I couldn't find answers on the Internet to some of my own questions, so I made some tests. I wanted to share my results. I hope some of them could be useful.

1) Enfeeble is applied to itself

Enfeeble extends the duration of hostile effects. And enfeeble is an hostile effect iself.
Enfeeble does extend its own duration. That means, for example, that Heart Seeker applies 30s of Enfeeble on non-resistant foes (without taking into account INT and PL).

Additional tip : that also applies to Weakening abilities targeting vulnerable foes, which makes Toxic Strike extremely potent against them (since its damages increase with duration).

2) Stoic Steel can charge up before battle

So if you start battle after 18s of immobility, you start with +3AR. I've never been aware of it before today.

This makes Stealth interesting for Paladins ^^

Additional tip : some of the "teleporting" abilities such as escape don't cancel Stoic Steel. I haven't test all of them.

3) Gambit refund only works on first hit/main target

Even if you use a multi-shot (classic blunderbuss) or AoE weapon (mortars), you'll get the refund only if 1st roll on main target.

So to get the complete refund, you'll need to dual wield and score 2 crits with the 2 "main" attacks. It is still good to get some AoE crits, but don't except a refund.

I haven't test it with WotEP.

4) Heart Seeker doesn't apply Bounce or AoE.

I have tested it with Watershaper focus, and only foes in the ability line can be hit. There is no double hits due to Bounce or rod's AoE.

5) Whirling Strikes does apply Bounce.

You need to equip a melee weapon to perform whirling strike. However, if you hold a ranged weapon in your other hand, you'll attack with it too, and it will even trigger Bounce with Driving Flight.

This makes Melee & Ranged dual wield somewhat attrative for ranged, especially with Scordeo's Trophy.

6) "Thunder Rolled..." upgrade

"...its crash could not be denied" apply a +15 Accuracy bonus, which is fine IMHO. The description does not specify it but you can read it by picking the ability and checking its accuracy before or during battle.

7) Unbending not triggered by Take the Hit

Self damages from Take the Hit does not proc Unbending regeneration. It could have been a nice combo, but nay...

8 ) Garrote complete description

The description is vague, so here is how it actually works :

• 6s paralysis (modified by INT / PL) as described.
  • During paralysis, the target takes about 4 raw damages per tick (1s tick !), modified by MIG / PL.
  • After paralysis, the target is prone (so the 3s Prone are added to Paralysis duration for the total duration of incapacitation)
  • After paralysis, the target also received 20 raw damages, modified by MIG / PL.

Overall, it sounds nice and scales quite well. On a Single Class Paladin with max MIG and INT, it does around 120 raw damages total. It might be nice with an Helwalker or a SC class Paladin (since DoT gets double benefit from PL and SC Paladin might get a lot of zeal to spend from Divine Retribution and downed summons).

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Didn't know that effect that applies Enfeeble will get +50% duration even if the target was not enfeebled before)

Btw, how do you guys feel about Unbending? It was nerfed soon after release, but starting with v2.1 the duration increase actually increases it's total healing done.

A level 20 fighter with 23 MIG/22INT will heal for 100% of damage taken (*) over 30s with Unbending Trunk. And that's without +healing items.

* damage that goes through attack resolution.

Edited by MaxQuest

@MaxQuest With regards to the Steel Garrote description, shall we update it for the community patch?

I thought we could also amend Priests’ descriptions to include favored and disfavored dispositions for both.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke

Gambit does generate Guile internally (with mortars you'll get an insane amount of dmg bonus based on your temporary Guile gain) - but it gets cut back (capped) after execution.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

44 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Gambit does generate Guile internally (with mortars you'll get an insane amount of dmg bonus based on your temporary Guile gain) - but it gets cut back (capped) after execution.

Yes, I've seen the big numbers on the second shot.
What seemed strange is that even if I had crits on the secondary target of the mortars, I only got 4 Guile back if the main target received a crit on the mortar shot.
Or at least, 2+ crits doesn't translate to 4 Guile. It depends on which shot got the crit.

Edited by Elric Galad