Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gorgon

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gorgon

  1. That would be Frederik IX of course.
  2. I give you the last king of Denmark. Christian IX. They don't make em like that anymore. There's no joke or anything but.. just look at him.
  3. Most of the EGPUu adaptors I've seen are very bulky. They need their own PSU after all. Probably not something you can just lug around. And there are DYI versions without a PSU which are just the connectors, they don't enclose the card. Probably not a long term solution, one wrong tug at the wires and you break everything. It really can't take up much more space than the GPU itself and still call itself portable. I think EGPUs are mostly meant to sit at home enabling you to plug your laptop into a bigger screen, the EGPU and the charging station.
  4. Yeah I'm starting to realise it would come to twice that at least. However, with an external GPU and options, i dunno how good they are haven't used one, for compiling with GPUs. I mean that would be the point of an external GPU, you get a middle of the road laptop and spend the money on an upgradable GPU package and just lug it around with you whenever you need it.
  5. Neighbourhood of 1100 Euros, bear in mind that I don't actually have much of an idea of what laptops cost. (screw you Donald Trump for strengthing the dollar)
  6. I need it for Compiling. 3dsmax. Unreal Engine. Photoshop and the like. I cant afford (or don't want) to pay for a top of the line machine mostly because of the sense of getting so little for my money once I enter the laptop scene. With no form factor and little in the way of interchangeability producers for the high end market can get away with nearly anything. So I guess an 'expandable' is the keyword here. External GPU, maybe one of those wacom digitizer plates if a digitizer screen is too expensive. You can't run all that on battery though and at some point it all adds up and you might as well get a small form factor PC. What do I realistically have room for in my bag ?. I guess one 'thing' other than the laptop.
  7. I don't see an issue here. That are intelligent species and they can call themselves how they want. As The WItcher author Mr. Sapkowski once said we cannot shone the use of modern terms and language in fantasy because it would lead to utter nonsense. After all if the beastmen cannot call themselve Alphas and Betas how can we have a Tyrant in a world without Greece? Or Kings without Franks and so on. It's a bit like two talking dogs discussing behavioral conditioning and dog training. It's too on the nose.
  8. I guess we are all waiting for Trump to say the same thing-
  9. They are still pricey at 1 tb nomatter what you chose. I can tell the difference using my samsung pro in photoshop but only in specific instances when I am using near all my ram. So is it worth it to load a game level a few seconds faster or getting a few miliseconds more of general windows performance. probably not. A lot of people are still advocating an SSD HDD combo.
  10. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-ssds,3891.html Something like this ? I have the 512 gb Samsung 960 Pro which I free up for installations, scratch disk and so on. Win 10 is installed on an older non nand m.2. If you just want the performance boost from m.2 nand you could easily make do with less and combine with whatever old HDD you have lying around. I mean it's quite a lot for storage. On the other hand you can stick your M.2 in your laptop, which is more versatile after all.
  11. I keep thinking of that really ****ty one with morgan feeman and some black goo that gave her superpowers. Odds are they are going to screw it up. This could be the new resident evil series. I mean, it could be that bad, and they will keep making them because people will go see Scarlet like they did Mila, no matter what.
  12. I'm in it for the eyes wide shut parties.
  13. He will shut you down if you try to keep him from getting the truth out !
  14. Well that sucks.
  15. I think we'd be best served by four healthy and roughly equal political parties vying for the tiller. The advantages are numerous. Mostly it's simply that without a majority for a specific bit of proposed legislation the method is a round of cross party talks. The parties can then leverage their votes for influence. Cross party cooperation is automatic and individual parties get to claim their contribution as a win for their base. It tends to promote centrism and dissuade wing nuts. It also makes stunts like holding the budget for ransom less likely. If you can have influence even though you are not part of a majority voting block that also means that your base will not accept you to simply sabotage everything.
  16. http://imgur.com/gallery/3CSZ2 http://i.imgur.com/lu718YP.mp4
  17. It was largely a cutscene romance so it didn't bother me. I mean I didn't have to into the tunnels and gather 30 rare ingots to get to the next stage.
  18. It will be interesting to see what happens when Trump voters get the same sense of abject disappointment democrats did after 4 years of Obama. No great 'Change', no revolution, very little of what was promised. Just business as usual. They don't seem the forgiving sort.
  19. Think the press blackout on Dishonoured 2 is turd polishing or just new policy ? The cup game as it were, always leave em guessing.
  20. Don't underestimate angry old men, they all vote.
  21. Maybe it won't be so bad. You can just let him fly around in airforce one and pardon some turkeys and the white haired fellow who doesn't seem quite so mad can run things.
  22. Nooooooooooo l had money on you you silly cow !!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.