Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (โ‹ฎ) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gorth

Global Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gorth

  1. @BruceVC might appreciate this one. Putting it here as there aren't really any political messages in this video
  2. I thought NZ had already sold out to the Chinese... maybe its a pact between Xi and Putin on how to partition the world in spheres of influence?
  3. https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/ce9vxve994ro There was an image clearly visible as Trump spoke and said: "Look, here's burial sites all over the place. These are all white farmers that are being buried." Uh huh... But the image isn't from South Africa - it's actually from a report about women being killed in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Summed up Trumps latest act of embarrassing himself in public quite nicely for me 44 people were killed in the farming community last year. All colours added up. In a year when 26,232 people were murdered. Makes farming seem like a very safe occupation by comparison. Edit: The memorial from 2020 for the two farmers you mentioned were also mentioned in the BBC article at some point in addition to the old Reuters image from DR Congo that Trump used
  4. Why AI needs to be kept in check... ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
  5. Except of course they canโ€™t, but maga cultists never seem to let facts get in the way of a good witch hunt. Anything else requires too much critical thinking. BBC put the claims through their fact checking process and you can almost hear the groans when fact is compared to Trumps fictional word
  6. To be honest the only government sanctioned persecution of white farmers Iโ€™ve heard of was Robert Mugabeโ€™s goons and that was a different country
  7. A name I had forgotten until a movie title reminded me of the band name... a band I used to listen a lot to in the late 80's (and I have few of their CD's too, although they are probably so old they turn to plastic dust if I take them out of their cover)
  8. As bad as all this sounds and as many lives are affected negatively, I take slight comfort in this being for a limited time thing. Either term limits or end of lifespan, whichever comes first will put an end to this. What does scare me is the example it sets for those who eventually follow, especially if there are actually smart people among those vying for absolute power without accountability
  9. I would have loved to watch a debate between Musk and George Carlin about priorities in life ๐Ÿค”
  10. The ones Iโ€™m aiming for called mb-800 and mb-820 (yes, a slightly specialised subset). I had the predecessors 20 years ago when mcp was still a thing ๐Ÿ˜‚
  11. I guess people who are already predisposed towards being deranged found a tool to accelerate the process?
  12. Just a little romantic thing... warning, may feature blood, strangulation and slit throats
  13. Moved the conversation out of the politics thread... (shameless moderator power trip) It feels "odd" visiting Denmark. And I call it visiting, because I don't really feel "Danish" anymore. Nor do I feel Australian for that matter. I guess I have a bit of an identity crisis, not really feeling like I'm anything anymore ๐Ÿค” Visiting my dad and my brothers has been nice though. Spent a bit of time helping one of the replacing the roof on part of his house. It's been a long time since I climbed around like a monkey on top of a building with a battery powered buzz saw, cutting timber ๐Ÿ˜‚ I still don't have a Danish drivers license, but at least I got the equivalent of a social security number (called CPR number in Denmark), got the NemID ("Easy ID") which is a very clever system used to authenticate yourself everywhere. Council website logins, Visa/Mastercard transaction approval, Internet Banking authentication, you name it. Also got my medical insurance sorted out (so I'm covered by public healthcare). Even got an official address and a bank account, which you can't get without an confirmed address in the government database (folkeregisteret). Getting a monthly salary, paying my taxes, freezing my butt off, feeling very miserable at times because of the local climate ๐Ÿ˜– When it gets a bit warmer, the plan is to visit some of the places I used to hang out as a young man, like the town where my old highschool is (much of the town center is from 1300-1500 hundreds). Then having some Belgian waffles, ice cream and walk around on ancient cobblestones. Meanwhile, working for a Danish IT company as a consultant, spent a lot of time in training sessions, learning new stuff and hopefully add some Microsoft Certifications to my portfolio over the summer.
  14. I know it isnโ€™t really funny, but I found it hard not to chuckle when you get a form in the airplane to fill out (when transiting through a US airport) declaring if you intend to perform acts of terrorism in the US. I never had the guts to answer yes just to see what happens
  15. I'm still in Denmark and probably will be until the end of the year. The plan is then to return to Queensland (with some new skills, experience and certifications to add to my CV)
  16. I'm surprised he didn't try to blame it on Obama... For a little comedic relief (still a serious subject, mind you). How voting works in Australia
  17. About to watch episode 10 of Kannagi. Still loving it. The "love triangle", the misunderstandings and social faux pas between Nagi and Zange (goddess sisters) and Tsugumi (his childhood friend) is just too adorable. The latter accidentally blurted out that he (Jin) might be homosexual, in the middle of a school hallway. Needless to say, rumours spread and now the only way to quell such rumours is for them to show the school, that Jin has a "normal" relationship with girls (as if anything involving those three girls could ever be interpreted as normal). Next up is a Karaoke competion
  18. Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™ve heard this beforeโ€ฆ a conservative leader talking to a nationalist leader, telling us said leader doesnโ€™t want all of Czechoslovakia, just the Sudetenland, then heโ€™ll be satisfied. Makes me believe Trump has all the political savvy of Neville Chamberlain
  19. I wonder if any territorial concessions will encourage Xi to make a grab for Taiwan. If Russia can do, China can do it too
  20. Found Plastic Memories. Will watch it once I'm done with my two WIP's. A bit more than halfway through Kannagi and liking it very much. In addition started watching a new Anime, which only just had it's third episode getting released (I have only watched the first two episodes). The name is Zatsu Tabi -That's Journey- about a manga artist that gets fed up with her drafts getting rejected by publishers and decides to go on a journey, looking for inspiration. Sort of a road trip movie I guess, although it's still early days.
  21. At the risk of sitting inside an echo chamber and listening to like minded individuals, I thought this guy had some interesting points. Obviously biased, but not in the stupid category (imho).
  22. Split off from old thread I guess we look forward to another 3+ years of frequent thread splitting ๐Ÿ˜– edit: because someone is almost assured to take the troll bait coming out of the white house at least for a while yet
  23. Doesn't ring a bell. I'll take a look at it...
  24. Looks like I found an anime I can watch more than the first episode of. Almost done with episode 4 (out of 12 iirc) of Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens... No movie budget animation and soundtack like Frieren, no Monty Python surreal story like Dandadan, just the interactions between Jin and Nagi so far. The latter being a goddess (of a sort), manifesting herself in a sculpture made by Jin because her sacred tree has been felled. Of course she decides Jin, a student living in an accommodation rented by his dad, is going to be the perfect place to live for the time being, with the trouble that comes with explaining to his childhood (girl)friend, that Nagi is just a step sister that moved in. To complicate matters further, Nagi's sister and rival Zange shows up in town... As said, no action scenes, no drama scenes, just interesting characters and the oddball humour that for some reason really appeals to me (like when she accidentally super glues her improvised magic wand to the living room table) edit: Low resolution, low quality trailer... very old too. Just not much to be found out there

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.