Favorite non Jedi Class

State which one and why.  

58 members have voted

1. 1. State which one and why.

• Soldier: I like dealing out the hurt; no questions asked!
    • Scout: I prefer to be alone, away from society.
    • Scoundrel: I do everything stealthily and with charm. *wink*
    • I don't know
    • They're all my favourite!
    • I hate them all!
    • A jedi or sith would kick all their @sses!

I would say scoundrel for 4 reasons:

1. I liked using the stealth and persaude skills. They made the game more interesting, in my opinion.

2. The sneak attack and scoundrels luck feats were nice. The first would do extra damage when you were behind or to the side of an enemy; which often involved using the stealth skill. It also increased in damage as you gained levels. :rolleyes: And the second would give you +2 to defense at level 1, +4 at level 6, and +6 at level 12.

3. Having lower vitality points and less feats makes combat a little challenging for once.

4. It is the best route to take to become a jedi counsular (my favourite jedi class.) ^_^

State which one and why. Please. :p

Soldier, for their pure offensive ability.

If the game was a bit more diverse, in which things like smugglers, gambling, "underworld" stuff was included (not just a ferry mission with some cargo), the other two classes might be appealing to me. But as it was, brute strength was often the only choice and the soldier was best at it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Since the second game would not let you select those classes anyway, I would judge this from the experiences from the first game. Soldier is definitely my fave, simple melee attacking at its best. The game was also geared towards melee fights in my opinion. Sort of a fire and forget type character. That's my pick, if Jedi/Sith were not considered.

Definitely Scout. The best free feats, good skills, and a good amount of VP.

Soldier is vastly overrated. They have no personality; they're just musclebound brutes who get a couple extra feats. Scouts are where it's at. Implants, Flurry, Repair > j00.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

Scout is the best if you switch to Jedi. Which is what your PC did. If you went to level 4 you ended up with 5 feats (1 more than even soldier) and uncanny dodge. Your saves were higher, you started out with better feats and the class skills were the best. No brainer for me.

Soldier. Period. 

You could end up like Hicks or Jenkins dead on an unknown world killed buy an unknown alien species. Ok so Hicks died on Furry but it was unknown to him. And most people.

Scout for sure. Ripley was a scout no?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Definitely Scout.  The best free feats, good skills, and a good amount of VP.

Soldier is vastly overrated.  They have no personality; they're just musclebound brutes who get a couple extra feats.  Scouts are where it's at.  Implants, Flurry, Repair > j00.

*nods*

Scout/guardian with the right amount of constitution and the implant you buy from the special shop on Korriban could give you more health then even a soldier/guardian.

Soldier, for their pure offensive ability.

If the game was a bit more diverse, in which things like smugglers, gambling, "underworld" stuff was included (not just a ferry mission with some cargo), the other two classes might be appealing to me.  But as it was, brute strength was often the only choice and the soldier was best at it.

Seconded.

medium-smiley-016.gif

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Soldier, i happen to like brute force (in games that is).

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Soldier, i happen to like brute force (in games that is).

<_< But don't you get bored just killing anything in your way? :unsure::wacko: Not to mention how easy the combat was in KotOR. Being as soldier would only make it twice as boring and alot easier. :ph34r:

Hey, what can i tell? I was Revan! The former Dark Lord of the Sith! (But i always put all my skill-points to 'persuade' though.)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy