If you're using Berath Blessings, meh. Free gold or free levels or free +2 to all stats is not what I would consider when trying to set myself a challenge or think of clever builds. The game's full of brokenly generous bonuses already.

The +2 stat bonus is insane. It's 12 more points to your character. I'd only consider using it if I was playing solo.

The free gold might be useful if I want a shorter playthrough and need to get a bigger boat or a custom party sooner. But I don't think I'll ever do that.

sign.jpg

There's nothing wrong with using it, you might prefer the convenience or whatever. I just think it's really weird to post builds & strategies that integrate the blessings, or talk about how strong your guy is. I might use the console an cheat myself money or whatever, but then I wouldn't use that experience to discuss how an ability is OP or how this build is really good.

• Like 1

There's nothing wrong with using it, you might prefer the convenience or whatever. I just think it's really weird to post builds & strategies that integrate the blessings, or talk about how strong your guy is. I might use the console an cheat myself money or whatever, but then I wouldn't use that experience to discuss how an ability is OP or how this build is really good.

What the problem with blessings that integrated into builds ? 12 attribute points can't break your game, because attributes capped at 18 ~ 19, if I correctly remember Lonely Wolf perk from DOS 2 give you x2 to all your skills and attributes :D

For example in PoE 1 you can stack food & drugs buffs, and you can achieve much more than 12 points. For my point of view blessing only helps you break  attributes barrier for end game fights 

At the end obsidian can make blessing as temporary skill :D 

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

It's called min-maxing. Any way to legitimately and fairly make your character stronger is good. Hence that's why you can use op arcana buffed scrolls and op alchemy buffed potions and majority of people would still be fine with it. In my 3 builds I had to restrict myself from using those because I deemed them way too op but that does not detract from the fact that an arcana/alchemny based build is still a legitimate build because you are just employing the tools the game has given you. 

Also, look at the builds posted in here. Boroer made a compilation. I bet you they'll be using the +Attribute Berath's Blessing too. 15 achievement points for the increased attributes blessing is pretty easy to get. I'm sure a fair amount of people will be using it too as it it's very accessible. This is because people don't really tinker with builds until their 2nd play-thru so by then people will have more than 15 achievements points and they can easily get the +attributes for 15 points because that's the only blessing you will ever really need. 

Edited by giftmefood

there are plenty builds that can do this. builds made to outlast the enemies can solo the game. a look thru the skill list and most people with common sense can make a build that can do this. not sure why u act like its some big secret

they are just boring because most people want to kill really fast and see big numbers.

You'll be surprised because not a lot of people dont know how to make a solo build that works in potd. Just look at this thread for example.

One said to me, "How many blessings do you use and how often do you abuse choke points?"

^ indicating that he can't believe a build can solo the game without some form of cheese

One said to me, "I am really looking forward to such builds and in particular screenshots/videos of them in action."

^ indicating that they don't know how to make a build than can solo the game

And you have to add the fact that we are in the character builds subforum of this forum. Boeror has also made a build compilation list. So the knowledge of the people in this subforum regarding solo builds should be high right. And yet I still got question and statement like that indicating that yes not a lot of people don't know how to make a solo viable build for potd 1.1.

Do note I'm playing with level scaling mod from Nexus too and I've tested all the marked (solo potd: yes) builds from Boeror's compilation list. Let's just say only a tiny amount of builds that were marked (solo potd: yes) were able to solo the game with the level scaling mod installed. But all I can say is arcana based alchemy based builds are so bonkers that they make the game a cakewalk even with level scaling mod installed. Hope it gets heavily nerfed.

Edited by giftmefood

Also, I bet you not a lot of people know how to test builds efficiently. Did you know about this? I would say Voltron is the only one doing the same thing that I could see because no one brought this up yet apart from him. 

"If you are a hardcore min maxer like me I suggest you get the unity console on Nexus Mods. It allows you to make builds from scratch. There is a cheat to change your classes, increase your levels, give you the items you need. You can pretty much try out any build your mind conjures. And there will be a lot you'd wanna try! That way you will know what skills works and what skills don't work."

"There are console commands ingame with ` then iroll20s then there is a console command that spawns monsters. So for Guardian of ukaizo it would be spawprefabatmouse cre_ukaizo_guardian. That way you can test your new build in how it handles different kinds of enemies."

This my previous reply to someone in this thread btw hence I quote myself XD

Edited by giftmefood

How many blessings do you use and how often do you abuse choke points

And the good thing about my builds are they involve 0 cheesing or abuse of game mechanics whatsoever. I like to have straight up slugging fights with no stealth cheese, no choke point cheese, no op arcana scrolls, no op alchemy potions. Just a clean build + the right equipments.

How do you beat the double Boars, the tigers + Drake fight, and the hordes of skeleton archer/mage in the beginning of the game? I just don't see how one character, regardless of build, with starting equipment and missing item slots tanks four higher level creatures with no strategic use of fight mechanics on PotD

Edited by Myztik

there are plenty builds that can do this. builds made to outlast the enemies can solo the game. a look thru the skill list and most people with common sense can make a build that can do this. not sure why u act like its some big secret

they are just boring because most people want to kill really fast and see big numbers.

You'll be surprised because not a lot of people dont know how to make a solo build that works in potd. Just look at this thread for example.

One said to me, "How many blessings do you use and how often do you abuse choke points?"

^ indicating that he can't believe a build can solo the game without some form of cheese

One said to me, "I am really looking forward to such builds and in particular screenshots/videos of them in action."

^ indicating that they don't know how to make a build than can solo the game

And you have to add the fact that we are in the character builds subforum of this forum. Boeror has also made a build compilation list. So the knowledge of the people in this subforum regarding solo builds should be high right. And yet I still got question and statement like that indicating that yes not a lot of people don't know how to make a solo viable build for potd 1.1.

Do note I'm playing with level scaling mod from Nexus too and I've tested all the marked (solo potd: yes) builds from Boeror's compilation list. Let's just say only a tiny amount of builds that were marked (solo potd: yes) were able to solo the game with the level scaling mod installed. But all I can say is arcana based alchemy based builds are so bonkers that they make the game a cakewalk even with level scaling mod installed. Hope it gets heavily nerfed.

lol

Depends on what you would call fun.

Among martial classes I would say Barbarian and Rogue are offensive oriented ones and get fun stuff from the start.

For Barbarian Berserker sub-class is min-maxing for damage and Corpse-eater is just for style, as it's worse than default barbarian gameplay wise.

Assassin or Streetfighter for Rogue give nice bonuses, first lets you play as stealthy damage spike hero and second more of skirmisher in midst of enemies.

Combining these two give Marauder - pretty fun class to play with good passives and Frenzy from barbarian and mobility tools plus powerful debilitating attacks from Rogue. You have to position Marauder and combine effects properly to get max effect from Marauder, but result is great and it is satysfying when you can pull it off.

Alternatively mixes with other classes are also interesting:

Holy Slayer (Paladin+Rogue) is a bit more tanky and single target oriented, while also having some support capabilities. 

Warlock (Wizard+Barbarian) is a bit weird, but pretty interesting combo when you get few levels under your belt. Early on you spend all your casts way too quickly, but later extra speed and buffs from barbarian help to unleash spell barrage onto enemy really fast.

Rogue+Wizard is another wizard combo, but focusing on damage by stacking debuffs and utilizing sneak attack (and assassinate) to boost damage from your spells.

I wouldn't recommend Ciphers because while interesting, their main strength is in charming opponents. It is powerful tool, allowing you to fight opponents above your level, but it becomes boring pretty quick. Soul annihilation subclass is one-trick pony which would bore you out in no time, so don't pick it unless you want to use it whole game.

Ascendant might be interesting if you combine it with powerful martial class like Barbarian or Rogue. At least you would be able to cast spells without worry about uses per encounter and such.

It does seem like a bit of a one trick pony.  I think that it'd be a more interesting subclass if soul annihilation wasn't limited to melee attacks, though it'd still be a bit of a one trick, well, maybe 2 trick pony (2 tricks as in melee and ranged).

This kind of brings me to something I want to write about though not in detail here.  I feel that nearly all of the subclasses are rather boring.  I think that the mechanics of multi-classing are good, though single-classing seems a bit weak, often because some classes are rather weak in their level 8 and 9 abilities (and simply having 2 more power levels for your lower level abilities is a pale substitute for having some good butt kicking high level abilities).  I really should write up a larger standalone post on why I think that the subclasses are boring.  And how they could be (or could have been) made more interesting.

You can come back later, don’t need to kill them when u first arrive.

You know what's up :)

How do u come back and kill them later when the entire digsite is cleared of enemies if you enter the sublevel arena? You either kill them right away or you simply never fight them at all.

And the good thing about my builds are they involve 0 cheesing or abuse of game mechanics whatsoever. I like to have straight up slugging fights with no stealth cheese, no choke point cheese, no op arcana scrolls, no op alchemy potions. Just a clean build + the right equipments.

How do you beat the double Boars, the tigers + Drake fight, and the hordes of skeleton archer/mage in the beginning of the game? I just don't see how one character, regardless of build, with starting equipment and missing item slots tanks four higher level creatures with no strategic use of fight mechanics on PotD

By abusing this games silly AI. I cleared them with a lvl 4 ghostheart/Ascendant by using a barrel next to the stairs as a chokepoint where I summoned my bear. Then I focused on charming their heavy hitters while shooting at the wurms.

Drake and one wurm was pulled separately by using sparkcrackers from the south edge near the gunpowder barrel, one shot with the Arqeubus on the barrel hurt them badly and they came at me up the stairs.

But yeah, without any kind of cheesy tactic I very much doubt that it's even possible.

It does seem like a bit of a one trick pony.  I think that it'd be a more interesting subclass if soul annihilation wasn't limited to melee attacks, though it'd still be a bit of a one trick, well, maybe 2 trick pony (2 tricks as in melee and ranged).

This kind of brings me to something I want to write about though not in detail here.  I feel that nearly all of the subclasses are rather boring.  I think that the mechanics of multi-classing are good, though single-classing seems a bit weak, often because some classes are rather weak in their level 8 and 9 abilities (and simply having 2 more power levels for your lower level abilities is a pale substitute for having some good butt kicking high level abilities).  I really should write up a larger standalone post on why I think that the subclasses are boring.  And how they could be (or could have been) made more interesting.

Personally, I had this idea of melee caster instead of burning all focus in one attack without extra effects.

Soul Annihilation could be modal, but without time to activate, it would limit casting range to melee range and add extra effect (raw damage) in addition to effect of the spell. Also all extra focus burned adds to spell Power Level at some ratio and spell have +20 Accuracy on it's effect. Downside is that Spellblade needs to hit opponent with attack (vs Deflect) before he could apply the spell, no effect on graze or miss.

It might be overly complicated and I suspect it might be hard to implement.

Overall Spellblade would have ability to supercharge his spells into melee punches with extra effects. This will keep signature surge attack, but still will be able to use their spells as base for the attack.

As for other subclasses - I agree, some definitely need some tweaking (like Corpse-eater or ranger subclasses).

By abusing this games silly AI. I cleared them with a lvl 4 ghostheart/Ascendant by using a barrel next to the stairs as a chokepoint where I summoned my bear. Then I focused on charming their heavy hitters while shooting at the wurms.

Drake and one wurm was pulled separately by using sparkcrackers from the south edge near the gunpowder barrel, one shot with the Arqeubus on the barrel hurt them badly and they came at me up the stairs.

But yeah, without any kind of cheesy tactic I very much doubt that it's even possible.

It's possible if you know how to build solo character. I beat it solo at level 2 but I cant post the build nor show vid of the fight because it would get nerfed.

/sarcasm off

• Like 2

Dorf, please read up before you comment because otherwise there is no point answering your question again when someone has already answered it before. Check Dunehunter's reply on here. 

I actually don't think the +2 stats are that op. Stats are not as impactful compared to poe 1.

The 50k gold is a big impact because of how easy it is to attain good equipment fast. The fine equipment is also very high impact on Potd because of the accuracy bonuses and being able to give your tank a fine brigandine from the get go.

However, I'd argue that the +2 to skills is the only one that's "broken" in the sense that I didn't think it was intended for the whole party. It makes skill checks pretty trivial throughout the whole game.

• Like 2

I actually don't think the +2 stats are that op. Stats are not as impactful compared to poe 1.

The 50k gold is a big impact because of how easy it is to attain good equipment fast. The fine equipment is also very high impact on Potd because of the accuracy bonuses and being able to give your tank a fine brigandine from the get go.

However, I'd argue that the +2 to skills is the only one that's "broken" in the sense that I didn't think it was intended for the whole party. It makes skill checks pretty trivial throughout the whole game.

Well, the fine armors you get were chosen carefully and aren't better than the unenchanted mail you get normally. 99% of the enemies on the first island do slash/thrust damage while the fine brigandine has only 6 pierce DR and the fine breastplate has 6 slash AR < 7slash/pierce AR of the mail.

Dorf, please read up before you comment because otherwise there is no point answering your question again when someone has already answered it before. Check Dunehunter's reply on here.
I didn't even ask a question I simply stated how I did it lol.

Besides I already answered dunehunters and your comment, but u ignored that.

You can't come back and clear that fight later because all the mobs are gone when u come back out from sublevel arena.

Edited by Dorftek

I didn't even ask a question I simply stated how I did it lol.

Besides I already answered dunehunters and your comment, but u ignored that.

You can't come back and clear that fight later because all the mobs are gone when u come back out from sublevel arena.

No, as in do all the quests in Maje first before you do it. You need to gain those levels.