Everything posted by mkreku
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
I love how Piranha Bytes continues the great European trend of "good games with unsellable names". ELEX. It's short for Eclectic, Lavish, Exhilarating and Xenial. Really. I'll still buy it of course, as the sucker I am.
-
Dragon Age: Inquisition vs The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
I played The Witcher and didn't like it at all. Never finished it. I played The Witcher 2 and I got pretty far (maybe even finished, not sure), but I didn't really like that either. Except for the graphics. The Witcher 3, however.. It's not at all like the previous chapters in the series. It's still the same world and the same main character, but the storytelling, quest design and game world have evolved hugely. It's a better game in every aspect and it's actually quite intriguing to see how fast CD Project Red are growing as developers. The weird thing is that despite the technical marvel and artistic grandeur, I'm still the most impressed by the writing. I dislike Bioware products with a passion because of their "kiosklitteratur", "tantporr" writing (not sure how to translate that, but kiosklitteratur is cheap books written with the distinct purpose of appealing to as many people as possible, tantporr is.. erotica written for older, prudish women and Bruce). The Witcher 3 feels like real writing where someone has put thought into the story, the characters, the dialogue and the general structure. They haven't tried to please everyone and some of the stuff you encounter is annoying, disturbing and frustrating. Just like it should be! Also, the white knights of the forum keeps bleating on about how nudity is not maturity. Well, I say it is, but not for the obvious reason (boobs). It's mature in the way that CD Project Red doesn't give a **** what you, the prude american audience or anyone else thinks. They've written the story and characters they wanted, regardless of current political trends. To me, that's a sign of maturity. I usually hate games where you're forced to have companions because they're so bad as to be distracting (all Bioware games). In The Witcher 3 I look forward to interacting with some of the characters! For me that is the highest accolade I can give to writing in a game. Tl;dr: Buy The Witcher 3. It's good.
-
Dragon Age: Inquisition vs The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Love these completely unnecessary and passionate rants.
-
Unleash the Fury ("Unleach" mkreku? Really?)
Review on Guru3D: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_radeon_r9_fury_x_review,1.html Conclusion: Slower than GTX980Ti at lower resolutions, Titan X-like performance at Ultra-HD. Also, AMD seems to have completely eliminated the frame pacing problem with the Fury X. Yeah, I was hoping for more. I'll skip this generation.
- The Men With Large Packages Thread
-
Dragon Age: Inquisition vs The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
That.. was not a difficult choice. Especially considering I never played Dragon Age: Inquisition. YOU CAN'T STOP ME!!
- Unleash the Fury ("Unleach" mkreku? Really?)
- Unleash the Fury ("Unleach" mkreku? Really?)
- Unleash the Fury ("Unleach" mkreku? Really?)
-
Unleash the Fury ("Unleach" mkreku? Really?)
So.. the first reviews of the new Radeon Fury X are starting to come in. Like this one from Tom's Hardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-radeon-r9-fury-x,4196.html Conclusion: Same price as the GTX980Ti, same performance as GTX980Ti. Better energy consumption (!), lower noise, cooler form factor. I like. But I will not buy. Edit: AAAHH! SOMEONE FIX MY TITLE TYPO! I'M SO ASHAMED!
-
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2015]
I had to check after reading your time scores: I've played 160 something hours. I just met Crach an Craite on Skellige.
-
Fallout 4 is coming!
I think it looks absolutely fantastic. I was worrying about where they would take the franchise. I mean, personally I didn't see any obvious paths forward from the last two games. More of the same? Sure, I would buy it, but people would be disappointed. Better graphics? Again, sure, it's nice to have, but if that would have been all everyone would have been disappointed. Very interesting to see how this plays. Trailers can only show you so much. And it's out in November! That's amazing to me! No more 2-4 year waits for newly announced games. It's out in a few months! Great job, Bethesda! Ps. If you've already said, in this very thread, how much Bethesda/Fallout 4 sucks, feel free to not comment again. If you think it sucks, you've already said everything we need to hear from you. Saying it over and over with slightly different wording is just trolling.
-
STEAM!
I never got Wolfenstein to work. The few moments I got it to run, it felt like 20-30 fps and that's unplayable to me. No matter what settings I put on the graphics. But I found something else to buy! Alice: Madness Returns at 78% off (or around 20 SEK in Sweden, less than a burger). Woo!
-
STEAM!
I tried that "game" they have for the summer sale. Apparently you're supposed to click on monsters. And that's it. Click click click. So I downloaded an automatic mouse clicker program, set it to clicking 100 times per second and went to town. Made a few hundred million in gold, bought a few upgrades and then it crashed. Not sure what to think about that.
-
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2015]
To be honest, I wouldn't have minded if the game had no combat at all and all you did was travel from place to place and played Gwent. It's so much fun to try to build your deck and find new opponents to beat. I've played for 100+ hours and yesterday I finally went to Skellige for the first time. It was a whole new world and a whole lot more Gwent opponents. Woo! Btw, now I understand why that level 26 High Stakes Gwent quest was so hard.. I have basically doubled my deck strength since then. I think you were supposed to enter that tournament a bit later than I did. Oh, and my favourite character so far has been Corrine Tilly. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
-
What are you playing now?
Yeah, it sure is. I started it too and it crashed during the tutorial :/
-
STEAM!
Yeah, summer sale.. Far Cry 4 with 40% discount on Steam: 331 SEK Far Cry 4 at my local store, physical copy: 299 SEK Shadow of Mordor, 30% discount on Steam: 322 SEK Shadow of Mordor, local store, physical copy: 227 SEK. Steam sales aren't very good, to be honest. Unless you're shopping for the same games five years in a row.
-
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2015]
I would have agreed with you if everything was marked beforehand (like in Fallout 3), but they're not. There are no arrows anywhere, the map markers are actually invisible until you read about them on a village board, and some map markers are not visible until you happen upon them. At first I thought the exploration would be boring with all the map markers, but then I realized that there's a lot of things out there that you have to find on your own and now I love it.
-
WOT post count towards "Regular" post count?
You are. Now we know two things: 2leet fails at life and Amentep fails at math. (~800 hours/3878 days = 0.2 hours per day)
-
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2015]
Wait, was the cave troll a DLC? Oh, that's weird. I just found a hole in the ground, jumped down and a troll attacked. I wiped the floor with him and a quest was updated. I never realized it was the free DLC.
-
Chris Avellone leaves Obsidian
To be honest, I don't think CD Project Red needs Chris. I've actually cared for some of the stories in The Witcher 3, they have managed to frighten me by setting the mood just using dialogue, they've managed to make pixels on a screen sexy and they've made me laugh out loud from surprise when their understated humour has been more clever than I expected from a video game. Bethesda on the other hand.. I feel they have the skills to make really cool video games technically, but.. An experienced writer would certainly help them.
-
Chris Avellone leaves Obsidian
RPG Codex caught it first ^^ Oh yeah? Well, did RPG Codex get THIS: DIDN'T THINK SO!015
-
Chris Avellone leaves Obsidian
I don't think he is leaving the industry. Maybe he got offered a lot of money somewhere else. Bethesda? He would be needed there, for sure.
-
Chris Avellone leaves Obsidian
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-09-chris-avellone-leaves-obsidian-entertainment I did not see that coming. It's on his Twitter.
- Fallout 4 is coming!