Everything posted by alanschu
-
Is a PST remake really that unfeasible?
No.... Darque > Gabs "
-
What are you playing now?
Unfortunately....I did not see this block of text until after acquiring said game. Oh well. It's been fun so far.
- Bloodlines
- PS3 costs Sony $800 ?
-
Movies you've seen lately
You just don't pay for it. No shame in that "
-
Of Troika
O RLY = silly "fad" that ranks up there with l33tsp34k and 'pwned' Hudson is forever.
-
Intuitive Rules - 2nd Ed. AD&D vs. D&D 3E/3.5
Well, the ironic thing is that swords were still typically used as stabbing weapons in combat...especially larger scale combats.
-
Of Troika
Game over man!
-
Movies you've seen lately
I would bet the new Indy has a "passing of the torch" type theme. Dr. Jones is getting pretty up there in age....and you can only keep it in the 30s for so long.
-
teh Smallville thread
Amen brother!
-
Winter Olympics
That actually doesn't surprise me. I felt the Russians would be strong and would do better than the USA. Though both pools have their share of wackiness going on.
-
teh Smallville thread
Hehe. That would be interesting. The one thing I always loved is how insecure Clark is with Lana, because he's different. Though it seems as though every person out there is an absolute freak in that town. We've had people splitting into two, electroman, etc. etc. Clark is pretty normal
-
PS3 costs Sony $800 ?
I'd bet that the ratio of crap:good is probably pretty common between the platforms. In any case, one cannot possibly say that there is more crap on the PC than on the console, simply because of the sheer volume of console games. Quality controls? I remember Nintendo had them back in the NES days. Doesn't stop people from releasing some absolute **** titles for the consoles.
-
teh Smallville thread
I do remember that. But so much in Smallville seems to just be episodic, and not really carry on to next episodes.
-
PS3 costs Sony $800 ?
Come on Paladin....you could say that most of the console games are crap too.
-
PS3 costs Sony $800 ?
Then that is your shortfall, not the PCs. Still not sure how that relates when you can download it when sleeping. But if you can handle missing out on stuff because of a tiny download, then have at 'er. I prefer to not deny myself any opportunity.
-
teh Smallville thread
Yes, Lionel is Jor-El. Been Jor-El since last season. He's trying to be Clark's father. We still don't know what was on that picture... <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Heh, I completely missed that.
-
PS3 costs Sony $800 ?
You won't get 100% out of your consoles for 5 years. This can easily be shown just by looking at the graphical quality of a console's first generation games compared to their last generation games. As for a long time patching, not sure why a 5 hour download is a big deal. I typically do those downloads while I'm either sleeping....or browsing internet forums. The thing I like about it in WoW is that it often results in new content. And I got my first mousewheel in 2000. A friend of mine had his since 1998.
-
Another happy customer....
So what's he saying?
-
PS3 costs Sony $800 ?
Meh, I'd wager it filled their pockets moreso than drove things forward. Given their track record, I'd wager that they still would be coming out with the stuff now. Though it would have allowed them to acquire outside IP. I don't recall when the 3dfx buyout happened.
-
teh Smallville thread
- teh Smallville thread
Hmmm...I think I prefer Lois over Lana. Not as much of a Kristen Kruek fan anymore. Oh, I just saw the most recent one...Lionel knows!- PS3 costs Sony $800 ?
Aside from MMPORGs I've never done that. Most MP is saturday afternoon FIFA stuff or just the family playing something. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I just played through System Shock 2 with a friend this past weekend. It was great fun!- PS3 costs Sony $800 ?
Actually, you'll laugh at this, it was Nvidia screwing xbox. And it was well documented. The xbox had a special chip that they paid through the nose for the entire run of the unit. Which is why they refused to go through Nividia on the 360. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Hehe, bold move by nVidia.- PS3 costs Sony $800 ?
The people that you play against online don't have to be faceless either. The most fun I have playing online is with my friends. And we often use VOIP to trashtalk. The only thing that's different is that we're not actually in the same room. - teh Smallville thread