Coronavirus : Country readiness

BruceVC

42 minutes ago, Skazz said:

I feel insulted.

why? sure, insult may have been directed at you (and others), but you need always consider sources, yes? am personal reassured when we see who it is who most frequent insults Gromnir. reddit cellar dwellers and conspiracy theory nutters. misogynistic and racist dopplegangers? insults from such quarters is reassuring rather than discouraging.

hoarding tp and meat at start o' what is gonna be a +12 month situation is asinine and only serves to force those most vulnerable to leave their homes more frequent, 'gainst dr. advice, to acquire their basic needs. there is no food shortage or paper product shortage at this time. supply chains is temp overrun by the monolithic stoopid hoarding instincts o' too many. yeah, try and keep self supplied with basics and buy more than normal 'cause you wanna minimize trips to stores anyway, but the hoarding is so comical stoopid at this point.

pretending as if only a select few has ever needed take care o' family as excuse for selfishness and ignorance is arguable sociopathic. 

etc.

*shrug*

me and mine.

conspiracy.

crippling polarization.

regardless, always consider sources, 'cause insults may be compliments in disguise.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Ohh it's about hoarding. 

One thing though. Isn't it better to stock up instead of shopping when everyone is infected ?

Food production is not super labor costly, it's prioritised, if necessary purchases will be rationed. I know everyone says don't hoard, but a stash to get you through if you get infected, so you don't have to leave your home ?

I mean, really. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I have seen people walking out the supermarket with like 10 20-kg bags and 40 1-liter-cans of dogfood, 20 whole chicken, a cart completey full of toilet paper, 20 kg of rice and pasta, litres of sanitizer (would be enough to supply a whole block for months) and more...

Buying a little more to mimize the trips - that's what I do every time I drive there, Corvid-19 or not: I'll have one big cart full of stuff for my family (of 5) and it will last two weeks or so. Fresh stuff I will buy elsewhere.

But those people are just idiots. Where do they put all the chicken? Did they buy an extra freezer? Where do they store the toilet paper? Did they extend the house? It's wild...  

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

repeat

"yeah, try and keep self supplied with basics and buy more than normal 'cause you wanna minimize trips to stores anyway, but the hoarding is so comical stoopid at this point."

is only our most frequent post comment. can go back and see multiple instances where am suggesting is a good idea to stock up on basic needs. 

stores is not repeated stripped clean o' frozen vegetables, rice and toilet paper (to name but a few items) 'cause folks is buying enough to avoid going shopping more frequent than once every 2-3 weeks. need only read posts from a few resident boardie chuckleheads to see behaviours much different than simple a minimization o' near future shopping trips as explanation for their sudden altered grocery purchases.

is always a point at which reasonable behaviour, taken to an extreme, becomes unreasonable. fact it is impossible to pinpoint the exact point where reasonable becomes stoopid and selfish does not change recognition that more than a few, in the name o' me and mine, have crossed beyond any arguable fuzzy border and is fully wallowing in the unreasonable and harmful range o' the spectrum.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Mmmmm, your qq sustains and amuses me for yet another day 🤡. It must be hard to post from the fetal position. Do you prop your laptop on its side so you can still type? Or perhaps use mirrors? Or speech to text software! 

Anywho, I caught wind that there might be rice at the local Jewel so Im going to swing by after my "work from home" shift is over.

3 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

R00fles! So much butthurt in the air, but youre damn skippy Im preparing for the worst and idgaf what any 🤡 thinks. I honestly dont understand the qq-ing round here. On one hand Im incapable of respecting a person that doesnt prioritize themselves and their families, but on the other hand, I have to understand the perspective of those people. If theyve never had a mate, or children, no family, or even rl social friends, etc... then theyre simply not capable of understanding. Loser always gonna be loser. :shrugz:

So... you're saying that social behavior is for losers? And egoistic behaviour is for winners?

Edited by Boeroer

1 minute ago, Hurlshot said:

I think the isolation is getting to Gfted. Cabin fever!

Why? I see no change in outlook, writing style or behaviour here. He's pretty consistent. :)

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Image result for birds fight over worms meme

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

5 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

So... you're saying that social behavior is for losers? And egoistic before is for winners?

Based on your other posts, Im not at all surprised that you have reached that conclusion. :lol: What I am saying is that there are people in this forum that have never developed the understanding of prioritizing your family over everyone else. But I try to understand that position because they have gone their entire lives without anybody in their life, and thus have no frame of reference. It must be a cold bucket of water to the face to wake up every day knowing you've never had a mate, children or friends all because nobody can stand you. ;( 

15 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

I have not read much from him besides in the PoE and Deadfire subforum - but this is wild. 

I think he should give himself a warning point... ;)

He's previously stated that he's okay with murder as long as it's not someone he cares about. He's not exactly known to be high on the empathy scale.

My friend at the MN hospital just said they were told today that they are to turn away any sick coming from nursing homes - i.e. let them die. Italy started implementing similar protocols a couple of weeks ago, I guess supplies are already in such critical condition that they're pre-emptively doing it. If the crisis ends up being even worse than expected, I imagine the age cut-off will start getting more and more severe.

(e): And his rationalization is "lmao I got a girl I guess you must not if you have empathy for other people". Definitely not pathetic at all.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

5 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Based on your other posts, Im not at all surprised that you have reached that conclusion. :lol: What I am saying is that there are people in this forum that have never developed the understanding of prioritizing your family over everyone else. But I try to understand that position because they have gone their entire lives without anybody in their life, and thus have no frame of reference. It must be a cold bucket of water to the face to wake up every day knowing you've never had a mate, children or friends all because nobody can stand you. ;( 

Well I have several friends, three kids and a wife (who is my best friend) - I also have 5 nieces/nephews and a big family. Still I wouldn't run out and buy all the face masks and hand sanitizer I can get so that people who really need it can't get it anymore. 

Caring for friends and family doesn't mean you have to act like "après moi, le déluge". Hey that should be my family motto from now on. Bit unwieldy though...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Not "okay", indifferent. Read 🤡 sig.

firefox_2020-03-19_14-17-15.png

?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

China has almost no herd immunity to COVID-19. Now they will have to worry about it being re-imported. Their lockdown may just be the first stage...

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

11 minutes ago, rjshae said:

China has almost no herd immunity to COVID-19. Now they will have to worry about it being re-imported. Their lockdown may just be the first stage...

Buys them time though. And that's what it's all about I think. Time to build more ventilators, provide more hospital beds, educate personell, develop a vaccines/medicine etc.  

44 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

firefox_2020-03-19_14-17-15.png

?

Not Gfted1's sig, Gromnir's sig.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

20 minutes ago, rjshae said:

The Imperial College London paper that has informed the UK gov't course corrections observed precisely that. Lifting of interventions can lead to a rebound in transmission. But the paper being a purely scientific document glosses over the question of the sustainability of these measures even short-term.

Mitigation strategies will possibly lead to more deaths, but suppression may not be enforceable for long. People are already being charged by the tens of thousands in Italy for violating lockdown, and it hasn't been even a month. The most fantastically optimistic estimates for a vaccine being ready are looking at 8 months.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.