Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

game wasted opportunities with Pallegina

pallegina romance

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

nouser

nouser

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 94 posts

Pallegina should have been like Viconia in baldurs gate.. through dialogues (perhaps through romance) , your character should have been able to change pallegina views regarding the republics, changing pallegina personality. dont undestand why pallegina in poe2 lacked criticism for the republics. i think the player should have been able to mold pallegina views like in poe1.

• MaxQuest likes this

MaxQuest

MaxQuest

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2346 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Ehh. What I liked about PoE1 Pallegina and missed in Deadfire Pal, is that she wasn't so zealous nor she followed her orders blindly.

Phenomenum

Phenomenum

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 575 posts
Ehh. What I liked about PoE1 Pallegina and missed in Deadfire Pal, is that she wasn't so zealous nor she followed her orders blindly.

Hm. It was always strange for me, in PoE 1 - Pallegina could obbey the orders becose of... becose you can chat for 1 minute with her and convince trained and devoted soldier/paladin to obbey her orders. Great.

Edited by Phenomenum, 16 March 2019 - 10:13 AM.

Verde

Verde

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Steam:DragonSoundxSG
They did. She is damn near intolerable in this one, made worse by the retconnin of your PoE decisions.

Crucis

Crucis

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1591 posts

Pallegina should have been like Viconia in baldurs gate.. through dialogues (perhaps through romance) , your character should have been able to change pallegina views regarding the republics, changing pallegina personality. dont undestand why pallegina in poe2 lacked criticism for the republics. i think the player should have been able to mold pallegina views like in poe1.

She's the mirror of Maia.  Pallegina is a Vaillian patriot.  Maia is a Rautian patriot.   And remember that both are representatives of their faction, so it shouldn't come as a shock that they're difficult if not impossible to sway away from their faction.  Also, don't forget that Sarafen and Tekehu are also staunch defenders of their factions as well.  So, it really comes down to the design of Deadfire's faction system and how 4 of the companions are very loyal to their factions.  And it seems to me that it'd screw up the overall balance of these 4 companions if only one of them wasn't nearly as strong a defender of his/her faction as the others.

I suppose that the devs could have designed things in such a way that none of the companions were strongly tied to a faction, but that might have seemed weird for Maia, Pallegina, Tekehu, or Sarafen.  I tend to think that if they'd not wanted any faction-tied companions, the devs would have had to develop 4 very different companions who clearly had no love for any faction.

asnjas

asnjas

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 169 posts
Game wasted opportunities yet you fail to mention voltron/ power ranger robots that the watcher and crew can pilot. We fight eothas in a losing effort until we combine our individual robots into one gigantic robot where we finally subdue eothas with our lightning fire sword dramatic finisher attack. Engrim later gives a brief speech getting us to understand we had the real secret weapon to defeating him all along: working together.

But no you keep on about pallagina sweetie.

Edited by asnjas, Yesterday, 05:59 PM.

uuuhhii

uuuhhii

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 385 posts

the struggle between order and conscious in poe1 are given to maia

all pellagina do in deadfire is agreeing with vtc

it was a weird choice

why not just put all the content about pellagina and maia in pellagina to make one whole character and bring back kana to represent rdc again?

Edited by uuuhhii, Yesterday, 11:06 PM.

AeonsLegend

AeonsLegend

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 660 posts

In PoE Pallegina was very easy going and it wasn't very hard to nudge her to change the republics wishes when dealing with the anamenfath. She knew what this meant and was full ready to accept the consequences if there were any. Then when you meet her in PoEII she blames YOU for the decision SHE made. Bitch.

Edited by AeonsLegend, Today, 01:04 AM.

AeonsLegend

AeonsLegend

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 660 posts

the struggle between order and conscious in poe1 are given to maia

all pellagina do in deadfire is agreeing with vtc

it was a weird choice

why not just put all the content about pellagina and maia in pellagina to make one whole character and bring back kana to represent rdc again?

Hm, I don't see Kana killing Queen Onekaza II and being ok with that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pallegina, romance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users