Politics and world news

Guard Dog

3 hours ago, Gromnir said:

could you imagine a debate, any debate, moderated by hannity, carlson and ingraham?

..l.ike a round table debate about democracy in The Third Reich, moderated by Goebbels?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, Gorth said:

..l.ike a round table debate about democracy in The Third Reich, moderated by Goebbels?

That is a little unfair. This Nazi comparison stuff has long past grown tiresome. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

14 hours ago, Gromnir said:

am not seeing a way back to previous norms w/o cataclysm.

HA! Good Fun!

One cataclysm coming right up: https://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Edited by Guard Dog
Damned autocorrect

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

6 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

That is a little unfair. This Nazi comparison stuff has long past grown tiresome. 

Seems about right for those three.  Carlson sure is odd, when he was on CNN I just recall him being like a young Novak, just a GOP backer.  Maybe Stewart really messed him up and made him go into a full crank 😛

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I dislike Tucker Carlson as much as the next guy, and I'll never not enjoy watching that crossfire clip of Jon Stewart and him, but to be fair he seems to be vehemently against his country being involved in foreign wars, so that's very un-nazilike.

Progressives, liberalists and the alt-right seem to find common ground in being opposed to US warfare abroad. The new alliance?!

23 minutes ago, TrueNeutral said:

Calling "Godwin's Law" doesn't actually do anything to diminish an accurate comparison. 

Except it's not. I don't watch their shows but I think Hannity, Carlson, or Ingarham advocating the systematic extermination of human beings would have made the news. All three have also been advocates of smaller government which is also very un-nazilike. Unless they have seriously changed their message since I cancelled my DirecTV service. 

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

43 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

To be fair, Goebbels was from a very different time with very different political sensibilities: even if he was an obviously evil, evil person, he might actually well make a better debate moderator vs the trash we have now, :p. Being evil doesn't make you disgustingly incompetent (or even necessarily corrupt), after all...sometimes just the opposite!

(editor's note: Bartimaeus is not actually in favor of Goebbels moderating any debates)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

7 minutes ago, TrueNeutral said:

That CNN debate. 🤣

Mr. Sanders, do you enjoy the taste of babies? Mrs. Warren, what do you think about Mr. Sanders eating babies? 

Yawn. Left eating their own. What a surprise 🙄

Happened recently to Stephen King also, another one who though if he will be agreeable with SJW they will let go of the fact he is guilty of "original sin" of him being white, heterosexual man. 

166215__front.jpg

3 hours ago, Maedhros said:

I dislike Tucker Carlson as much as the next guy, and I'll never not enjoy watching that crossfire clip of Jon Stewart and him, but to be fair he seems to be vehemently against his country being involved in foreign wars, so that's very un-nazilike.

Progressives, liberalists and the alt-right seem to find common ground in being opposed to US warfare abroad. The new alliance?!

Well Aktually..... there is a large anti-war and anti-intervensionist among the far-right. It's tied to nationalism, anti-Semitism, or the fact a sizeable number used to be libertarians. Carlson is undeniably the first on that list.

1 hour ago, TrueNeutral said:

That CNN debate. 🤣

Mr. Sanders, do you enjoy the taste of babies? Mrs. Warren, what do you think about Mr. Sanders eating babies? 

I'm sure this is going to backfire horribly so I wondered if it was some sort of ploy by deep cover Bernie folks, then I remembered it was CNN and they really are that idiotic.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

3 hours ago, TrueNeutral said:

That CNN debate. 🤣

like it or not, can you imagine the ridicule cnn woulda' suffered if nobody asked bernie 'bout the gender issue? ignore the elephant in the room?  "you would have asked the question if it was donald on stage and not bernie." etc.

after bernie claims elizabeth were wrong 'bout her recollection, cnn shoulda' ignored obvious follow-up question?

in this single case, cnn were damned no matter what they chose to do, but am thinking they had to ask the question.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The problem is that that wasn't the only issue. They consistently cut him off and at some point pretty much went "how are you going to bankrupt the country?". It wasn't on that single issue, it was consistent bias. It was like CNN was taking notes from Fox News. Probably Warren's influence, once a Republican... 

