Hello, i suddenly found an urge to play a dual pistol build with the pirate hat! I want the quickest reload/recovery speed as possible so i was wondering if Chanters reload phraise buff stack with the rangers reload speed passive? Anyone know?

In case nobody knows, since i cannot really check the recovery/reload speed in the combat logs how can i test this properly?

Go into your inventory and check the details on the equipped weapon.  The reload speed should be highlighted in green.  If you mouse over that it will tell you all the effects that are modifying it.

Ahh /Facepalm. Thanks! =)

Keep in mind that pistol/blunderbuss recovery is currently bugged and attack frequency (animation + reload) can't exceed 3.6/s~ even if the tooltip shows that it's faster. Hoping to see a fix soon but in the mean time I suggest going 1hand for the extra accuracy/crit, you can still benefit from Gunner+Chat since you don't have +45% action speed from dual wielding + the talent.

Keep in mind that pistol/blunderbuss recovery is currently bugged and attack frequency (animation + reload) can't exceed 3.6/s~ even if the tooltip shows that it's faster. Hoping to see a fix soon but in the mean time I suggest going 1hand for the extra accuracy/crit, you can still benefit from Gunner+Chat since you don't have +45% action speed from dual wielding + the talent.

patch 1.02 did not fix that?

What a shame. Rogue has such boring abilities and the decent ones are so expensive to use.

I do know for certain that I want to be a skald tho, so dirty fighting would be nice.

Really saddening that the pistol attack frequency is bugged. Maybe I'll wait

What a shame. Rogue has such boring abilities and the decent ones are so expensive to use.

I do know for certain that I want to be a skald tho, so dirty fighting would be nice.

Really saddening that the pistol attack frequency is bugged. Maybe I'll wait

Skald also works off of melee crits, so that wouldn't work with pistols regardless. Troubador is excellent however. And yeah, that bug is really annoying and has foiled several build plans I've had. Especially when you consider the pirate theme of the game.

• Like 1

Gunner doesn't stack with the Chanter's chant which is a bug IMO. If you want the best ranged attacker try rogue+chanter instead...

Are you sure? I tested this 2 weeks ago in the beta and there it did stack: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97313-dual-weilding-pistols/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2007284

If it does not stack its a new bug.

Gunner doesn't stack with the Chanter's chant which is a bug IMO. If you want the best ranged attacker try rogue+chanter instead...

Are you sure? I tested this 2 weeks ago in the beta and there it did stack: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97313-dual-weilding-pistols/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2007284

Well, I made a chanter/ranger just to see how much I can reduce the reload speed and Gunner wasn't displayed in the weapon's tooltip... That's all I can say.

Well, I made a chanter/ranger just to see how much I can reduce the reload speed and Gunner wasn't displayed in the weapon's tooltip... That's all I can say.
You have to be in a fight to benfit from the chant. So out of combat the reduction is not visible.

You have to be in a fight to benfit from the chant. So out of combat the reduction is not visible.

Of course I was in fight. I said Gunner was not visible, not the chant bonus...

Of course I was in fight. I said Gunner was not visible, not the chant bonus...

I checked this. Both bonuses - "Gunner" and "Sure-Handed Ila" - stack. Because there are too many bonuses (with long names), not all of them can be shown in the tootltip ... like in my test for the beta. But you can check the reload time for your weapon - there you see that the time goes down with every applied effect.

I have also tested this. Gunner does stack with both components from Sure-Handed Ila chant:

07g9CMr.png

They also do stack with Gunnery (from Maia's armor) and Shootist (from Acina's Tricorn hat).

P.S. What doesn't stack is: Sure-Handed Ila (reload component) with Rushed Reload (from Pistols modal), since both are active effects and affect same ReloadTimeMultiplier.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1