Everything posted by alanschu
-
The future's leaving change behind
I've heard of bridges that let you use an RFID tag to pay your toll, so as you drive by it just charges you. I do think that, as this type of technology becomes more and more accessible, the ability to counter illegal spending sprees will also improve. I mean, already I am not responsible for merchandise purchased by my credit card if stolen...though the supplier is still SOL.
-
Bloodlines
I found Presence useless. I don't think I ever used it actually. If I did it was in 2004. I'd suggest skipping it personally.
-
Bloodlines
Is presence the one that weakens all around you?
-
The What's Wrong With This Picture? Thread!
Wasn't there actually a good explanation for the binocular pic?
-
The future's leaving change behind
You can also save money by not having to pay people/equipment to make it. Hysteria over information theft and all that continues to increase as well, but as you indicated with the movment/spending tracking, they are already capable of doing that. I guess the concern is that it becomes even easier.
-
Mythic structure in RPGs/video games in general
Oh, I definitely do not think it would work from a "you buy my product, and we'll continue to improve it" type model. More from a "hey, help us test our games for free" type model
-
Bloodlines
For hordes of easy bad guys, I still used melee weapons with my gun build. It's not much of an issue though, as blood buff gives you the ability to use almost any weapon effectively.
-
Mythic structure in RPGs/video games in general
Thinking about it a bit more, I can see how it could be very useful for interface issues especially. Level progression issues, game mechanics, rules, etc. could probably all be successfully done in an iterative testing environment.
-
Mythic structure in RPGs/video games in general
I can't see how it could be used, when dealing with anything story related. I suppose ideas for types of character interactions may be iterative. Don't use your story perse, but have different, short stories that demonstrate your idea for NPC interaction and receive critiques like that though.
-
The future's leaving change behind
I don't see it as being bad. I know there are those out there that feel this will only strengthen the government's hold on us and whatnot, and help promote big brother....but I'm a skeptical of it going that far.
-
Mythic structure in RPGs/video games in general
Exactly.
-
Winter Olympics
No arguments. Those guys fly down those hills at speeds that make me drop my pants.
-
Mythic structure in RPGs/video games in general
Ah. Hehe, the true test-driven, extreme programming. I didn't think that that was necessarily what meta was suggesting, but fair enough. I'd be very surprised if they didn't iteratively test single player games in house though.
-
Winter Olympics
Pffft, Aamodt Schmaamodt
-
Mythic structure in RPGs/video games in general
Azarkon, what exactly are you trying to say? It seems initially like you were trying to say iterative testing cannot be done in RPGs, or something to that effect. I had some stuff to say about your most recent post, but I want to be certain that I understand your point before I reply.
-
Pics of your Games
Barbarossa push. Manstein's progress in the Northern part. Guderian attempts to encircle the city of Kiev.
-
Post your desktop!
Sooooo, where exactly is the Bulk of the US population located?
-
Winter Olympics
I laughed my ass off when I heard that.
-
Atari to Sell Studios
Those things that saved Brian were particularly humourous, in a WTF sort of way.
-
Jade Empire Is A Big Fat Financial Failure!!!
Before it's closed...lockdown!
-
Mythic structure in RPGs/video games in general
Well, Driv3r was intensely popular.....sales wise.
-
Atari to Sell Studios
Were those the things that picked up Brian when he fell from the Tower?
-
Mythic structure in RPGs/video games in general
At the same time though, if a game is great and has crap graphics, no one will play it either. Just speculating, but I bet bad games with great graphics would ultimately sell better, on the whole, than good games with crap graphics.
-
NHL
Rangers can't do anything to the Olympics. The NHL teams agreed to allow their players to compete in the Olympics. Besides, I think the NHL is the ones on the bad end of that contract they signed with the IIHF back in 1996 to allow NHL players to compete. The NHL has already handicapped teams that have to go through the preliminaries, by not releasing players to compete. As a result, these teams have to make decisions about their Olympic rosters, because if they want to field NHL players, they have to recognize that these players will not be available for the preliminary rounds. In July 2005, the NHL, NHLPA, and IIHF agreed to continue the arrangement, allowing players to compete in the Olympics. If the owners are too worried about their players getting hurt, they should never have agreed to it. Some people are speculating that the NHL agreed to it because of the Salt Lake City arrangement in 2002. There wasn't as much owner grumbling then as there is now. Perhaps the main reason why they agreed again is because of Vancouver 2010. Perhaps not surprisingly, deputy NHL Commissioner has heavy reservations about whether or not the NHL involvement in the Olympics will continue past 2010. Much like most contracts, I feel that if the NHL agrees to allow players to compete, they should be held accountable. Funny to see Volourn defending the owners though, who "treat the players like slaves and commodities," when it's clear the player can choose not to go if he does not want to.
-
Atari to Sell Studios
Or woman! <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Man as in homo sapien