Politics XXXVI (will catch up to superbowls soon)

Amentep

"Policy always come down from the top, if they don't feel safe giving their opinion on something is likely because they're not allowed to give their opinion on something"

Ireevant spamming response by you. His example had NOTHING to do with 'the top' but  one cop who could not handle his job so he murdered someone who had the AUDACITY to call the cops for help. LMAO

What an evil woman - asking the police to do their job. VILE. She got off easy. :rollseyes:

But, yeah, go ahead and blame 'the top' for that cop's actions. 😛

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Those who have been following the "shut down crisis" know Governors Newsome in CA and Whitmer in MI have gone a bit power mad. The barber who defied Whitmer had his business license revoked at Whitmer's personal order. As far as anyone knows that is the first time since George Wallace of Alabama personally revoking a business license. The Democrats are quickly become the American version of the Jacobins. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Seriously, Kalifornia should be sued for harassment, intimidation, bullying, etc.  He keeps winning court cases yet they keep attacking him. Sue Kalfironia for a billion dollars and push it to the Supreme Court.

7 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Those who have been following the "shut down crisis" know Governors Newsome in CA and Whitmer in MI have gone a bit power mad. The barber who defied Whitmer had his business license revoked at Whitmer's personal order. As far as anyone knows that is the first time since George Wallace of Alabama personally revoking a business license. The Democrats are quickly become the American version of the Jacobins. 

Apparently Northern Michigan may open up - https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/2020/05/18/heres-what-michigan-gov-gretchen-whitmer-is-reopening-in-the-state-this-week-and-where/

Looks like the situation's easing up there.  Heh, did get a laugh at the Georgia government trying to be cute - https://www.businessinsider.com/graph-shows-georgia-bungling-coronavirus-data-2020-5

"\On the horizontal x-axis, the graph began on April 28, went back in time to April 27, then jumped two days ahead to April 29. This date-hopping continued along the x-axis.

What's more, the colored bars — with each color representing a county — were arranged in different orders for each date."

:lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

9 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

I am in California and I'm not sure where the power mad examples are. For the most part, cities and counties are making their own decisions with guidance from the State. In fact the whole kerfuffle with Elon Musk over Tesla was that the county and city were dragging their feet behind what the state was doing. The governor eased restrictions on May 4th, but not all counties followed suit. Santa Clara County just went into phase 2 today, which is where I live. 

Honestly it's been fairly smooth. Our grocery stores are well stocked and people have been out on the trails enjoying nature. Small businesses are doing takeout all over town. Is there a couple yahoos yelling about freedom on street corners because they are supposed to wear masks in stores and can't get a haircut? Sure.

edit: Of course, we knew all along there are only two outcomes here. You don't do enough and a bunch of people die, or you flatten the curve and people whine about losing their rights. There is no middle ground. Anyways, we aren't exactly out of the woods yet. 

Edited by Hurlshot

https://www.rt.com/russia/489076-russian-citizenship-foreigners-grow/

Extremely temping at this point.  I don't really see much hope for this foul genocidal ultra-expansionist landmass unless we get a regime change (preceded by another Civil War with millions dead).

I'm wondering if Conservatives felt this way at this point in Obama's reign,  I never cared for Obama but they seemed extremely distraught during his Presidency for what I perceived as bizarre and weird reasons.  Obama always just struck me as a do-nothing clown common amongst any politician who runs in either party so perhaps I can take solace in the fact that Trump is probably the Republican version of that.

Still, it's alarming how many people here are being infected by his vitriolic stupidity.  People watching Fox News and reading Breitbart and taking it as Gospel, therein is the danger here.  As rhetoric becomes more toxic (even if policy more or less remains the same), it's just aggregating the polarization and causing more distress and we all know where that can lead.

Good luck with the language.  Get some AKs while you're there.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Malcom X crying about someone wanting power. Did he look in the mirror ever? No Martin Luther King . That is for sure. One of the biggest racists the US has ever seen.

Edited by Volourn

3 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

Maybe a better option for someone who doesn't particularly want to go through rigorous cultural retransformation.

And Quebec is on your list of places ?!

"He's right on that particular issue though, @Volourn"

Even racists can be right. A  racist might use the fact that most school shooters are white or a racist might use the fact that blacks commit the most crimes compared to their actual % of the population. Both are facts but both can be stated by racists or even non racists.

Facts are facts. 

P.S. Quebec is one of the most racist evil countries in the world. Avoid at all costs.

Does anyone really believe this ship can be turned around though?

Even if it could, we'll never be as powerful as we once were, imo.

Real Edit: It would require a whole new consciousness and a reconstructed perception on how we see the world, and I see very little evidence that Americans are willing to take that challenge at this moment in time.

Edited by ComradeMaster

15 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

Haha very funny. ;)

Very inaccurate definition of what a liberal stands for , it just demeans the whole discussion to something about race only when in fact being a liberal means many more things

I have no issue with being called a liberal :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Very inaccurate definition of what a liberal stands for , it just demeans the whole discussion to something about race only when in fact being a liberal means many more things

I have no issue with being called a liberal :thumbsup:

From what I gather that current definition of liberal is economic far right but socially far left, and I take issue with both because it leads to a corporate superstructure that encourages trickle down degeneracy.

I'd call myself economic left but socially moderate, but there's no political capital for that here in the U.S. currently.

Justin Amash is not running now.  Don't know who I'm going to vote for. But I do know who I'm NOT going to vote for. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The Libertarian Party should just say **** it and run Joe Exotic or the guy who did a striptease on stage.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands