What You've Done Today - As the World Turns

Amentep

Team Pfizer in the house. Don't @ me if you're one of those Johnson & Johnson boys.

I was literally offered three appointments for today, one for each. Initially offered Moderna through work, but that whole thing got cancelled. So I picked up one from the county for the same day. Then work got back to me for the J&J. I'm pretty happy with what I hear about Pfizer, though.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I expect to be offered a vaccine in May, maybe, all thiings considered it'll probably end up being in June. And I doubt I'll get a smorgasbord of choices like that. :(

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

We were supposed to be part of the second phase as critical infrastructure (i.e. people to innoculate after the 80+ high risk group and employees of health services and doctors), but like everything, our dear little Dollfuß messed that up hard. *shrug*

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Getting the vaccine slowly here, I think I'll get vaccinated sometime in September. Means I get to be the one to go outside for everything for the family (all are pretty high risk).

expendable1.png

Huh, never noticed the typo there in all the times watching this movie.

Edited by Malcador
  • Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I’ll get mine close to the end. Once everybody else has. I am minimal risk. I was avoiding contact with the other humans before it was even cool to do so!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

29 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Im not even trying to get the vaccine. I suppose Ill get it if/when my job makes me, or they come to my house to shoot me up. :lol:

Can you share why you not keen to take the vaccine,  I cant wait for mine but in SA its months away. I desperately want to socialize again, I miss meeting random strangers in bars and eating in any restaurant I want. I also need it for my work and the ability to see customers and go onsite 

So for me it cant come sooner but I am not sure how this lockdown has impacted your life ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, BruceVC said:

Can you share why you not keen to take the vaccine,  I cant wait for mine but in SA its months away. I desperately want to socialize again, I miss meeting random strangers in bars and eating in any restaurant I want. I also need it for my work and the ability to see customers and go onsite 

So for me it cant come sooner but I am not sure how this lockdown has impacted your life ?

Quantities are limited and even now there are people who need it more than I do. It’s not that I don’t want to get it I certainly am going to do that. I’m not one of those crazy anti-vaccine types. It’s just I’ve left my home four times this year. And once was to go on a vacation. I don’t get out much. And when I do my interaction with other people is minimal so my risk is minimal. Let the people with greater exposure go ahead of me. Once the state estimates were at 90% then I’ll ask for one.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

29 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

I’ll get mine close to the end. Once everybody else has. I am minimal risk. I was avoiding contact with the other humans before it was even cool to do so!

GD you must be missing something that fits some gregarious objective ....what about all those amazing Tennessee strip clubs you have been denying yourself ...you must be missing those :-

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Guard Dog said:

Quantities are limited and even now there are people who need it more than I do. It’s not that I don’t want to get it I certainly am going to do that. I’m not one of those crazy anti-vaccine types. It’s just I’ve left my home four times this year. And once was to go on a vacation. I don’t get out much. And when I do my interaction with other people is minimal so my risk is minimal. Let the people with greater exposure go ahead of me. Once the state estimates were at 90% then I’ll ask for one.

Your story is not unique which is why I asked Gfted1, some people dont need to interact with other people so their would be less urgency. I understand that ..I wish in some ways I was in your boat 

John Milton 

3 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

GD you must be missing something that fits some gregarious objective ....what about all those amazing Tennessee strip clubs you have been denying yourself ...you must be missing those :-

LOL The last strip club I was in was in Oceanside California. Really trashy place don’t remember the name. Most of the girls there would be best described as “rode hard and put away wet“. One even had a knife wound scar. Anyway i into the head to take a leak and there was a dude jerking off into the urinal. When I walked in he turned around and looked at me and went right back to his business. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got plenty of friends in low places but even I had standards after that one!

• Haha 1

Thomas Sowell

15 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

LOL The last strip club I was in was in Oceanside California. Really trashy place don’t remember the name. Most of the girls there would be best described as “rode hard and put away wet“. One even had a knife wound scar. Anyway i into the head to take a leak and there was a dude jerking off into the urinal. When I walked in he turned around and looked at me and went right back to his business. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got plenty of friends in low places but even I had standards after that one!

:lol:, okay you win....that story is enough to put most people off going to a strip club

Imagine you sitting at the bar having a drink and that guy comes up to you and wants to chat ....:lol:

John Milton 

2 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

:lol:, okay you win....that story is enough to put most people off going to a strip club

Imagine you sitting at the bar having a drink and that guy comes up to you and wants to chat ....:lol:

LOL! That would’ve weirded me right out the door!

i’ll tell you what though, I’ll bet you a dollar I’m not the only poster on this board that’s ever been in that joint in particular. I will bet you shady or manifested or both have been there.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I have not but I did go to one near  Camp Lejeune. Once. Since Jacksonville, NC is more isolated the dancers are mostly military wives and ex-wives or in the process of becoming one of the two. I've only been to strip clubs three times in my life and none were my idea. It's just not my scene.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

33 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Honestly, Im just not that worried about it. :shrugz: Except for friends and family, the only time Im interacting with the unwashed masses is when Im at the grocery store, and I wear a mask for that.

