RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - VISUAL NOVELS ALLOWED

This man has made a career out of being a Progressive Voice in video games. He was featured in The New York Times for speaking out against harassment. And yet. And yet and yet and yet. He harassed me out of a job. He spread lies about me after I left.

Nice, couldn't stand that ****. These people aren't progressive, they wouldn't know progress if it punched them up the arse, they're regressive authoritarians. They're far more interested in what language you use and the quota of superficial characteristics than they are in individuals and how you treat people.
  • Like 1

Nice, couldn't stand that ****. These people aren't progressive, they wouldn't know progress if it punched them up the arse, they're regressive authoritarians. They're far more interested in what language you use and the quota of superficial characteristics than they are in individuals and how you treat people.

There's also only ever one side to a story, that side is invariably 100% correct and everyone agrees with the said side. Including the wrong-doer, who then cackles under his/her evil mustache. 's why we don't need courts.

I feel like I have vague recollection of him being accused before during the GamerGate kerfuffle...

a) Everybody was accused of everything during that weirdly publicized flame war (to the point where having neither opinion nor strong feelings on it instantly made me a nazi on both sides, somehow? That actually was kind of fun.)

b) Not really defending the person in question, I'm not a big fan of mr. Portnow who always felt massively pretentious to me. It's just really difficult to defend against any kind of hearsay posted on social networks with how extremely binary reactions tend to be.

• Like 1

Yakuza 0 and Kiwami announced for PC:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/11/yakuza-series-finally-headed-pc-starting-yakuza-0-yakuza-kiwami/

Now even the Master Plebs can enjoy the best Open World series ever created :p

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Silent Assassin Suit Only Both Kills With Fish playthrough coming up :p

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

https://youtu.be/FLIUIO8RCJ8

Looks AWESOME!

Yakuza 0 and Kiwami announced for PC:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/11/yakuza-series-finally-headed-pc-starting-yakuza-0-yakuza-kiwami/

Now even the Master Plebs can enjoy the best Open World series ever created :p

PlayStation 4 haz no exclusives! :p

That is great news though, more people need to play the Yakuza games.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Hmm, Forza Horizon 4 up for preorder. It's set in the UK and apparently will finally have a track editor, then again that's what they said about FH3 as well and we know how that turned out, so we'll see about that. Now if they do something about the atrocious AI and give us a bigger map... (and get rid of the offroad garbage). Oh, and maybe fix that POS that is the Windows Store... (which arguably isn't a problem of the game, but hey, if you are only going to release through that it better not be a steaming pile of garbage)

A few more releases and they might even catch up to the features TDU had all those years ago. You know, the ones that mattered, the gameplay features, not the graphical stuff MS prefers to make a big deal out of.

Edited by marelooke

Exceptional documentary. No new information for old Monkey Island fans I suppose, I never really was one of them tho.

The world's really gone to seed when people can flaunt their heresy that out in the open. Bring the pitchforks and the tar guys.

• Like 3

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I just assume Fenix is too young to know what a huge jump the Monkey Island games were in quality. When I got my first soundcard, the first game I went to replay was Monkey Island, and it was nearly a spiritual awakening.

• Like 3

Exceptional documentary. No new information for old Monkey Island fans I suppose, I never really was one of them tho.

The world's really gone to seed when people can flaunt their heresy that out in the open. Bring the pitchforks and the tar guys.

Just glad he didn't say he liked Curse of Monkey Island.  I think Ron Gilbert gets triggered anytime someone mentions that online.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just glad he didn't say he liked Curse of Monkey Island.  I think Ron Gilbert gets triggered anytime someone mentions that online.

I loved Curse. Fight me.

• Like 1

I liked it the best, personally, but have come across some that find Monkey Island in name only, and cry out for Gilbert to deliver the TRUE Monkey Island 3 or some such bull****.  ****ing cultists of personality.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wouldn't mind a Ron Gilbert Monkey Island that explains what really happened in LeChuck's Revenge but that doesn't make Curse of Monkey Island any less hilarious. That 3D acceleration joke makes me laugh hard every time and that's not even in the game proper.

The games that came after it though, uhm. Yeah... thanks, but no thanks.

The Telltale games weren't that bad, they were enjoyable even if I didn't dig the art style that much

I think he meant The Escape from Monkey Island.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I think he meant The Escape from Monkey Island.

He wrote 'games' so seemed to imply all of the following ones.

The Telltale games weren't that bad, they were enjoyable even if I didn't dig the art style that much

It wasn't so much the artstyle or the dialogue, the gameplay and the riddles were a bit weak in my opinion. The older games weren't nearly as long but it took some more doing to figure them out. :)

edit:

And yeah, I think there's only one thing we all can agree on, Escape was... bad. =/

Edited by majestic

Just glad he didn't say he liked Curse of Monkey Island. I think Ron Gilbert gets triggered anytime someone mentions that online.

I loved Curse. Fight me.

Me too. It's between LeChuck's Revenge and Curse for my favorite in the series.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks