Wag More Bark Less -- Cute and Funny Animal Pics

Gorth

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

We have a 7ft multi-level cat tree in the living room next to the back slider and our cats love it. They dont use the two "cat houses" on the bottom level but the scratching posts and flat lounging areas are a big hit. I think the height makes them feel superior too. :lol:

My past cats just used the set of three six foot high bookshelves, jumping/scrabbling up and then squabbling over who got which bookshelf. The one closest to the path us humans walked past all the time was the most coveted. Some would keep trying to reach out to whack hubby's head as he walked by. I am too short, they couldn't touch me. :p

Cats definitely like heights.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

*regular, small, insect eating bats* ... mostly fugly faces, at least imo.
...and then there's the large fruit bats. Where you just go AWWWWWWWWWWWW. At least when they're eating bananas.

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On 1/18/2022 at 3:12 PM, LadyCrimson said:

My past cats just used the set of three six foot high bookshelves, jumping/scrabbling up and then squabbling over who got which bookshelf. The one closest to the path us humans walked past all the time was the most coveted. Some would keep trying to reach out to whack hubby's head as he walked by. I am too short, they couldn't touch me. :p

Cats definitely like heights.

My cats completely ignore any scratchingposts, climbing stuff or anything of that sort, but they do love the leather chairs and corners of the sofa and recliner. -.-

The only time I've actually managed to get them onto the climbing tree was with catnip.

But they do love climbing up the walls of the house to my bedroom window 🤘

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

3 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

I've heard he likes younger women 😉

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

13 hours ago, Gorth said:

I've heard he likes younger women 😉

Based on the article, he isn't terribly picky and likes younger men too.  

4 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

190 years just blows my mind.

Yeah, its a vast scale to think of the events he 'lived' through (even though generally speaking he wasn't actually there, its just that's a lot of history).

I also thought it was fascinating (dunno if it was this article, or another I read on him) that the reason so many of these Tortoises were given as gifts is they were easy to keep alive and they were stackable.  the idea of a ship's hold stacked with turtles is just wild.

• Haha 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

24 minutes ago, Amentep said:

Based on the article, he isn't terribly picky and likes younger men too.  

Yeah, its a vast scale to think of the events he 'lived' through (even though generally speaking he wasn't actually there, its just that's a lot of history).

I also thought it was fascinating (dunno if it was this article, or another I read on him) that the reason so many of these Tortoises were given as gifts is they were easy to keep alive and they were stackable.  the idea of a ship's hold stacked with turtles is just wild.

They stacked them and ate them, once upon a time. They were really tasty, apparently.

• Like 2

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

On 2/3/2022 at 8:02 PM, Raithe said:

image.png.941e70ab8ca514a00774a1386e70fe5f.png

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein