Sign in to follow this  
Bokishi

Nvidia RTX Series

I thought the intel gpu was more of a server, AI, possibly Stadia/Apple oriented thing. I really doubt it will compete with Nvidia on performance or Radeon on cost/SOC uses. Though it will be an interesting shakeup whatever it is.

If the hardware landscape isn't quite where I want it by the time 2077 launches, I might just hold off a bit longer. CDPR is great at supporting their games and playing with the expansions and patches would be a nicer experience. But it's certainly the game that I would be building the rig for regardless unless some other surprises get announced from now until it's launch.

Intel says they are going for a full suite approach to graphics cards, so everything from server to pro to consumer entries. I doubt they'll be a competitive factor short term and I suspect they may well run into legal issues as well (barriers are less to entry than for entry into the x86 CPU sphere, but there are still a lot of overbroad patents from nVidia and AMD to run afoul of). Plus Raja over promised and under delivered at AMD, albeit for a division he says was being strip mined to boost Zen development.

On the question of 2070S vs 5700XT, I'll probably have something to say later in the day. The NDA came off here at 2 am so I haven't seen any comparative benchmarks at all. I suspect Keyrock has it pretty right though, given the non 3rd party benchmarks floating around.

I went ahead and got a 5700XT and Ryzen 9 3900x and a new X570 mobo with most of the bells and maybe half of the whistles. It helped that my friendly local computer store was selling everything 50 bucks under MSRP.

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/6/19

I'm thinking about upgrading my 1800x to a 3900x, don't know if my MB will take it though, I think somehting was fubar from factory since all the LED died on it. It seemingly worked like normal though so I never bothered to return it, thinking about buying a MB and CPU, flashing the old one and see if it works then possibly returning the MB.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken