Everything posted by mkreku
-
Release date
No matter how we look at it, it's still a long way to go. And I have nothing to play now that Fallout 3 is out of my system.
-
Composer?
I wish they would copy the sound design from STALKER. Not much music at all, that is. I really hope the music is at least VERY toned down when I am on a stealth mission. Radio channels is also a great idea (see Fallout 3) as you can switch them around or turn them off at will. By the way, I absolutely loved the guys playing guitar around the campfires in STALKER. I know I keep harping on about it, but that was such a genius move by the developers.. How often in a game do you stop playing and just enjoy standing around and listen to the surroundings? Very seldom for me!
-
Developer Diary video
It's on Gametrailers in HD too! http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43180.html I noticed one thing that I don't like. When Thorton hits a security guard with his fists in one scene, there's a small cloud of blood coming out from the impact. I don't like that at all. Why not make it white instead? Like when a boxer is covered in sweat and is hit with a really solid blow and the sweat from his head forms this little cloud around him for a split second? It just doesn't look right with blood coming out of people from every little right hook..
-
NHL
I remember when Ovechkin and Malkin were drafted (Ovechkin ranked first with Malkin second) and some experts in Europe were, "But the question is if Malkin doesn't have more potential than Ovechkin after all". I thought they were nuts, after seeing Ovechkin bulldoze his way through one Junior World Championship (where he had two hattricks and something like 14 points in seven games..). I'm glad I didn't bet anything on that I wonder what their national team is going to be like with Malkin, Ovechkin and Semin. Ok, Kovalchuk may fit in there somewhere too. And S. Kozlov. AAIIH!
-
New Dragon Age Walkthrough videos
Gamespot posted a new Dragon Age video again, this time a Q&A with someone called Dan Tudge: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/dragonage/n...topslot;thumb;1 Didn't watch it myself but figured someone here would be interested.
-
What you did today
I DEMAND THAT THIS FILTH BE BANNED! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
-
What would be the dream KOTOR PC?
Ok, ONE correction: You had confused the flash sticks with the RAM. The RAM is the computer's memory. Flash sticks are like CD's.. or DVD's. They are a storage media and are kept outside the computer. The RAM is mounted inside the computer case and once they're there, you'll never see them again. By the way, flash memory sticks are VERY cheap right now. You might as well go for a 32 GB one, like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820134801 That way you'll definitely not run out of mobile storage space for a while!
-
What would be the dream KOTOR PC?
This works. But it's a Bokishi solution (aka. throw-your-money-in-the-lake solution). The suggestions we've been giving would deliver something like 10-20% less performance, but for half the price. Tough choice, huh?
-
Games with good atmosphere
The first game that came to mind was STALKER. After that System Shock 2. Guess I'm not very helpful in this thread..
-
NHL
Steen is a solid two-way player who's never quite blossomed as an offensive forward. I personally never liked Colaiacovo much and the Leafs actually have decent depth in their defence ranks anyhow. I think this was a pretty good move.. not that I've ever noticed Stempniak in any game but judging from what I've read about him. Now bring back Sundin and we're good to go! I hope.
-
What would be the dream KOTOR PC?
The hard drive is a really fast one from Samsung that's called Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB (1000 GB). It's a good choice no matter how you look at it. Best value for your money AND great performance, relatively silent and low heat. What we agree on is that the GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 graphics processor is your best choice among Nvidia's offers right now. BUT, I only suggested the brand eVGA because they've been getting good reviews. You could also choose to buy a card with the same Nvidia graphics processor from ASUS, XFX, Gainward, Gigabyte, MSI or any other third party manufacturer if you wish. Just make sure they are also called Gefore GTX 260 Core 216. For example: Same graphics processor from Gigabyte: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814125241 Same graphics processor from XFX: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814150329 Same graphics processor from Galaxy (whatever that is..): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814162023 Same graphics processor from BFG: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814143157 These examples all use the same Nvidia graphics processor, just built by different manufacturers. Choose the one you like. I still recommend eVGA. I'm not that hot on monitors (I usually go with Samsung's latest) so the other guys have to agree on that one.
-
Best racing games
Race Driver GRID. Great game.
-
Accumulated Alpha Protocol Information
A spy without stealth is like a soldier without a weapon.. or an actor without an audience.. or Britney without a scandal.. IT JUST DOESN'T COMPUTE!!
-
Developer Diary video
Keep in mind that this is a cross-platform title. What you're describing would probably work well with a mouse, but it would be nightmare on a gamepad. Very true. But I see this as a PC game first and a bad console port second :D
-
Best racing games
We used to play an old racing game called Screamer 2 on the school computers back in the day. It would probably be very difficult to make it work on today's computers (especially with 3DFx support..), but it's a ton of fun in multiplayer over LAN! Meaty cars, brutal crashes, excellent engine sounds and a great sense of speed. Oh, and it supports split screen racing on one computer too, if you want to be able to elbow your opponent in real time :D
-
What would be the dream KOTOR PC?
