nfl 2021-2022

Gromnir

6 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

2 of the last 3 weeks our offense has been worthless, and the 1 week we lit the other team up was against a team that isn't even trying any more and wasn't any good to begin with. I'm at a concern level of 6/10. :(

Do you at least have the excuse of half your team being dead? Packers are missing so many starters...LT #1, LG #1, C #1, RB #1, WR #3, EDGE #1, EDGE #2, EDGE #4, CB #1...feels so much like we're going to just cruise to a #2/#3 seed and then get blown out at some point during the playoffs because the number of injuries we've had is simply unsustainable.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

12 hours ago, Keyrock said:

2 of the last 3 weeks our offense has been worthless, and the 1 week we lit the other team up was against a team that isn't even trying any more and wasn't any good to begin with. I'm at a concern level of 6/10. :(

Tell us what you really think about the Falcons, lol.

Oh and they got whacked by the Patriots this week too.  So much for that "are they actually better than we think?" moment a three weeks ago.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Aaron Rodgers: I have a fractured toe.
The internet: COVID TOE, COVID TOE, COVID TOE!
Aaron Rodgers:

Spoiler

FE--wofWQBISF59?format=jpg&name=large

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Aaron Rodgers: I have a fractured toe.
Aaron Rodgers:

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe Amari Cooper has been hanging out with your boy Rodgers. :banghead:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

4 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Aaron Rodgers: I have covid toe.
Aaron Rodgers:

Hide contents

i have a fractured toe. see?

fixed.

am thinking rodgers should do everything in his power to never say "covid." ever. 

aside: having had a significant turf toe injury, am able to say it were more painful than broken toes we have had, which were all hairline kinda things. is a number o' pro football players who had to retire 'cause o' their turf toe never healing quite right and causing functional insurmountable pain which limited their performance. not just pansy wrs neither. 'course am expecting many breaks woulda been more painful than the turf toe injury we suffered. have had any number o' sprains worse than breaks and the sprains took longer to heal as well. is nothing special 'bout being broken which makes inherent more painful than turf toe. as such is perhaps more evidence you should not take medical advice from rogan or rodgers. 

but again, rodgers should develop enough common sense to avoid the covid issue even if he thinks he is being funny.

HA! Good Fun!

ps broke our hand in multiple places playing basketball for chrissakes. got karate chopped. took us a day and a half before we went to the doctor at which point they expressed some surprise at our seeming indifference. *chuckle* gonna admit we got a bit light-headed when we saw the x-ray. am glad we were sitting down at the time 'cause the shock o' the x-ray (which looked dramatic) had the world kinda tilt on its side for a moment.

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

RIP #1 seed dreams for the Cowboys.

On 11/26/2021 at 10:24 AM, Hurlsnot said:

I knew Aaron Rodgers was a bit of an odd duck. I'm definitely team Olivia Munn. But he's gone straight up internet troll in the last year. 

All of his girlfriends, past and present AFAIK, have been absolute quacks. There's a reason he associates with them.

On 11/24/2021 at 7:40 PM, Gromnir said:

am thinking rodgers should do everything in his power to never say "covid." ever. 

Yeah, he's a dummy, and he's just the type to keep poking the bear and then be like "y garbage media say bad headlines about me???".

Packers now hold the tiebreakers for the rest of the season against the Cardinals, Buccaneers, and Rams (...as well as a resurgent 49ers, if they're able to rattle off a few wins against their divisional opponents)...but not the Cowboys. But the Cowboys are currently 1.5 games behind and seem too inconsistent to likely pose a challenge for the top seed, so what really matters is that the Packers finish with record tied for the best in the conference. We have vs. Bears, @Ravens, vs. Browns, vs. Vikings, @Lions to finish the season. I like the odds to finish at 13-4. However, the Cardinals only have 2 losses and have @Bears, vs. Rams, @Lions, vs. Colts, @Cowboys, and vs. Seahawks to finish the season, and I'd say it's about equally likely they finish at either 14-3 or 13-4, probably more likely the latter assuming Kyler Murray returns next week.

I have no clue who is going to win MVP. I genuinely don't think anybody really stands out this year. I think the closest right now are Brady, Rodgers, and Murray. Murray has been out too many weeks, but maybe with the lack of strong competition, he still has a chance if he gets back and continues to play great. Brady has kind of great numbers but too many dad-gummed turnovers and some head-scratching plays that have lead directly to bad losses. Rodgers won last year (which usually depresses any possible campaign for a repeat unless they're head and shoulders above the competition) and while his numbers and efficiency are good, they would not normally even be a Second Team All-Pro kind of year most years over the last decade...but this does not appear to be most years, because he's been the most efficient QB this year outside of Murray. I really don't know how this is going to end - kind of weak cases all around.

@Amentep Your Falcons are still tied for the 7th seed with the Vikings...:p Weird year for the NFC and AFC, which have the opposite problems these two conferences usually have. NFC for the past 15-20 years or so have been a dogfight with lots of instability and lack of consistent top seeds (Packers and Seahawks have been the closest thing to "stability" over that time, I think, but they've by no means dominated their divisions like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Patrick Mahomes generally have in the AFC), while the AFC was always very top-heavy with the same teams competing for the top seeds. This year, it's been the opposite with just a very few teams vying for the crown in the NFC while the top seeded team in the AFC has changed more times than I could count and it could go to just about anyone. With the Titans losing to the Patriots, Ravens are now at the top of the AFC, and Patriots are #2 right now!

