Music: Sharing and Listening

Amentep

Digital Underground was great. They were sort of a spiritual successor to P Funk.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Some old Rammstein. I tried to find a decent video of the concert, but the only visuals I could find was from a Russian poster and playing back on youtube in fast, fast forward. I.e. uselsess.

edit: Studio version. I just happen to like Rammsteins live performances better ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

I still always think of this when it comes to Jason Statham

My reply has nothing to do with movies, so I'm replying in the music thread. That cheesy as **** video reminded me of one of my favorite pieces of cheesy 90s electronica:

I'll give Tokyo Go the edge in musical quality. I can't handle happy hardcore in large quantities, but it can be fun in small doses. Comin' On gets the edge in visual cheesiness, I mean that video is GLORIOUS.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Tim Minchin covering some very important subjects... feminism, poverty, the environment and boobs!

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

There's two versions of this song played at points in the series.  This is the male singer version, which is played at the climax/end of the series and which I prefer. If you're curious, female version is here:*  Anyway, I find it beautiful/haunting/melodic. Hasn't been long but I think it's already time to rewatch it. 

..they're sung in English but if you have a hard time understanding all the words/care about such, the brief lyrics:

Spoiler

Sorrow in the dark
In my heart in my soul to see

Look at me in my fear
I wait for death
Please save me from here
Far away
Please take my hand
Closer way

Somewhere how far away
I wait for death
Please take my hand
Somewhere how far away
I wait for death
Please take my hand

Sorrow in the dark
In my heart in my soul to see

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm always intrigued by attractive concept art, and then the song immediately is on the attack. Not cool! :(

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

From Lindemann's solo project (he's also the lead singer of Rammstein): Blut ("Blood"))

Edit: Rather than double posting... for those who appreciate some awesome piano skills!

This thread needs more Rammstein... 🤘

• Like 2

They released an English version of this song titled "Minus Zero" and I could never figure out why they didn't go with "Less Than Zero" which is a literal translation of the original Polish title and fits perfectly phonetically. :shrugz:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Had a fun discussion with a friend today, regarding yesterday's Eurovision Song Contest finale. He never watches it, while I do. Every year, for as long as I can remember (except for last year, obviously). He doesn't get it, most of the acts are usually bad, it's by far and large ridiculous and a waste of time, with it taking up the entire Saturday night. He's not wrong. In addition to that, my own tastes in music are severely limited to a very specific set of music styles and genres, for various reasons, the most significant of which is actual physical discomfort caused by certain types of music, however that's mostly related to vocalists.

Yet, it's a once in a year fun way to step out of my comfort zone, and every now and then something remarkable shows up. Like 2009's Urban Symphony (not using the offical ESC channel, I think that one's region locked to EBU member countries):

I'm not sure where else I would be able to stumble upon some Estonian electropop/classic crossover folk music, even if Urban Symphony was short lived and Sandra Nurmsalu stopped performing after giving birth to a daugther in 2010.

And of course every now and then there's something utterly ridiculous that's just fun.

Sometimes the ridiculous act even wins...

Sometimes it works against the artists to have to sing live, but the message wins regardless... like in 1998, when Israel sent Dana International in spite of protest by orthodox Jews:

Yeah, that sounds much better on the single:

You go girl. Hard to imagine that it's been 23 years. Yikes, time flies.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Hey don't diss Verka, that video is like Eurovision concentrated. I used to send it to clueless souls on other continents who'd ask just what tf is this Eurovision thing with saying "Watch this and you've seen all of Eurovision". 

Speaking of Ukraine, they're my favourites of this year. Way better than Led Zeppelin's homeopathic solution in Rammstein's drag that won. :down:

And here be my all time Euro bestest best song. The lyrics really speaks to me. :wub:

• Haha 1