Best Streetfighter multi with Blunderbuss for glass cannon build?

Basically I want to use Blunderbuss modal to enable permanent Streetfighter bonus, however since this is literally my 1st proper run (almost always restart after Port Maje done), I would like to hear some opinions on the best class to pair with Streetfighter to create the highest DPS, glass cannon build.

I've initially started with Helwalker due to all the synergy with Dance of Death, Might stacking, Swift Strikes, Stunning Surge etc, but unfortunately I just realized that the monk's fire lash only work with melee attacks. All the Might stacking is also not that great since Streetfighter already has so many damage bonuses anyway, and all the unusable "melee" skills just make me sad.

Now I'm going to restart again with Bleakwalker multi, since from my research, the lashes would be the best fit to get the highest damage. FOD's are also additional Full Attacks that I would be properly utilizing, unlike Monk's However, I'm still not sure yet whether there are other multiclass that I'm currently overlooking. So I would appreciate all of your opinions on this matter.

I will be playing in party with companions, and my stat spread would be dumping Resolve, 8 Con & 10 Int. The rest are max.

Sharpshooter / Streetfighter is dope. Driving Flight will make your mortar 'splosions (and Powder Burns!) bounce again. You get some speed boosts. Plus lotsa single-target accuracy bonuses. You also get another meatbag to flank/protect your rear.

Edited by Haplok

I have tried it, and unfortunately my pet simply dies way too fast to my own Burns. Probably should use Ghost Heart instead, but does all the accuracy bonus & Driving Flight really gives a higher DPS then spamming FOD's with 20% Burn, 12% Corrode, and 10% more Burn with the next shots? FOD also has its own accuracy bonus.

Streetfighter is all about fast recovery.

And if you multi-class with a class with limited resources you might burn through them relatively fast.

Also you want to use blunderbuss modal (which means ranged, and rules out Shattered Pillar).

I think going for Gunhawk, Ghost Heart, Bleak Walker, Kind Wayfarer, Black Jacket is ok.

And Streetfighter/Nalpazka or Streetfighter/Ascendant being also a good if not better bet.

Nalpazka has a better wound generation than base monk, without being as squishy as Helwaker (plus you already know that Turning Wheel works with ranged attacks as well)

As for Ascendant... multi-classing with streetfighter allows to reach max focus really fast (here was a topic about it). And after that you just spam your powers at half recovery. For early and mid game this mostly means 1 Mind Blades cast (for 100-200 total dmg) every 2s. The catch though is: it is getting boring after awhile.

Edited by MaxQuest

@Skattotter:

The problem with Fighter is mainly the anti-synergy between the Disciplined Barrage giving Aware, which ended up countering the Distracted status that you want to keep from your modal to enable the perma-Streetfighter buffs.

Same problem with Eldritch Aim in Wizard, though arguably a little less so due to all the other possible buffs.

@MaxQuest:

You made a good point regarding the limited resources class. Monks do have essentially unlimited Stunning Surges though, and Paladins just have a ton of Full Attacks which are somewhat renewable with kills.

Gunhawk - would probably be the best fit due to all the range & interrupts, though unfortunately we don't have access to it without modding the game. I try to keep my 1st proper run to be vanilla.

Ghost Heart - I honestly don't see their DPS output to be higher than Bleakwalker, unfortunately.

Bleak Walker - my current no.1 choice, due to all the lashes. The Sickened affliction also have a sweet synergy to enable Deathblows with only FOD without needing to use other skills, with Persistent Distraction active.

Kind Wayfarer - I can see the interesting synergy with the double heal activation in a support build, but to be honest I'm more interested in higher dps since playing with unoptimized class-wise and stats-wise Companions mean they are good mainly as meatshields anyway.

Black Jacket - the initial burst is only 1-time, right? So it's not really sustainable I believe. Plus the anti-synergy with 1 of the best Fighter skill, as mentioned above. Feel free to correct me if I overlook something though.

