The All Things Political Topic - As a Bright Lord bears Beacons of flame.

Amentep

one thing which should be kept firm in mind is that if situation had played out different and rittenhouse had been killed by armed protesters, the protesters woulda' been able to claim self defense. gotta get past notions such as who is bad guys or who were more wrong-- those concerns is irrelevant. because o' the second amendment, there is gonna be armed people at protests such as occurred in wisconsin. take a highly volatile situation where multiple people is armed, especial at night, and the chances for a defense attorney to show his client were legit afraid o' being killed or seriously injured when he shot somebody increases. like it or not, the almost presumptive capacity to claim reasonable fear 'cause o' even the possibility the deceased were armed is a contributing reason as to why cops get away with shootings. 

is not right v. wrong or good v. evil. disabuse self o' such baggage. if you got multiple armed civilians and one o' them dies in a shooting incident, unless you can show actual premeditated intent to kill, the defendant is gonna probable be able to raise self defense.  

@BruceVC

you do realize your linked codex post confirms our observations, yes? kyle were somehow legit in kenosha 'cause he were defending innocents from protesters? and nobody argued the ar-15 were an illegal weapon. kyle possessing the weapon and carrying 'cross state lines were what were illegal. the rests is not relevant to the question o' whether or not kyle were a reckless and/or derpy punk. is no good reason any teen shoulda' armed himself (illegally) with an ar-15 to go 'cross state to protect cars (really bruce?) from protesters.

that said, am not gonna fight a proxy battle for you at codex, so this ends here for us, particular as your views o' protesters is known to us and having made little headway over the past few years, am recognizing how doomed is an effort to change your pov. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps also, unless wisconsin is unique, it is worth recognizing that it is not legal to shoot somebody 'cause they is damaging some other person's property. the whole raison d'être for kyle's moronic escapade falls apart at inception and the codex response makes look worse as 'posed to better. as we said, am not following the case so arguable take weapon to protect self is different. take weapon with intent to protect property? gd might agree, but he would be wrong too.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

24 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

one thing which should be kept firm in mind is that if situation had played out different and rittenhouse had been killed by armed protesters, the protesters woulda' been able to claim self defense. gotta get past notions such as who is bad guys or who were more wrong-- those concerns is irrelevant. because o' the second amendment, there is gonna be armed people at protests such as occurred in wisconsin. take a highly volatile situation where multiple people is armed, especial at night, and the chances for a defense attorney to show his client were legit afraid o' being killed or seriously injured when he shot somebody increases. like it or not, the almost presumptive capacity to claim reasonable fear 'cause o' even the possibility the deceased were armed is a contributing reason as to why cops get away with shootings. 

is not right v. wrong or good v. evil. disabuse self o' such baggage. if you got multiple armed civilians and one o' them dies in a shooting incident, unless you can show actual premeditated intent to kill, the defendant is gonna probable be able to raise self defense.  

@BruceVC

you do realize your linked codex post confirms our observations, yes? kyle were somehow legit in kenosha 'cause he were defending innocents from protesters? and nobody argued the ar-15 were an illegal weapon. kyle possessing the weapon and carrying 'cross state lines were what were illegal. the rests is not relevant to the question o' whether or not kyle were a reckless and/or derpy punk. is no good reason any teen shoulda' armed himself (illegally) with an ar-15 to go 'cross state to protect cars (really bruce?) from protesters.

that said, am not gonna fight a proxy battle for you at codex, so this ends here for us, particular as your views o' protesters is known to us and having made little headway over the past few years, am recognizing how doomed is an effort to change your pov. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps also, unless wisconsin is unique, it is worth recognizing that it is not legal to shoot somebody 'cause they is damaging some other person's property. the whole raison d'être for kyle's moronic escapade falls apart at inception and the codex response makes look worse as 'posed to better. as we said, am not following the case so arguable take weapon to protect self is different. take weapon with intent to protect property? gd might agree, but he would be wrong too.

Thanks for the comment but I think you may be misunderstanding me 

I dont really have  an opinion on why he did what he did in the sense that he may have felt his life was threatened and acted in a certain way. But the US legal system must decide and I will respect either outcome and I dont think BLM should be shot, I have never suggested that ? I  have maintained that anyone  breaking the law in  any protest must be arrested and it still  surprises me  that you of all people on this forum dont agree with that immutable legal principle, it surprises me mostly  because my view is  about the rule and order and I have never suggested anything like killing any protestors. And I mean people looting and damaging property and not silly minor crimes like blocking streets

But here is a interesting question  for everyone following  this debate, if Kyle is found innocent and their is violent protests on the streets of kenosha what should be the appropriate response from the authorities? The national guard is apparently being deployed to deal with any violence and looting

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

could bus in teens from across the midwest and arm 'em with ar-15s to defend property from protesters. 'cause if one kyle is admirable and laudable, then isn't a legion o' heroes even better? 

wait, that would be reckless and kinda insane, no?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

50 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

But here is a interesting question  for everyone following  this debate, if Kyle is found innocent and their is violent protests on the streets of kenosha what should be the appropriate response from the authorities? The national guard is apparently being deployed to deal with any violence and looting

Im shocked and disappointed that we dont have drones that can blanket a street like a crop duster:

2018_RE_CropDuster.jpg

Like this, but drones. Would settle down "protests" in a hurry. :yes:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Im shocked and disappointed that we dont have drones that can blanket a street like a crop duster:

2018_RE_CropDuster.jpg

:lol:, you and I have discussed this before and sometimes I feel that despite my concern is misunderstood by most. For example even Gromnir suggesting that I would be fine with protestors being shot which is about what Kyle did but I have never suggested that  and the Kyle case is more about  " he acted because he felt his life was threatened " 

