Super excited to take a look through the changes hoping they buffed ranger a bit as ranger is one of my favorite classes. Now i can go ahead and makE a new character!

Did they fix reload speeds on blunderbuss es I really want to use my streetfighter build =)

When does the patch go online?

Likely either late next week or the week after that. We want enough beta testing to ensure nothing catastrophic was introduced. We also have a few additional small things we will be adding in as they are finalized (companion partial hairs with hats, etc.). We also just found one of the bad memory leaks today and fixed that up so that will likely be added as an update to the beta patch Monday or Tuesday.  

• Like 10

Twitter: @robyatadero

Monk stun fist still works with aoe (rod, frostseeker), still regen more resources than consumes.

Stun lock build!

I would'nt call it a build, just a monk.

Also, just tested. Arcane dampener > suppres affliction.

Sacred immolation is not changed.
Edited by PIRI

This is my personal opinion on the patch. Instead of putting thoughts on making battles harder by adding/mixing different enemy composition they just go the lazy and incompetent way of balancing: nerfs. Take for example Devotion of the Faithful nerfing -10 ACC. So the idea of making battles harder is making you to not being so accurate? This is incompetently lazy as it solve nothing but frustration. Yeah great balance just nerf the hell out of everything without putting in thoughts.

This is what they should do: re-visit and fine tune the battles by mix in different enemy variation to a battle. Enemies that cast debuffs on you, buff themselves, cast summons, use bombs, drugs, potions, traps instead of nerfing any abilities that was awesome and continue neglecting the underpowered builds. Can't wait for the game become even worst and nothing but a dull chore.

They've changed the encounters too.

and "lazy and incompetent" are much to harsh.  Considering the amount of builds with the words "immortal" or "infinite" in them, it should have been well known the nerfs would be fast and furious, particularly in the first go round on adjustments.    Expecting large amounts of AI and scripting changes with just 2 months was hoping for too much to begin with.

But Archaven didn't comment on the broken skills, she mentioned devotion of the faithful, one of the more low-key stupidly strong abilities in the game.   +20 stacking accuracy(and +4 might) in an AOE, but its a level 7 priest spell(level 19 on a multi-class).  Its strength isn't in its ability to let you hit(by the levels you'd get that on a pure priest, the only reason a melee wouldn't have an exceptional weapon is because you have a unique you haven't enchanted yet).  Its strength is that due to the way the accuracy calculation works, that +20 accuracy is effectively +20 crit rate.  And don't get me started on the crime of what it does if you have a solid amount of hit-to-crit.  That's what got it the nerf bat.  

Looked at through the lens of crit rate instead of accuracy(something we never really need) nerfing the spell becomes a much better solution to the "problem" of too many crits than the only alternatives, lowering player crit rate directly - which lowers accuracy, or raising enemy deflection(slightly better since there are more stacking ways to drop deflection than to raise accuracy).  both of those create situations where instead of being rewarded for having a priest - "I'll bring xoti, she gives my melee 10% crit rate".  You're instead penalized for not having a priest - "well I'd like to use tekehu and a chanter as healing, but if I don't bring xoti we'll never land any hits."  I know which of those situations I prefer - xoti's been stapled to my bench since i hit neketaka.

• Like 3

Is backstab / assassinate full attack now?

Those are both passives - how can they be Full Attacks?

Do you mean if the dmg bonus still applies for the first hit only or if that got changed (maybe into a small time window)? 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

If DotF is nerfed by just to +10ACC is still good deal, this spells has sevar pros like aoe, ally/enemy, and acc + might, fair duration.

At least on tier 4 Shinning Bacon, Circle of Protection, Crusaders all are potencially worth casting time.

The problems are other priest spells and tiers. With Littanies being to long to cast for so little effect. Or sealing seal being low on dmg despite long cast.

Yesyes Litanies got buffed.

Edited by evilcat
  • Like 1

If DotF is nerfed by just to +10ACC is still good deal, this spells has sevar pros like aoe, ally/enemy, and acc + might, fair duration.

At least on tier 4 Shinning Bacon, Circle of Protection, Crusaders all are potencially worth casting time.

The problems are other priest spells and tiers. With Littanies being to long to cast for so little effect. Or sealing seal being low on dmg despite long cast.

It's been mentioned a few times already, but some of these were buffed.  Litanies for example have a 0.5 second cast time now.

+20 stacking accuracy(and +4 might) in an AOE, but its a level 7 priest spell(level 19 on a multi-class).

Devotions in version < 1.1 is a PL-4 spell, not PL 7. That's char lvl 7 as a single class and char level 10 on a multiclass character.

• Like 2

Man im just stoked they fixed the DOT ending Invis for a rogue.

That was the frickin most annoying bug ive ever seen in a game. It really affected rogues alot.

Ive been told its fixed but has anyone confirmed it and seen it fixed for themselves?

yeah im glad devotions got nerfed. It really was a standout spell that you had to have and based you entire combat around in the first game. Its still really stong at 10 if you ask me

Edited by antman45454
  • Like 1

Is the damage from WotEP still the same as a 1H?

It only made sense if the blade hit twice. If it now hits once and still has 1H damage, WotEP is pretty bad.

Nerf to Turning Wheel and the speed bonus from Swift Strikes very much uncalled for. IMHO the nerf from Brilliant to Smart on the Chanter’s invocation is too much; no reason to use it now.

Other changes seems good on paper, provided that stuff no longer procs itself or stacks with itself.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Aloth's Keybreak scepter doesn't bounce to additional targets anymore, which is a heavy nerf to my Transcendent build.  Who even used scepters?  I don't think anyone considered them OP....

I run helwalker/assassin build and Aloth's scepter with swift flurry did pretty damage like killing 2-3 enemies with bouncing while killing main target in one seccond from triggered additonal attack. Swift flurry made it into assault rifle but it was still situational.

EDIT

If Swift Flurry doesn't work with ranged weapons then my build is useless right now.

Edited by Silvaren
  • Like 1

giphy.gif

If it now hits once and still has 1H damage, WotEP is pretty bad.

Even if it only has the base damage of a heavy one hander: it still hits several enemies at once with decent INT, has a longer reach than normal great swords (1.3 meters - not like a reach weapon with 1.8 but close) AND has some of the best enchantments in the game. Again the example of the 100% Riposte. You can roll a whatever/Wizard and riposte the crap out of everything around you with AoE attacks. With a Spellblade you even have the chance to riposte twice on the same miss (100% WotEP + 20% from Riposte passive). Barbs still proc Carnage on every hit it does (I guess). I can't see how that is pretty bad. It's not super OP anymore, that's correct. :) Also consider how early you get this.

I just retested my frontliner Aloth as Battlemage with it again (wears that weird but beautiful Illusion-Mask and wields WotEP) and it's still a lot of fun.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Wow, DoC Breastplate nerfed too.

Glad to see many, many changes to make things slower because slow = entertaining and fun, right?

• Like 6

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Wow, DoC Breastplate nerfed too.

Glad to see many, many changes to make things slower because slow = entertaining and fun, right?

Wait isnt DoC BP like the stample of every dps build?

Maybe not a stample, but generally  to go armour for your dps beast.

At least recovery reduction nerf i do understand.

Edited by evilcat