Nelpazka - I'm not really interested in drug management, unfortunately. And I've read multiple times about the induced drug crash due to Arcane Dampeners etc.

Ascendant - ok now this is very interesting. I need to do more research on this combination first, since I've always heard the Ciphers in POE2 pales in comparison to the 1st game.

Edited by srulz

I have tried it, and unfortunately my pet simply dies way too fast to my own Burns. Probably should use Ghost Heart instead, but does all the accuracy bonus & Driving Flight really gives a higher DPS then spamming FOD's with 20% Burn, 12% Corrode, and 10% more Burn with the next shots? FOD also has its own accuracy bonus.

Go with Bear. He has higher Armor Rating and I never had issues with the Bear surviving the Powder Burns barrage.

Accuracy => more hits/crits => more Penetration and damage. Driving Flight: 'splosions, 'splosions everywhere (although the damage gets a hefty penalty for each bounce => might be better to get the non-bounce upgrade on Fire in the Hole).

Note each bounce also seems to trigger Powder Burns... lots of damage ticks.

Other best contender is probably monk, due to aoe Stunning Surge and Helwalker might bonus.

I agree about the fighter anti-synergy.

Ascendant / Streetfighter is quite strong, but MaxQuest's warning is a very fair one: the gameplay is pretty boring after a while. Also apart from recovery speed, Streetfighter doesn't really buff the spellcasting aspect. On the contrary, you debuff Perception and accuracy. And the martial damage you do as a Streetfighter makes the damaging Ascendant powers kinda obsolete.

Edited by Haplok

You made a good point regarding the limited resources class. Monks do have essentially unlimited Stunning Surges though, and Paladins just have a ton of Full Attacks which are somewhat renewable with kills.

Virtuous Triumph is nerfed to 25% now :(

So if you face 7 enemies and lets say kill 4 of them - on average you'll get 1 zeal.

And during boarding fights - you might get on average 2 zeal.

That's not bad, but still a bit underwhelming.

Gunhawk - would probably be the best fit due to all the range & interrupts, though unfortunately we don't have access to it without modding the game. I try to keep my 1st proper run to be vanilla.

Ghost Heart - I honestly don't see their DPS output to be higher than Bleakwalker, unfortunately.

Got it)

As for Ghost Heart dps...

- Marked Prey is almost the same thing as Sworn Enemy.

- Accurate Wounding Shot has +20 accuracy and a 60% raw DoT, which in my book beats +acc and lashes from Flames of Devotion. Plus I always take a companion paladin to provide Shared Flames anyway.

- additionally ranger has claw abilities (for bonus acc/dmg), Marksman, Gunner, Survival of the Fittest and ofc Driving Flight.

- and a minor bit of utility via Concusive Tranquilizer (which can be really helpful vs certain enemies).

While Bleakwalker has upper hand in:

- FoD applying Sickened (which on average will reduce enemy hp by ~15-25%; and fortitude by 10)

- Being slightly more self-sufficient with Sneak Attacks

- Retribution

Black Jacket - the initial burst is only 1-time, right? So it's not really sustainable I believe. Plus the anti-synergy with 1 of the best Fighter skill, as mentioned above. Feel free to correct me if I overlook something though.

The idea was to quick switch rods with modal on, 2 times in a row and thus apply arterial/debilitating and gouging/confounding in AoE. Switch to x + blunderbuss (with modal on) and get the recovery reduction. And either stay that way or switch to 4th set.

Nelpazka - I'm not really interested in drug management, unfortunately. And I've read multiple times about the induced drug crash due to Arcane Dampeners etc.

Regarding Arcane Dampener - true that.

Although I wonder what the interaction is, if monk has:

- Clarity of Agony: -5s, -50% hostile effect duration

- Strand of Favor: -15% Hostile effect duration

- Ring of the Solitary Wanderer: When there are no allies nearby, gain Self: -35% Hostile effect duration

Does Arcane Dampener duration get reduced? or it suppresses these effects first?

Ascendant - ok now this is very interesting. I need to do more research on this combination first, since I've always heard the Ciphers in POE2 pales in comparison to the 1st game.

Ciphers are indeed far weaker in Deadfire than in PoE1.

But my streetfighter/ascendant was still doing ~60% of total party damage with 2 other off-dps hirelings in it. He required a lot of supervision though.

Edited by MaxQuest

@Haplok:

I've tried that, still dead to my Burns + enemy's concentrated fire. I'm going for a pure glass cannon build now, so Int = 15, thus Burns' coverage is quite big. Probably need to micro the pet more, but I personally don't think he's worth it. Going to try Ghost Heart with Lion due to increased attack speed, but having almost half of your skill tree dedicated to your useless companion is quite disheartening.

@uuuhhii:

While there are methods to improve a Berserker's survivability, I personally don't think it's advisable to give someone which can't differentiate between friend & foe a couple of hand mortars. You are already highly damaging enough to your team with just Powder Burns, so you will literally destroy them when you're Confused.

@MaxQuest:

1. While yes, Triumph is nerfed, you still have full access to your Rogue's repertoire even if all your Zeals are not enough to kill of your opponents. From what I understand, kills with Rogue's skills do count as well for the Triumph's trigger, so you should be able to recoup even more of your Zeals.

2. Marked Prey is much better than Sworn Enemy simply due to the fact that it's much easier to program AI behaviour for Marked Prey, compared to Sworn Enemy.

3. I don't get the 60% raw dot calculation. Do you mean at high Intelligence? If so, that's really nice to know. Also, does the buff from Eternal Devotion not stack with the buff from other paladin's Shared Flames?

4. Marksman doesn't work with Blunderbuss, since Blunderbuss has a distance of 4 m & Marksman only work for > 4 m.

5. Does Retribution work with self damage as well?

6. For Black Jacket, wouldn't it be better to start with a Blunderbuss volley first so that your rods' attacks are faster as well? Or it doesn't really matter? Also I really wish the whole sequence can be automated.

7. I've given Ascendant a try, but I guess it's just a super late bloomer. Early on you take a really long time to get max focus, so you are pretty much a half-class until you get all your gear & stuff.

1. While yes, Triumph is nerfed, you still have full access to your Rogue's repertoire even if all your Zeals are not enough to kill of your opponents. From what I understand, kills with Rogue's skills do count as well for the Triumph's trigger, so you should be able to recoup even more of your Zeals.

2. Marked Prey is much better than Sworn Enemy simply due to the fact that it's much easier to program AI behaviour for Marked Prey, compared to Sworn Enemy.

3. I don't get the 60% raw dot calculation. Do you mean at high Intelligence? If so, that's really nice to know. Also, does the buff from Eternal Devotion not stack with the buff from other paladin's Shared Flames?

4. Marksman doesn't work with Blunderbuss, since Blunderbuss has a distance of 4 m & Marksman only work for > 4 m.

5. Does Retribution work with self damage as well?

6. For Black Jacket, wouldn't it be better to start with a Blunderbuss volley first so that your rods' attacks are faster as well? Or it doesn't really matter? Also I really wish the whole sequence can be automated.

7. I've given Ascendant a try, but I guess it's just a super late bloomer. Early on you take a really long time to get max focus, so you are pretty much a half-class until you get all your gear & stuff.

1. Effectiveness of Virtuous Triumph is limited first of all by amount of enemies in an encounter.

In my last run I've used empower to replenish resources... perhaps 10 times at most. And the fights I really wished I could replenish resources a second time were: The Messenger, Neryscirlas, Beast of Winter, all with over-inflated health pools and... single.

3. Wounding Shot delivers damage and in addition to it places a DoT on the target. DoT ticks 3 times at: 0, 3s and 6s. Each tick deals raw damage equal to 20% of the shot's damage. This raw damage can be furthermore increase by MIG. So if you have 20 MIG and just made a shot for 50 dmg, the DoT will tick for: 13, 13, 13.

Regarding Eternal Devotion: for some reason I thought it doesn't stack with Shared Flames. But huh... they are different effects, and you know? perhaps they might...

4. Fair point

5. Most likely Retribution works only with attacks that go through attack resolution.

6. If you intend to keep attacking with the same rod - yes.

If you make an attack with rod_1 and switch to rod_2: nope. Afaik switch recovery is a strict 2s and is not influenced by usual recovery-affecting stuff. There is only black jacket passive (that reduces it by 1s) and Quick Switch talent (that reduces it by 1.5s)

7. My mindstalker started to feel decent right after leaving pierce-immune skeletons behind on the starting island. Good from lvl 7, and a beast from lvl 10 onward. But that's the thing with ciphers in general and ascendants in particular... they shine only if you have figured out how to generate focus really fast. More ciphers for me then ^^

Edited by MaxQuest

If you're willing to consider rearranging your stats somewhat, might I suggest pairing the streetfighter with a Blood Mage? If not, feel free to ignore this post.

With base might (or 8 might), high constitution, and a good healer companion, you can rapid-fire spells and bullets to great effect. In fact, Blood Sacrifice is a handy way of lowering your HP below 50%, especially if you're in the back of a party and not getting targeted generally. That being said, you might want to consider upping intelligence somewhat for such a build, especially if you plan to use a lot of timed debuffs.

If you're willing to consider rearranging your stats somewhat, might I suggest pairing the streetfighter with a Blood Mage? If not, feel free to ignore this post.

With base might (or 8 might), high constitution, and a good healer companion, you can rapid-fire spells and bullets to great effect. In fact, Blood Sacrifice is a handy way of lowering your HP below 50%, especially if you're in the back of a party and not getting targeted generally. That being said, you might want to consider upping intelligence somewhat for such a build, especially if you plan to use a lot of timed debuffs.

my one thought with that is that it's a little suboptimal, because the recovery bonus doesn't help spellcasting as much (because relatively speaking you spend so much time just casting instead of recovering).

streetfighter works real well for martial-oriented builds or combined with explosives and scrolls, because a -50% recovery time when your action is mostly recovery is really great. a great streetfighter/caster i suspect will be casting spells that are "cheap" to use (e.g. enchantment school spells that feature 0 recovery and very fast cast, or spells with short cast times and longer recovery) because the opportunity cost of not just deathblows + sneak attacking all the time becomes really huge with a streetfighter.

• Like 1

my one thought with that is that it's a little suboptimal, because the recovery bonus doesn't help spellcasting as much (because relatively speaking you spend so much time just casting instead of recovering).

streetfighter works real well for martial-oriented builds or combined with explosives and scrolls, because a -50% recovery time when your action is mostly recovery is really great. a great streetfighter/caster i suspect will be casting spells that are "cheap" to use (e.g. enchantment school spells that feature 0 recovery and very fast cast, or spells with short cast times and longer recovery) because the opportunity cost of not just deathblows + sneak attacking all the time becomes really huge with a streetfighter.

Those are fair points.

Basically I want to use Blunderbuss modal to enable permanent Streetfighter bonus, however since this is literally my 1st proper run (almost always restart after Port Maje done), I would like to hear some opinions on the best class to pair with Streetfighter to create the highest DPS, glass cannon build.

I've initially started with Helwalker due to all the synergy with Dance of Death, Might stacking, Swift Strikes, Stunning Surge etc, but unfortunately I just realized that the monk's fire lash only work with melee attacks. All the Might stacking is also not that great since Streetfighter already has so many damage bonuses anyway, and all the unusable "melee" skills just make me sad.

