Fallout tactics

Chilloutman

How did you played FT, what you prefered?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How did you played FT, what you prefered?

Hey bois,

I know that FT is not too praised here but I really liked its engine/gameplay. Yeah story (if you can even call it like that ) sucked but I really enjoyed combat in that game. It was kinda Jagged Alience in Fallout universe and I digged that quite a lot. Too bad that its engine was probably not enough modular for mods to get hands on it, I would love to see proper fallout story on that engine, anyone else liked it as well? I played it in Real time and liked it a lot, I think it was one of few games which made both systems fun in one game.

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I miss the option “Still on my backlog”. I feel so excluded :’(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Real time was really nice, specially considered all those ambushes resulting in a massive shootout extravaganza.

Exactly executing good ambush was so satisfying

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

The ambushes I remember: Wait behind a corner, make some noise, let everyone kill the dumb npc that walked around said corner. Rinse and repeat.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I cast my vote, but I will be the grammar Nazi here.

Fix the title :D.

Excuse me. 

What is wrong with Fallout Tactics?

or are you bothered by poll? That past tense?

Well I'd say the correct way to write that would be:

"How did you play FT, which mode did you prefer?" or ", what did you prefer?" or ", which mode have you preferred?"

But, in order to make gramar nazis angry while mostly retaining legibility, I would suggest

"How will you played FT? What you'd will preferred?" or "Which is you're prefered mode?"

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 2

i can't butcher it that much

He's possibly referring to "Tactics" in the topic title not being capitalized as it should because it's a proper name, and may be read as being about tactics in general in Fallout games.

I played it exclusively in real time, but the lack of a pause function could be rather crippling because if things went sideways, it usually meant reloading.

I wish the game had been successful enough that the planned sequel didn't need to be canned, but alas.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.