do dispositions affect priestly holy radiance with 1.1? dispositions had no effect 'pon holy radiance at release and am not certain such were intended.  haven't had a chance to play 1.1, so am not certain the "bug" were addressed... or if the non relevance o' dispositions 'pon holy radiance is intended.

does make one wonder what is the point priestly dispositions if they got no gameplay impact.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

> pon

Please stop.

will think 'pon your suggestion.

no.

as to holy radiance, am not certain if this is an oversight or not, but if is working as designed, is mighty peculiar to bother including priestly favored and verboten dispositions. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

> pon

Please stop.

will think 'pon your suggestion.

no.

Honestly, what is the point of replacing a letter with a quote? The letter would convey more information, especially considering that this forum is read by many people whose primary language is not English. What is the reason for this? I am genuinely curious.

Honestly, what is the point of replacing a letter with a quote? The letter would convey more information, especially considering that this forum is read by many people whose primary language is not English. What is the reason for this? I am genuinely curious.

Staying in character.

• Like 3

Pillars of Bugothas

"Man, Gromnir don't drop character until he's done the DVD commentary."

In other words, if he ain't posting a bug then what he is saying is what you get.  It's a staple of the forum. 

I really don't see the point in Priests having Dispositions in Deadfire.  Does it have any effect?  I know Pally's have Deep Faith which is affected by Dispositions, but I don't know what Dispositions do for Priests. 

Gromnir (along with his way of writing forum posts) has been here right from the start. He's basically a fixture.

By the way: our Gromnir and Baldur's Gate's Gromnir are the same person. Maybe with that kind of information it's easier to understand why Gromnir is... well... Gromnir. :)

Concerning the question: I believe it just escaped Obsidian that the priest is still not influenced by dispositions at all. Or it's really low on their priority list. Because if this was intended: why not say so?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

do dispositions affect priestly holy radiance with 1.1? dispositions had no effect 'pon holy radiance at release and am not certain such were intended.  haven't had a chance to play 1.1, so am not certain the "bug" were addressed... or if the non relevance o' dispositions 'pon holy radiance is intended.

does make one wonder what is the point priestly dispositions if they got no gameplay impact.

HA! Good Fun!

Dispositions affected Holy Radiance when I played at launch.

lol, people getting upset over Gromnir's way of posting.  I've barely spent more than a few hours cumulatively on these forums since Pillars was launched and even I recognize a novelty account when I see one :)

Edited by PizzaSHARK

It’s been almost 20 years now that Gromnir has been in character. Good fun or no, the man is unyielding in the face of time.

On topic, what effect did dispositions have on holy radiance at launch?

I can't be certain, but I believe it's working similarly to Paladin dispositions on Faith and Conviction. There was a (small) effect from disposition but either it's not listed as a modifier when you mouse over the ability OR its somehow built into the power level percentage modifier. But there was definitely an effect because I saw the numbers decrease slightly when gaining an unfavoured disposition.

Either way it needs fixing

It’s been almost 20 years now that Gromnir has been in character. Good fun or no, the man is unyielding in the face of time.

I'm just impressed at how well they maintain character while still being able to discuss things at a relatively high level.  I don't think the REAL Gromnir was quite that intelligent, given he was a Fighter and not a Mage... but we'll let it slide :)

I'd have to check, but I believe dispositions increased the healing done and the burn damage dealt to vessels - same as it was in Pillars.

I'm just impressed at how well they maintain character while still being able to discuss things at a relatively high level.  I don't think the REAL Gromnir was quite that intelligent, given he was a Fighter and not a Mage... but we'll let it slide :)

I'd have to check, but I believe dispositions increased the healing done and the burn damage dealt to vessels - same as it was in Pillars.

backwards. is not a chicken and egg problem as there were an uncontested original when dave added his bhaalspawn to tob.

how do you know they're not working, though, I've seen several active effects functional but not listed, some listed and functional but not active, and others equipped but not listed nor active

this is the problem we got.  am not certain if is working as intended. am at a loss regarding the point o' priestly favored dispositions if the mechanic is working as designed.

HA! Good Fun!

I'm just impressed at how well they maintain character while still being able to discuss things at a relatively high level. I don't think the REAL Gromnir was quite that intelligent, given he was a Fighter and not a Mage... but we'll let it slide :)

Okay, thanks!

And we actually have the “REAL” Gromnir amongst us, the character in ToB was simply a homage to Gromnir, along with many other in-jokes and references to the Black Isle Studios community boards of old.

backwards. is not a chicken and egg problem as there were an uncontested original when dave added his bhaalspawn to tob.

how do you know they're not working, though, I've seen several active effects functional but not listed, some listed and functional but not active, and others equipped but not listed nor active

this is the problem we got.  am not certain if is working as intended. am at a loss regarding the point o' priestly favored dispositions if the mechanic is working as designed.

HA! Good Fun!

So you're saying that Gaider nerfed you for ToB?  Were you some munchkinned out Kensai/Mage or what? :p

HA! Good Fun!

So you're saying that Gaider nerfed you for ToB?  Were you some munchkinned out Kensai/Mage or what? :p

really don't want this to be a Gromnir thread, but short answer is the character were a baldur's gate, d&d(ish,) cn human fighter with high wisdom who did not receive "mag. def. adj." bonus even though such bonuses were included in the game manual. boardies frequent assumed the character were a half-orc, and gaider saw the board personality as more lawful than chaotic.  so dave makes tob game Gromnir a half-orc for funsies, and then makes the "insane" Gromnir the one character who saw through melissan's plan from the start. 

regardless, the posting Gromnir is the real and original and whatever intelligence displayed by the character has been obnoxiously consistent for 'bout two decades.

HA! Good Fun!