And I just dont know, the majority of people on Codex believe that but they all have similar views so that is a normal ideological view  and people that share that  view  have no interest in accepting that maybe he didnt and he murdered people....but then on this forum people saying  he is definitely guilty. But for me we must wait for the verdict because that would be fairest way to understand this

But going back to this verdict, the governor is deploying the national guard because they want to ensure their is no violence. It seems strange to me in a country that has court system that generally does seem to  a good system that includes  a jury  yet the governor still  needs to ensure the national guard are prepared ...its seems to me that what some protestors have decided is that unless the jury convict him they will protest and I was sure their will be looting

So whats the point of the entire case going to court if the verdict must be one decision, I would assume its easy to just tell the jury what people want and you can skip the trial 8)

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-kyle-rittenhouse-verdict-national-guard-20211115-g4nph6gjrnb3tank4aexjflrxu-story.html

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

And I just dont know, the majority of people on Codex believe that but they all have similar views so that is a normal ideological view 

I get the impression the Codex is a cesspool of villainy tbh

Which doesn't stop it from being a 'normal' ideological view, but that might not necessarily be a good thing. 

10 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

...you and I have discussed this before and sometimes I feel that despite my concern is misunderstood by most.

I wouldnt worry about this if I were you. This is the internet where everybody has a big mouth about everybody. This is an actual picture of my scrolling finger after rolling past all the dross:

Finger_15c3c5_180057.jpeg

14 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

...the governor is deploying the national guard because they want to ensure their is no violence.

This is a good idea just in case things go sideways. If so, we will just handwave the looting and rioting as "bad apples" and then stare deeply into our navels. Thats why I advocate for the use of gas drones. No muss, no fuss, nobody getting shot. Just carpet the entire length of the street in a thick cloud of pepper spray and everyone will scatter. We could have saved Billions in property damages with this simple, yet super effective, strategy.

• Hmmm 1

23 minutes ago, Chairchucker said:

Is that place the site that's like 4chan, but without anonymity, for grognards? Seems like a dumb place.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

The protesters would use their own swarm of cheap Molotov ****tail drones to ram the police drones.

• Haha 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

34 minutes ago, Sarex said:

991.gif

gygax.gif

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, KP Cross Split Attack said:

Is that place the site that's like 4chan, but without anonymity, for grognards? Seems like a dumb place.

It's not that bad, eventually you learn who to ignore - i.e. like 98% of the userbase.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just now, Malcador said:

It's not that bad, eventually you learn who to ignore - i.e. like 98% of the userbase.

I guess, though it seems like if I wanted that experience I'd just go to /v/.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KP Cross Split Attack said:

I guess, though it seems like if I wanted that experience I'd just go to /v/.

Probably have better a hot chicks thread there too.

• Sad 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Probably have better a hot chicks thread there too.

If you're into 2d.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KP Cross Split Attack said:

If you're into 2d.

It's how I like all my women.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

You don't know what you are missing.

jpg

cFY6iqg.gif

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

55 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

"I am active an  Codex"

while am no fan o' the deluge o' immature edgelords trying to win at misogyny and antisemitism, 'cause that is a thing at codex, our approval o' the post is limited to the inclusion o' cary grant in your post.

HA! Good Fun!

6 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

I wouldnt worry about this if I were you. This is the internet where everybody has a big mouth about everybody. This is an actual picture of my scrolling finger after rolling past all the dross:

Finger_15c3c5_180057.jpeg

This is a good idea just in case things go sideways. If so, we will just handwave the looting and rioting as "bad apples" and then stare deeply into our navels. Thats why I advocate for the use of gas drones. No muss, no fuss, nobody getting shot. Just carpet the entire length of the street in a thick cloud of pepper spray and everyone will scatter. We could have saved Billions in property damages with this simple, yet super effective, strategy.

I thought you were joking at first because I assumed people would raise the " human rights " issue with drones but you raise an interesting approach that could be used to neutralize the crowd and I doubt  its illegal

One issue is that the drone approach is effective at almost the entire group of protestors but BLM looting is  more individuals being involved or 2-3 people in different places and its not in one place and many  people aren't looting but merely protesting, So if the drone was used it would target people who are not involved in looting with pepper spray? And I dont know if this would be considered a human rights issue, I dont think it would be an issue but you  have to consider how the left would respond and sometimes they raise something that is seen as an overreaction and an example of Police brutality. All the protests the Police are put under considerable to be seen as draconian 

If you ask any of the normal, liberal forum members like @Pidesco, @Hurlshot , @Gorth or Shady would they personally support drone usage but only for pepper spray that is typically  a good way to confirm it being realistically used?

But what can  happen to stop violent protests has been successfully implemented in Kentucky and its very  effective and achieves the result of protestors not looting for days. In summary the police immediately and effectively arrest  anyone committing crime and my approach would not be to charge everyone,  some of the criminal acts women are involved, who dont need criminal record but if men are involved I  think an example needs to be made?   

And the entire protests  loses emphasis and the levels of violence is vastly reduced because you normally end up arresting  the ringleaders or people calm down....and I think I am talking about 100 people. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/87-arrested-outside-kentucky-ags-house-during-breonna-taylor-protest/

So with this strategy it allows all protestors to understand the consequence of criminality and  often people seem more restrained which is a good thing 

6 hours ago, Chairchucker said:

Which doesn't stop it from being a 'normal' ideological view, but that might not necessarily be a good thing. 

John Milton 

1 hour ago, majestic said:

34167786.jpg

Rhodesians never die.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Rhodesians never die.

They will.