Edited by Bartimaeus

1 minute ago, ShadySands said:

I think that after this season I'm probably done with football for a long while. Maybe for good.

What's been the final straw for you? I haven't really been feeling it myself as of late, but probably more related to Rodgers being an antivax moron than anything else.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

So the Packers have been my team since I was a kid and this new Rodgers thing hit pretty hard but honestly it's been building for a while. Every year I'm finding less and less to bring me back.

For some reason, I don't ever remember you mentioning being a Packers fan. Yeah...between Rodgers breathing in his own fumes too much, the refereeing issue that the NFL appears to just want to get worse, the stupid schedule and playoff changes, the absurd commercial time, and probably other issues I can't think off the top of my head...it's not a good product. I deliberately pirate almost all of my NFL games these days in order to not support the NFL at this point, even though I have access to local Fox, CBS, and NBC channels so I could watch them legitimately...but I pretty much only watch Packers games at this point, and heck, I didn't even watch today's game at all.

I've always maintained that I am a player-first guy. I'm not fanatically loyal to the team above else, I recognize that each player is his own person with different desires and ambitions and struggles and... But for that same reason, when I'm no longer connecting with the players, I'm not connecting with the team as much either, :shrugz:.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

@Amentep Your Falcons are still tied for the 7th seed with the Vikings...:p 

It's a weird feeling knowing your terrible team has a shot at the playoffs. I guess it's better than being eliminated...

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

2 hours ago, Amentep said:

It's a weird feeling knowing your terrible team has a shot at the playoffs. I guess it's better than being eliminated...

Giants won the 2011 Super Bowl with a 9-7 record and a negative point differential... It was always my hope that some garbage 7-9 team would fall backwards into the playoffs and win the Super Bowl, but I guess I'll have to settle for 8-9.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Haha 1

Well, muh Boys won, so that's good. I don't feel good about our offense, though. We're just not running the ball. I'm not expecting a 1:1 pass to run ratio, nobody has done that in over a decade, but when we were kicking ass earlier in the year we had about as balanced an attack as anyone these days. We had more than double the amount of passes than runs in last night's win and this has been a trend lately. Even in the 4th quarter when we were up by 10 we were still airing it out and barely running. Just pound the ball and run the clock out, what are we doing? We got away with it because Taysom Hill kept throwing picks.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On 12/3/2021 at 10:02 AM, Keyrock said:

Well, muh Boys won, so that's good. I don't feel good about our offense, though. We're just not running the ball. I'm not expecting a 1:1 pass to run ratio, nobody has done that in over a decade, but when we were kicking ass earlier in the year we had about as balanced an attack as anyone these days. We had more than double the amount of passes than runs in last night's win and this has been a trend lately. Even in the 4th quarter when we were up by 10 we were still airing it out and barely running. Just pound the ball and run the clock out, what are we doing? We got away with it because Taysom Hill kept throwing picks.

Cowboys seem awfully like a good-ish team that will get pretty easily dropped out of the playoffs in either the first or second round, depending on whom they get to play in the first round. If they get to play the 7th seed, they probably make it to the second round, but I wouldn't feel comfortable making any optimistic predictions for them beyond that.

Several days ago our coach, and @Bartimaeus 's favorite ex-cheesehead, Mike McCarthy publicly guaranteed a victory today @ Washington. Some of the so-called "experts" made a big deal out of this. "Big mistake by Mike McCarty firing up a 'red hot' (their words, not mine 🤣) Washington Football Team," they said. My reaction was "we don't deserve to go to the playoffs if we can't beat the absolute dog**** out of the Redskins in their house."

*smash cut to muh Boys beating the absolute dog**** out of the Redskins in their house*

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

He didn't even guarantee a win over them, he just said they were going to beat them. I guess that sounds similar on the surface, but it's really not - I listened to him say it and it was just standard coach speak. It was a pretty stupid controversy.

Muh Boys are now 10-4. I'm not completely sure if we've mathematically won the division yet, but neither the Iggles nor the Skins are getting to 10 wins and the Giants flat out can't. The division is ours and the #1 seed is all but out of the question, making our remaining 3 games meaningless. Time to start resting any banged up players. 

• Hmmm 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

Muh Boys are now 10-4. I'm not completely sure if we've mathematically won the division yet, but neither the Iggles nor the Skins are getting to 10 wins and the Giants flat out can't. The division is ours and the #1 seed is all but out of the question, making our remaining 3 games meaningless. Time to start resting any banged up players. 

IIRC, two of your losses are to the AFC, so if the Packers and Buccaneers dropped one more game while you guys ran the table, you'd be the #1 seed, AFAIK. But I would guess that the Buccaneers finish with 3 losses.

Edited by Bartimaeus

9 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

IIRC, two of your losses are to the AFC, so if the Packers and Buccaneers dropped one more game while you guys ran the table, you'd be the #1 seed, AFAIK. But I would guess that the Buccaneers finish with 3 losses.

Yeah, we can still get the #1 seed mathematically, but realistically it ain't gonna happen. Seeds #2 thru #4 are effectively identical, not different enough to make it worth tryharding for the #2 seed if you have banged up players, which is every NFL team at this point of the season.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