Ok, here's the consensus so far: Me and Spider and Samm agree on the processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400. Me and Spider agree on the hard drive: Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB. Me and Spider agree on the memory sticks: 2x2 GB Corsair 800MHz RAM. Me and Samm agree on the video card: Geforce 260 Core 216 (I suggested eVGA as the brand to buy). The motherboard is always the most difficult part to choose so I suspect we won't come to a consensus on that one. But you want an Nvidia video card, so make sure you choose an Nvidia based motherboard too, if you want to use SLI (which is not as complicated as it sounds). The computer case is a matter of taste. Do you like lots of blue neon lights? Go with Spider's suggestion. Do you like more discrete computer cases? Go with my suggestion. The most important part of the case is the power supply (PSU) unit anyhow. Just make sure it's at least 500W strong and from a trusted brand and you'll be fine. The DVD burner/card reader doesn't matter into the equation. They're all basically the same so you can't go wrong with those.
-
NHL
Gee, well done, Leafs, dropping two goals in the last period before losing in over-time. Now that's how you blow a play-off spot!
-
Developer Diary video
They really should play Dungeon Lords! They may not have gotten much right in that game, but the lock pick minigame was one of them. When you pick locks, a bar moves across a series of icons, highlighting them. When certain key icons are highlighted, you have to quickly click them. At low skill levels, the bar moves very quickly, making it damn difficult to hit the right icons. Higher levels slow the bar down considerably (unfortunately in Dungeon Lords case too slow, as having high lock pick levels meant you had to wait a long time for the bar to move to the last key icon). Still, it was fun, it really mixed player skill and character skill and it never made it possible to become so good at it that character skill became meaningless (like in Oblivion/Fallout 3).
-
What would be the dream KOTOR PC?
$1500 to run KotOR? Uh, OK.. Overkill is the word that comes to mind. Anyhow! I did a quick build at Newegg.com that I know will work with KotOR.. (and Starcraft 2.. and Crysis..): $165: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819115037 $175: eVGA LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813188026 $55: CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 SDRAM 800 MHz: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820145184 $245: eVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB DDR3: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814130400 $110: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822152102 $130: Antec Sonata III case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811129024 = $880 - $60 mail-in rebate: $820 total. Since you seem to prefer Nvidia, I chose the best card for the money and a trusted brand for the GPU among Nvidia's offers. The motherboard is also Nvidia based so you get the SLI support. You could easily up the performance by 50-80% by adding another (exactly alike) GPU. You'd still be way below $1500, even though you'd need to switch the PSU (and, subsequently, case) to a stronger one. Another way of adding more performance is to buy faster RAM. Go with a 1066 MHz pair instead of the 800 MHz I provided in my example and you'll get slightly more performance. Not really worth the price difference though. No use buying 3 GB, even though XP doesn't support more than 3 GB. Price difference isn't worth it and you may want to switch OS at a later time. Yet another way of adding more performance in a more general way is to add another (exactly alike) hard drive and RAID them. Lots of choices, really, when you have a $1500 budget. Still.. this would get you started. The CPU (which you had already found yourself) and GPU are solid choices at least, according to your criteria. PS. The DVD burner is like $30 and a card reader even less so I didn't bother to add them into the equation.
-
Fallout 3
Actually, I saw now that the post I thought I was replying to was cut off. This part: This is where the muzzle velocity reference belongs. Anyhow, it's still a question of kinetic energy and how well the bullet manages to transfer that energy to the target. There are (of course) several factors determining how much damage a shot does, barrel length being one of them, what sort of jacket the bullet has another, and even the quality of the weapon a third. Even the amount of bore in the barrel can determine the amount of damage a bullet does. Too little and there's a risk the bullet starts to tumble in the air (thus losing huge amounts of energy and precision), too much.. and I don't know what happens :D ANYHOW, even though the question is a bit complex, it's not surprising AT ALL that two different weapons firing the same cartridge can have different damage outputs.
-
Fallout 3
Huh? You really should know this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muzzle_velocity Barrel length can affect the kinetic energy transmitted to the bullet. Thankyou for the wikipedia page. I never knew what muzzle velocity was until you linked a wiki page for me. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer. Love it when people try to act smart by being condescending.. Yeah, I'm sure you know much more than the people writing the articles on Wikipedia, you just don't want anyone to know that by asking questions even an idiot wouldn't. Clever move.
-
Fallout 3
Huh? You really should know this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muzzle_velocity Barrel length can affect the kinetic energy transmitted to the bullet.
-
Developer Diary video
It's supported, but I'm pretty sure they still have to do a lot of work to get it in the game. Just like the Unreal Engine 3 is supposed to support streaming maps, yet all that's been released are corridor shooters (basically) so far. Maybe it just supports tiny amounts of streaming, just enough to load one single long corridor on the fly?
-
Developer Diary video
It looks really good! I am still getting strong Deus Ex vibes from this! I know I'm probably mistaken, but still.. It works for me :D
-
Kiro-chan to be your next moderator!
What?! I've been lobbying for that position for YEARS! It's DEFINITELY my turn now!! Seriously, this place needs a counter-weight to Walshingham.