Everything posted by Lexx
-
Random video game news... video random news game
I haven't played Outer Worlds 2, but I can tell you why I stopped playing Avowed. It's not that I didn't like the game or something - I thought the world looked nice, and I like the Pillars setting. Using sword and pistol was cool too. But something in the game didn't feel "organic" to me. It felt more like I was running through a checklist. Groups of monsters in expected places, with expected behavior, with expected paths for how I solve things. Then the expected loot chests with expected loot. At the end of the day, it felt formulaic to me, like so many other new Obsidian games. Sure it makes them less buggy, but also somewhat more boring to play. Can't really tell you what they would need to do to make it feel less like that to me, though. Maybe I would have liked it more if it were similar in style to PoE1 and 2, though Deadfire already started with the formulaic approach. It just somehow got worse after that? No idea. Maybe not every quest needs to have the same different 4 approaches to solve them. It's ok if there's stories that can't be solved by everyone or only a certain way - as long as it feels like it makes sense.
- Random video game news... video random news game
- Random video game news... video random news game
-
The TV and Streaming Thread: Enough episodes for syndication
tbh I don't think I've ever seen the end. The last one or two seasons were pretty bad as well (where they moved into the town?).
-
The TV and Streaming Thread: Enough episodes for syndication
I loved the original show, because it was so simple and somewhat easy. This trailer feels weirdly over dramatic.
- Random video game news... video random news game
-
The New All Things Political Topic
If one thing is obvious now then that Iran doesn't need nukes to get america to its knees. The strait of hormuz is a way better tool than any nuke could ever be.
-
Obituary thread
Oliver Tree died in a helicopter crash. 😭 It's weird, this is probably the first time ever that a celeb death really hurt me. He was very relatable, charismatic and just an all around good guy.
-
The All Things Political Topic
They are school yard bullies grown old. The only way of solving conflicts they know is violence. Of course they want to strengthen the military. Probably already planning how to oppress everyone they don't like with force.
- Random video game news... video random news game
-
The All Things Political Topic
I am completely out of the loop. Haven't watched news about any of this in weeks now. Is the straight still closed? Is that war still going on?
-
The All Things Political Topic
Bro, the whole thing is political by nature.
- Random video game news... video random news game
- Random video game news... video random news game
-
The TV and Streaming Thread: Enough episodes for syndication
Started watching Rooster. I'm in ep5 now, really liking it so far.
-
Anime and Manga - New Season
I stumbled over Witch Hat Atelier and watched it the last 2 days. Feels pretty nice to me. I like the art style and mood of it.
-
Forum Comments and Issues Repository
Same here. On some pages I am logged in, on other pages I'm not. It's like that for a few days now. Quite annoying tbh.
-
What are you Playing Now? Volume XX: It all Begins Again
Finished Mixtape. Pretty good experience. Though it's less a game and more some sort of interactive story, I guess. The visuals are very nice. They kinda copied Life is Strange but made it feel like its own thing, which is great. Makes me feel nostalgic for a time that I never even experienced. It's like those 90s inspired artworks where if you have lived through the 90s, you recognize all the details, but it just wasn't like that if you get what I mean. Anyways. pretty good. Would like to have more. Best part: No super powers. Holy ****. Is that even possible? A teenage drama game without special super human abilities? Yes, yes it is. The characters are remembering things from the past, and because of that, everything is kinda dream-like and open for interpretation. IMO it's well done. Really hope there will be some more in the future.
-
What You've Done Today...or yesterday...or what you are doing RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!!
tbh I haven't used my Kindle in forever. Since I have a Samsung Galaxy+ thingy (with big screen), I found it just as good to read books on it than on my old kindle. No need for two devices, really. Before I had the big screen mobile phone, I was reading on my tablet - was fine as well, and in color, so comics and such were possible as well.
-
The All Things Political Topic
None of this would be necessary if all of the traitors would have been send to jail after Jan 6.
-
Cinema and Movie Thread: coming 2 a theater near u
Well that just means it's not going to be a garbage movie.
- Random video game news... video random news game
-
Cinema and Movie Thread: coming 2 a theater near u
Is this related to the games? Doesn't look like it at all.
- Random video game news... video random news game
- Random video game news... video random news game