Also, what about side effects? What if you grow an additional testicle? On one hand it would be cool if it grew in down by the other three, but what if it grows in under your chin like a turkey gobbler? :lol: I kid, I kid. Side effects should hopefully be obvious by the time I take it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

LOL! That would’ve weirded me right out the door!

i’ll tell you what though, I’ll bet you a dollar I’m not the only poster on this board that’s ever been in that joint in particular. I will bet you shady or manifested or both have been there.

But on a serious note the strip clubs I sometimes frequent have rules and standards. Any guy doing what you witnessed in the toilet would be thrown out the club by the bouncers immediately

And I promise you they enforce their own rules including making it a big no no for any unwarranted touching of the girls unless they fine  with it

John Milton 

6 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

...is when Im at the grocery store, and I wear a mask for that.

Somebody need to kill that urban legend some day... the mask is not to protect you from other people, it's to protect other people from you (in the case you unknowingly picks up the virus). It only really works if everybody wears a mask ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Honestly, Im just not that worried about it. :shrugz: Except for friends and family, the only time Im interacting with the unwashed masses is when Im at the grocery store, and I wear a mask for that.

Also, what about side effects? What if you grow an additional testicle? On one hand it would be cool if it grew in down by the other three, but what if it grows in under your chin like a turkey gobbler? :lol: I kid, I kid. Side effects should hopefully be obvious by the time I take it.

Exactly what I assumed, like GD you in the fortunate position to not need it now for any immediate  reason

But what about your teenage daughter. Does she go out because the real unintentional risk is she would go out, as is normal for teenagers,  and she gets the virus but like most young people she will be asymptomatic and show no symptoms. She comes home and potentially exposes you and your wife to the virus?

So taking the vaccine ASAP would mitigate  this risk ?

John Milton 

2 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Somebody need to kill that urban legend some day... the mask is not to protect you from other people, it's to protect other people from you (in the case you unknowingly picks up the virus). It only really works if everybody wears a mask ;)

Yes that is true but Gfted1 is still at low risk of general exposure and most shops do adhere to general virus rules, I hope, and insist on degrees of social distancing 

John Milton 

14 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

But on a serious note the strip clubs I sometimes frequent have rules and standards. Any guy doing what you witnessed in the toilet would be thrown out the club by the bouncers immediately

And I promise you they enforce their own rules including making it a big no no for any unwarranted touching of the girls unless they fine  with it

This was in 1990 Bruce. 31 years ago. And like I said this was about the one of the seediest strip clubs in a town and had a lot of seedy strip clubs.

• Thanks 1

Thomas Sowell

5 minutes ago, Gorth said:

I know, but thats the only tool currently in my toolbox. And what if someone coughs in my open mouth while Im yawning?

11 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Exactly what I assumed, like GD you in the fortunate position to not need it now for any immediate  reason

But what about your teenage daughter. Does she go out because the real unintentional risk is she would go out, as is normal for teenagers,  and she gets the virus but like most young people she will be asymptomatic and show no symptoms. She comes home and potentially exposes you and your wife to the virus?

So taking the vaccine ASAP would mitigate  this risk ?

My child is no longer a teen and recently bought and moved into their own place, which I know will utterly destroy the "life is too hard" narrative of some of our posters (luckily my family has strong bootstraps). But she is very conscientious...about wearing a mask. Besides, were not even old enough / high risk to get on the list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

I know, but thats the only tool currently in my toolbox. And what if someone coughs in my open mouth while Im yawning?

:lol::lol:

Come on Gorthfuscious that is funny....its okay to laugh :lol:

John Milton 

My child is no longer a teen and recently bought and moved into their own place, which I know will utterly destroy the "life is too hard" narrative of some of our posters (luckily my family has strong bootstraps). But she is very conscientious...about wearing a mask. Besides, were not even old enough / high risk to get on the list.

Nice one on your daughters journey, I have always believed we not defined by our background and you can always progress in life with correct choices and of course as much help as your parents can reasonably provide

I cant believe she has moved our of your house, time flies. I remember when you use to tell us about refusing to let your daughter go out in a skirt that was too short :grin:

John Milton 

19 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

I got the Pfizer shot last week and have another appointment in a couple weeks. I go back to work at the end of the month and see students April 5th. Life is starting to get busy again.

Https://news.yahoo.com/denmark-suspends-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-114438383.html

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton