So you can’t use them together? :( That’s not good at all.

Probably due to upcoming achievements. Would make those pointless if you can take X amount of challenges then take all the Blessing mostly negating the point of having X amount of challenges.

--

What the devs should do is allow any combo as the players see fit (challenges/blessings/mods) BUT simply disable getting achievements if you do this--with an unskippable warning that is what's happening. Again, I'm guessing that there will be achievements attached to doing challenges when the game is completely finished with Xpacs released.

--

Haha last edit! Anyways, with a 20 line OR LESS mod you could just give yourself a few hundred points in all attributes negating the point to, well, playing the game but it's possible therefore they took the route of disabling mods.

Edited by Rolandur
  • Like 2

Exactly. I’m happy to give up on whatever achievements will be tied to the challenges; I just want gameplay options.

• Like 6

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

What the devs should do is allow any combo as the players see fit (challenges/blessings/mods) BUT simply disable getting achievements if you do this--with an unskippable warning that is what's happening. Again, I'm guessing that there will be achievements attached to doing challenges when the game is completely finished with Xpacs released.

I hope so. Then I'll be able to have two pets and bring Vela along at the same time. :)

• Like 1

sign.jpg

I hope so. Then I'll be able to have two pets and bring Vela along at the same time. :)

They could take a democratic approach to resolve half the problem too but it may not go over as well as planned. heh

What they could do is best match up Blessings to Challenges and when starting a game with Magran Challenges you can pick 1-3 "balancing" Blessing as well. Say you choose Galawain's challenge you would be flagged then to choose Eder's Pet Slot, Experienced Ship Captain, or Infamous Captain but Eder had to be a Swashbuckler. Or if you picked Magran Challenge (no pausing) you could take both +5,000 gold starting and Fine Weapons start.

I understand this would still not play into the point of doing challenges but it would still keep to the essence of a challenging mode of play without a player picking one challenge then just using 100% of the blessing; that truly would negate the whole point of challenges. So if kept somewhat balanced (t-it for tat)

So you can’t use them together? :( That’s not good at all.

Probably due to upcoming achievements. Would make those pointless if you can take X amount of challenges then take all the Blessing mostly negating the point of having X amount of challenges.

--

--

Haha last edit! Anyways, with a 20 line OR LESS mod you could just give yourself a few hundred points in all attributes negating the point to, well, playing the game but it's possible therefore they took the route of disabling mods.

I agree with mods, not with bb's. You have to earn them through achievements, so you have to play the game. It's fair, at least for solo play, when you can activate them with challenges and still get the achievements.

I understand this would still not play into the point of doing challenges but it would still keep to the essence of a challenging mode of play without a player picking one challenge then just using 100% of the blessing; that truly would negate the whole point of challenges. So if kept somewhat balanced (t-it for tat)

I don't care about achievements or even the challenge. I will choose the options that make the game more enjoyable for me. For example: I could choose Galawain's challenge but start with fine weapons and more money to be better prepared for the digsite. This wouldn't necessarily negate the challenge, since the enemies would still have some strange behavior that my equipment can't compensate.

• Like 3

sign.jpg

It's simple...disable achievements when using Blessings and Challenges. Keeps the integrity with Challenge mode and allows the options to mix and max with Blessings. Personally I don't want to bother slugging through Port Maje at lvl 1 with no rewards after beating the game 3 times :/.

Edited by Verde

When you upload to Steam Workshop the custom portrait is shown as the steam thumbnail so maybe:

Do you import this character at level 19? What happens if you choose him when starting a game?
start a new game and the character just levels as normal; I think the level you import at only matters for importing hirelings- you can choose to import a character at "native level" which I'm guessing means they join your party as-is with all ability and skill choices made by the person who created them

Character portrait update: I deleted the custom portrait from my game folder, and deleted several other custom portraits too. I started a new game and selected the character I'd exported with a custom portrait, and his portrait was shown in the game. I progressed character creation to portrait selection, and none of the portraits I'd deleted were there but my exported character's was.

So it looks like exporting your character DOES include the portrait

Edited by house2fly
  • Like 2

When you upload to Steam Workshop the custom portrait is shown as the steam thumbnail so maybe:

Do you import this character at level 19? What happens if you choose him when starting a game?
start a new game and the character just levels as normal; I think the level you import at only matters for importing hirelings- you can choose to import a character at "native level" which I'm guessing means they join your party as-is with all ability and skill choices made by the person who created them

Character portrait update: I deleted the custom portrait from my game folder, and deleted several other custom portraits too. I started a new game and selected the character I'd exported with a custom portrait, and his portrait was shown in the game. I progressed character creation to portrait selection, and none of the portraits I'd deleted were there but my exported character's was.

So it looks like exporting your character DOES include the portrait

So how exactly do you export a character? I can't find, like, the button for it

On the character summary page there's a new tab along the top that says Export. There's a guide to importing and exporting pinned in the main technical support forum

Thanks! Got it, uploaded a version of my orlan cipher build. 

One minor bug to report: when you start a new game and are importing, the viewer shows their stats *with items*, not base.

• Like 1