming that fix doesn't come from a tweaks mod, although without loading dice rolls it's not going to have as much oomph... pity, that takes the entire fun out of it. Could of course use Arcane Trickster instead, but where's the fun in that, endgame feels like everything and the kitchen sink is immune to sneak damage. Sure it works, it's just not really worth playing a Devil MC for.

I think the tweak mod separates spells from spell-like abilities, but it also removes the "Fire" descriptor from Hellfire Ray (this is pnp accurate), so no bloodline arcana stacking for anyone.

2 hours ago, majestic said:

I don't have to but...getting heads from Daeran sounds funny. Crazy Cammy is too edgelord for me. Wendaug is too loaded as ****ing the evil out of someone, and calling your videogame waifu a "silly little cat" is one of those things that only Owlcat could produce. I guess there's always becoming gym gods with Sosiel.

9 minutes ago, KP wants Blue Velvet said:

I don't have to but...getting heads from Daeran sounds funny. Crazy Cammy is too edgelord for me. Wendaug is too loaded as ****ing the evil out of someone, and calling your videogame waifu a "silly little cat" is one of those things that only Owlcat could produce. I guess there's always becoming gym gods with Sosiel.

The heads show up when you have him in the group anyway, that was just... some silly fun. Wenduag is really a romance option and you call her silly little cat... that's... that's... okay, I give up.