Obsidian, do not listen to the naysayers

I'm guessing OP is not down for butt stuff? I digress. Obisidian specifically asked for feedback and people are giving it. One does not become an "anal minimaxer" because they do exactly what they're told to do.

Also why would you complain about more options? The modes have no bearing on one another. I'm being serious I have no idea why people complain about two separate options that have no effect on one another,.

Why does this thread exist? There is no reason to complain about it when Everyone here loves it and they are getting it for free.

The concern stems from the reality that in any given games development there's only so much time and money to go around. Right now Deadfire is testing out turn-based combat. If the sales of the game go up drastically at this point, it's pretty likely TB combat influenced that spike. At that point what developer wouldn't ask why they aren't putting more resources into TB combat?

People are worried that in a sequel RTwP will either become the secondary mode to the primary development of TB combat or be dropped completely. It's a valid question to be asking, and if obsidian is smart they will be addressing that fear.

• Like 2

"As the murderhobo mantra goes: 'If you can't kill it, steal it.'" - Prince of Lies

Could someone share some more specific anal min max tips? *coughs* *scratches head nervously*

Sure. Best racial is ofc Death godlike!

When you get close to what the french (those dirty duckers) call "the little death" you gain power levels.

Or Fire godlike, if you want to spice up your minmaxing ;)

The sentence "Fire in a hole" obtaining a new meaning is this case.

Really? No mention of Nature aka wood Godlike? I'm bummed you guys did not reach for such a low hanging nut so that me, who's tailing behind, get to crack it.  :biggrin:

Edited by bugarup
  • Like 1

Let's talk about attributes anal minmax.

I'm pretty sure you need to MAX your Resolve and dump Intellect to 3 (or better to 1)

No so sure about other stats... Perception seems not very useful, but Dex & Might must be above average, that's for sure. Also Constitution - you can't be too squishy for Forbidden Fist...or you can?

Edited by Phenomenum

I dunno, I play this game because it isn't turn based. If I wanted a game with turn based mode I'd play Shadowrun or Divinity Original Sin. It's not about Turn Based not being good or not working for a game like Pillars. It's about Pillars turning into another game and giving up it's own identity. For me one of the main reasons to play the game would be gone. If it is optional and you can make it work, sure go ahead. Making Pillars 3 fully turn based would probably push back some if not a lot of the fanbase. It would push me away, because there's games where turn based just is so much better. There would be no reason for me to play Pillars anymore.

Right, so you start the game in the other mode--the non turn-based mode.  Problem solved.  It's a real brain teaser why people construe it as an either-or situation, because it isn't.  There's nothing to push you away, because you can still play it in the traditional manner. Turn-based is 100% optional

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin:

I dunno, I play this game because it isn't turn based. If I wanted a game with turn based mode I'd play Shadowrun or Divinity Original Sin. It's not about Turn Based not being good or not working for a game like Pillars. It's about Pillars turning into another game and giving up it's own identity. For me one of the main reasons to play the game would be gone. If it is optional and you can make it work, sure go ahead. Making Pillars 3 fully turn based would probably push back some if not a lot of the fanbase. It would push me away, because there's games where turn based just is so much better. There would be no reason for me to play Pillars anymore.

Right, so you start the game in the other mode--the non turn-based mode.  Problem solved.  It's a real brain teaser why people construe it as an either-or situation, because it isn't.  There's nothing to push you away, because you can still play it in the traditional manner. Turn-based is 100% optional.

Except for that @AeonsLegend is talking about a future Pillars 3, so the point of your post?

Now I'm considering a new pt with anal min maxing:

Dispositions: Aggressive and Passionate

Possible classes: Howler, Brute, Bellower, Fanaltic, Forbidden Fist and Asscetic

Discarded choices: Contemplative, Shattered Pillar

Faction supported: the Huanal

Edit: "Watcher" gains an entirely different meaning. ;)

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 2

sign.jpg

Right, so you start the game in the other mode--the non turn-based mode.  Problem solved.  It's a real brain teaser why people construe it as an either-or situation, because it isn't.  There's nothing to push you away, because you can still play it in the traditional manner. Turn-based is 100% optional.

Except for that @AeonsLegend is talking about a future Pillars 3, so the point of your post?

Turn-based is basically set up as a reinterpretation of the real-time rules; it'd probably be more effort to cut out real-time entirely than to offer both modes in a future game

• Like 1

Friendly reminder, treat each other with respect.

Protip: Calling other users "minmax anal fools" is not a typical sign of respect. 

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man