Wag More Bark Less -- Cute and Funny Animal Pics

Gorth

is worth reading the follow-up post in the twitter link as it provides context.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• 2 weeks later...

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Has someone posted this before? For some reason I can't see half the posts in this thread (maybe my noscripts).
Whatever, it's adorable/funny.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That made me think of something...they say that cats dont meow to each other, only to humans. And I think its also said that the cat is meowing because it has learned that mimicking a crying child will get our attention. Ok fine, I guess I can buy that. But what I dont get is...MY cats have never in their lives seen or heard a crying child but they meow to me all the time whenever they want attention or food. So how do my cats know how to do this? Is it a genetic memory or is everything I said above just urban legend? 

51 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

MY cats have never in their lives seen or heard a crying child but they meow to me all the time whenever they want attention or food.

Just like many animals, it's an instinctive begging food/warmth "where'd mom go" thing.

That familiar/stereotyped "hey mom, mom, mom, MOMMMM!" meow type vocal- that is kitten behavior/communication, which "we" as humans reinforce them to keep doing forever, albeit with their adult vocal tonal range.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 5
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts