Everything posted by Gorgon
-
Spore is out, and cracked, on the internets.
Oh no question, I'm just saying that the way out of this is through improved technology, not giving the people who actually pay the shaft. By 'later on' I mean a couple of years down the line on new hardware. I still have the BG series, it's handy for putting on laptops which can't handle anything more demanding. It's extremely limited what you actually 'own' as a result of your investment in one of these game license scams.
-
Spore is out, and cracked, on the internets.
That kind of license might be acceptable if you paid a fraction of the full cost, but paying full price and then not being able to replay later on, and having to worry about the number of installs you have done. I'd say it was your civic duty to get the pirated version. Not that I'm going to get either, doesn't look like my kind of thing at all.
-
Painkiller.
Continued in my late series of game acquisitions is this rather old and seemingly uninteresting shooter. If you haven't picked this up from the bargain bin, do, it's hilarious. Your stake gun has a rocket launcher attachment, because, why not. There's no reload button, there's no time to reload. It's sort of a throwback to the arcade games where you shoot at the screen with a plastic gun, constantly an overwhelming amount of targets to shoot at. To get the full experience crank up the crappy metal soundtrack and have copious amounts of cola at the ready. Not worth full money, but good for short gaming sessions. For my money it owns Hellgate London completely.
-
Project Origin becomes FEAR 2
Yeah, that one encounter you get isn't bad per se, at least on par with Halflife.
-
Project Origin becomes FEAR 2
If I couldn't do that I'd have nothing to say.
-
Project Origin becomes FEAR 2
I wonder if it's going to be the same encounter 10.000 times interspaced with lame ghost mumbo jumbo cutscenes you can't skip.
-
Correcting rumors about Sarah Palin
Bush isn't really a conservative Christian, he just plays one on TV. Yes, but that also means he has to put out once in a while. Hand jobs alone won't ensure the base stays intact.
-
Correcting rumors about Sarah Palin
I seems about as intelligent as the Catholic church preaching abstinence before marriage and no birth control to solve the AIDS crisis in Africa. More poignantly, it's the same refusal to allow reality to interfere with principle, or doctrine. Personally I don't even know where to begin communicating with people who mix religion and politics.
-
Total War Series.
Does anyone know when the new installment is due
-
Gothic 3
Either is fine, just do it well.
-
Gothic 3
Different folks, different strokes of course, there is no right or wrong, but I will never understand the fawning for Daggerfall either. It's from when 3D could not be anything but mindbogglingly terrible DOS graphics, so, why even try, stick with 2d instead. Sand boxing is fine, I like not being dragged along by the scruff of the neck trying to catch up with some developer's grand vision of a plot, but if there's nothing else going on the whole exercise becomes pointless. Shivering isles was actually very good, I dare all the Oblivion haters here to hold it up against Daggerfall.
-
Gothic 3
I don't care about glitzy graphics, I care about quality, continuity, that could just as well be achieved in 2d, but when I see bad combat, bad voice acting and bad d3 all in the first minutes of a game. Well, after I got instagibed by the same giant wasp twice I lost the inclination to restart. Incidentally I also played HALO for 10 minutes and quit, but that's a whole other pile of garbage.
-
Computer cooling
Well there are fans in most water cooled systems as well, typically one mounted near the CPU, those can be annoyingly loud as well.
-
Dead Space Gets Internationally Banned
I think the view is that a computer game is not an art form, and therefore they don't think the usual freedoms on artistic expression apply.
-
Spore is out, and cracked, on the internets.
Sounds like the game is so piss poor the greatest worry is that people will have a chance to play it before they buy it. Remember back when every self respecting game had a demo.
-
Gothic 3
I think I had my fill of farming during my stint as a MMOGpheger.
-
Spore!
They make a lot of money though
-
Raid Arrays
So, I would need 4 HDs for raid 1+0. I think I'll just buy another HD of the same make and put raid off for now. Money is kinda tight.
-
Good Old Games
I played through Thief 2 Deadly Shadows on Gametap, no complaints, it seemed to work fine, it has a limited free mode where they tease you with related games you would have to pay for. The cost is negligible though.
-
Raid Arrays
Well if your files aren't at least two places at the same time you aren't really protected. Drives fail all the time. Well not all the time, but all those horror stories of lost work exist for a reason.
-
Raid Arrays
So do you lose all the extra storage space you get with multiple HDDs with arrays, how about partitioning does that work. adding a slice of each of your HDDs to give to for instance, the windows paging file.
-
Raid Arrays
Can someone explain to me what the great wonder of a raid array is. Does it take several HDDs and treat them as one, scattering file segments all over the place. I have heard some reports of a critical error meaning data loss on all of the drives in an array. Part of the reason I have more than one drive is to have some protection against mechanical failure. Is there any real gain, considering that HDDs are hopelessly slow no matter what.
-
Gothic 3
I was expecting something better than oblivion as regards feel and immersion. I dunno, maybe I should give the game a chance, but clunky 3d is not my thing.
-
Gothic 3
Yes, but wasn't it supposed to be impressive as far as the world and graphics and physics and such, it looks pretty bland, combat animations are boring, the stock guy you play as looks like a dork, etc.
-
Gothic 3
I just bought this game, played it for all of 10 minutes, mostly walking around robbing people's chests. This game is not up to par, why was I not warned. I blame you all. I distincly remember a few positive remarks. Are you all on drugs or something. The physics and animations are mid 90s. Is there a gothic 4. Did I get the old version ..