Funny Stuff: Return of the Funny

Amentep

nee7tmtu5qu51.jpg

• Haha 6

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

2 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

Don't vote for the wealthy? Was the point of this meme to encourage people to not vote?

Eh, I'm taking it more as a humorous swipe from the Texans against "Yankee Swindlers" thing rather than a "wealthy" aspect...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I might've spent way too much time in the Cyberpunk reddit

c8k84noa7av51.jpg

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

ElMxlqPX0Asp82A?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Gasp! 2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

61v0o2z6tiv51.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

-Teknoman2-

A silly that amused me - in the middle of story, a group are trying to track down an elite hacker, only to fail. When they look at the map showing all the various ip addresses and routers they were following to locate them, they realise when the map is zoomed out, the glowing dots of false locations spell out "Get Lost."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

1 hour ago, Hurlshot said:

This seems kind of like a flimsy way of explaining our existence. Dust may do all sorts of crazy things in an explosion, but it doesn't really change the nature of the dust. :geek:

"What can change the nature of a dust mote?" - Ravel Puzzlewell, first draft of PST.

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man