Now I'm going to restart again with Bleakwalker multi, since from my research, the lashes would be the best fit to get the highest damage. FOD's are also additional Full Attacks that I would be properly utilizing, unlike Monk's However, I'm still not sure yet whether there are other multiclass that I'm currently overlooking. So I would appreciate all of your opinions on this matter.

I will be playing in party with companions, and my stat spread would be dumping Resolve, 8 Con & 10 Int. The rest are max.

Äh, when you play in a party, then just get a priest and dump con / resolve, because you can cast barring's death door or wear nemnok's cloak, so you are simply in god mode. I don't know, how long the recovery time for blunder is, but a melee rogue mc with berserker / helwalker will out-dps it.

I did a quick test on Maia as a Gunhawk/Streetfighter. With the Gunhawk class she gets 5m range on Blunderbusses, which means she gets the Accuracy bonus from Marksman. I was able to get the reload time down to around 1.4 seconds. 

The 1.4 seconds came from (5 base -13 % dexterity - 20 % Gunner - 30 % Dual Wield - 15 % Two Handed Style - 20 % Sure-Handed Ila). That was with no armor (and also no Nalvi).

That seems pretty good. Right now I'm running Maia as a Gunhawk/Assassin, but that opening Assassin shot isn't that impressive right now. I'm not sure if it's worth it to switch between Blunderbuss and Arquebus in long fights just to keep the Streetfighter bonus on, but I think it might be (especially with some AI configuration).

Do you know if her other Gunhawk bonus (interrupt) works on the blasts from the mortars?

On this topic - what are the best ways to debuff reflex so that the mortars are more accurate?

- Nature's Mark  (-10)

- Chill Fog (Blindec, -5)

- Miasma of Dull-mindedness (-10)

- Curse of Blackened Sight (Blinded, -5)

- Tanglefoot (Hobbled, -5)

- Crippling Strike, Blinding Strike (-5, Debilitating Strike adds -10 from Hobbled and Distracted)

Reducing PER or DEX by 5 means that Reflex will go down by 10, not 5. If you reduce both it's -20.

Miasma reduces PER by 10. That means -20 Reflex as well. Stacks with a DEX-affliction: then -30.

Afaik this stacks with other effects that directly lower Reflex - like Nature's Mark.

The highest single-effect debuff comes from flails (-25). You can cause it in an AoE with Heart of Fury, Clear Out (+Upgrades), Whirling Strikes and Whispers of the Wind.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Reducing PER or DEX by 5 means that Reflex will go down by 10, not 5. If you reduce both it's -20.

Miasma reduces PER by 10. That means -20 Reflex as well. Stacks with a DEX-affliction: then -30.

Afaik this stacks with other effects that directly lower Reflex - like Nature's Mark.

The highest single-effect debuff comes from flails (-25). You can cause it in an AoE with Heart of Fury, Clear Out (+Upgrades), Whirling Strikes and Whispers of the Wind.

just wanted to confirm some stacking rules:

direct PER/DEX adjustments suppress each other (including afflictions).

direct reflex adjustments suppress each other, but are considered a separate debuff from PER/DEX adjustments.

direct "defense adjustments" (shining beacon, extra effect from reny daret invocation upgrade) get suppressed by direct reflex adjustments.

so the best you could do is probably:

flail debuff (-25)

plus arkemyr's wondrous torment or miasma (up to -20 depending on innate PER)

plus dex affliction (-10)

for a total of -55 reflex

reducing the enemy reflex is only one part of the equation, though. you can also increase your accuracy.

Edited by thelee

@MaxQuest:

1. Those are the big bosses eh? That's really interesting to know. It does mean that my decision is now slanted back to a Monk instead of a Bleakwalker, but then again, can a monk actually perma-stun all single-target bosses, or are there those with really high deflection/fortitude, and/or immunity to stun?