I guess they weren't going in hard on everyone else ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

8 minutes ago, TrueNeutral said:

The problem is that that wasn't the only issue. They consistently cut him off and at some point pretty much went "how are you going to bankrupt the country?". It wasn't on that single issue, it was consistent bias. It was like CNN was taking notes from Fox News. Probably Warren's influence, once a Republican... 

you mighta' had a stronger point if you hadn't made the gender question the inspiration for your example o' cnn malfeasance. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

3 minutes ago, TrueNeutral said:

I deliberately left the gender bit out when highlighting the obvious bias. 🤣

But yeah, CNN's corporate ownership is showing. 

your example were clear even if you did not mention gender bias.  so again, you were bothered enough by the particular exchange to use it as the foundation for your criticism o' cnn. when we mention how it were unreasonable to not ask bernie 'bout the gender issue you switch to a more general criticism o' bias.

rather than successful call out bias, you effective display bias.

we don't like cnn coverage o' the debates, but you latch on to perhaps the singular most obvious question exchange which were a forgone conclusion before debate even started. cnn coulda' flubbed, but there were no bias and no loaded question. no equivocation. straightforward questions directed at both candidates involved, and then moved on to next questions.  cnn had to ask the questions whether you liked 'em or not. cnn did those two questions question professional even if they handled dozens o' other issues wrong. nevertheless, is the one issue which you included in your cnn criticism post.

bias indeed.

HA! Good Fun!

No, it was not professional. The question posed to Warren deliberately implied Bernie was lying and Warren was telling the truth in the news story that CNN broke. It was a case of CNN determining that, CNN was correct. The juxtaposition of the questions in sequence is a purposeful manipulation. My post was to demonstrate the bias to the program implicitly stating Warren tells the truth and Bernie is a liar, topic notwithstanding. You're literally doubling down on a wrong statement because you can't take being wrong. 🤣 You could make a death of the author argument about that *you* got a different intent from my post, but you're literally stating you know my intent was different than what I know my intent was. It's ridiculous. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

I'd be satisfied if the next President is quiet, competent, knows and follows the limitations of the office, does not start any new conflicts abroad nor deliberately antagonizes anyone at home. That is the kind of leader we need right now. And we are not going to get it.  

In fact such a person could never get nominated. 

I'd be satisfied if the next president didn't hate a significant portion of the American people.

But, as you say, such as person could never get nominated.

It's sad how much worse things seem to have gotten over the last 3 years.

5 hours ago, Skarpen said:

Yawn. Left eating their own. What a surprise 🙄

You're kidding, right? CNN is the homeplace of "Enlightened Centrism" which you may as well call "the ashamed right". 

Certainly a lovely way to get the "fake news" crowd to sympathize with Bernie and give them an alternative to the orange golfer, though. 

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

I'd be satisfied if the next president didn't hate a significant portion of the American people..

Well I'm sorry to burst your bubble but the average Republican is a dip**** retard so I think it's time for a little "mirror image" foul play.

And speaking of Nazi's, anyone ever consider blond haired blue eyed women rather than men as the master race/sex the proper way to correct the ideology?

Seriously, if someone could show me statistics that show that putting them in power leads to better conditions for everyone, I'd be the first in line.

At this point any theory is plausible.

Edited by ComradeMaster

1 minute ago, ComradeMaster said:

Well I'm sorry to burst your bubble but the average Republican is a dip**** retard so I think it's time for a little "mirror image" foul play.

What?  I think both Trump and any potential Democrat candidate likely hate a good portion of the American populace.

And honestly?  That attitude is part of the problem.  We're all just people, and those you disagree with aren't necessarily bad, evil or stupid, just like those you agree with aren't necessarily good, or brilliant.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vaeliorin said:

What?  I think both Trump and any potential Democrat candidate likely hate a good portion of the American populace.

Both parties are part of the problem.  That's what's gotten us into this mess in the first place.  People who doggedly support Trump AND the Democratic Party as whole are just as bad as the other.  I know people who loved Obama in 2008 and voted for him but are now arch enemies, and on the flip I know people who hated Trump at first but are now staunch supporters.

Truth is, this 2 party gig is a dangerous death trap as the American War Machine soldiers on.