3. Wow the text is highly misleading then, I originally thought the damage count starts at 3 sec rather than 0 sec. Do all other skills with similar mechanics (eg. Dance of Death) work the same? Also do multiple raw damage DOT from multiple Wounding Shots stack on each other, or just refresh the duration?

@hollerer: 

What do you mean by no damage? If piercing damage immunity, then there are ways to work around that. Plus this is not a "challenge run" in which you are limited to just blunderbusses, but mainly you will be using your blunderbusses 90% of the time.

@hansvedic:

Actually I have already changed my stat allocation to 15 Int and dumped Con as well, since I've found that usually I'm out of harm's way anyway. Mind explaining more about your build? Which spells are you using actually?

@baldurs_gate_2:

Fair point, though I probably will not have any priests in my party, since I would turn Xoti into a Monk, because infinite Whispers of the Wind with her subclass ability seems fun.

Regarding this melee rogue/helwaker or berserker, do you have a build in mind? The problem with melee for me is mainly that the damage is really good single target, but kinda bad for aoe, and needing to chase mobs just reduce the overall dps. Also, you cannot really completely dump con/resolve when your char is in melee, unless he wants to completely depend on a priest.

• Like 1

1. Those are the big bosses eh? That's really interesting to know. It does mean that my decision is now slanted back to a Monk instead of a Bleakwalker, but then again, can a monk actually perma-stun all single-target bosses, or are there those with really high deflection/fortitude, and/or immunity to stun?

Yeap, those are the bosses in BoW DLC.

As for perma-stunning - I would not count on this. Majority of bosses have immunity vs half of afflictions and resistance vs another half.

E.g:

- Scyorielaphas: immunity: intellect, dex, resolve aff; resistance: might, perception aff

- Jadaferlas: immunity: intellect aff; resistance: might, dex, resolve aff

- Guardian: immunity: intellect and resolve aff; resistance: might, dex, perception aff

- Neriscyrlas: immunity: intellect aff; resistance: might, dex, resolve aff

- Belranga: resistance: body aff, perception aff, resolve aff.

- Huani O Whe: immunity: intellect and resolve aff; resistance: perception, dexterity, might aff

- Dorudugan: immunity: mind aff; resistance: body aff;

Basically you can't stun or paralyze anyone notable (even if you overcame their usually high fort/will).

3. Wow the text is highly misleading then, I originally thought the damage count starts at 3 sec rather than 0 sec. Do all other skills with similar mechanics (eg. Dance of Death) work the same? Also do multiple raw damage DOT from multiple Wounding Shots stack on each other, or just refresh the duration?

Yeah, unlike in WoW, DoTs in Pillars start damaging at 0s.

And yeap, Dance of Death gives you +1 wound and +3 accuracy every 3s, starting immediately from 0s.

Multiple DoT instances from Wounding Shot don't stack in Deadfire. The current duration gets refreshed and that's it.

Also I have quickly checked it right now, and it seems there is a bug with tick damage calculation.

First of all it doesn't tick for base 20% every 3s as advertised by tooltip. Instead it uses those 20% as total DoT damage.

So at base values, instead of ticking thrice for 20%; it attempts to tick for 6.67%.

Additionally the total duration is increased by INT and power level; so the higher these are - the lower DoT dps is.  :facepalm: 

And there is something more to it, since it looks that not only dps, but even total DoT damage gets lower when you increase INT values. But I don't have the time right now to accurately test it.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 5

Also I have quickly checked it right now, and it seems there is a bug with tick damage calculation.

First of all it doesn't tick for base 20% every 3s as advertised by tooltip. Instead it uses those 20% as total DoT damage.

So at base values, instead of ticking thrice for 20%; it attempts to tick for 6.67%.

Additionally the total duration is increased by INT and power level; so the higher these are - the lower DoT dps is.  :facepalm:

buhhh please report this bug. yikes 6.67% every tick is a rounding error amount of low damage  :facepalm:

Edited by thelee