Update 3.02 Beta is Live

In a parallel universe, looking very similar to this one, the community posts in outrage over open bugs while Obsidian sits on a patch due to unfinished release notes.

It must be nice, wanting to have it both ways. 

• Like 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Personally, I'm curious if there's any rough estimate on when the devs think that 3.02 will go live.  This week?  Next week?  The week after that?

Let's at least get the patch notes first, then we can ask when it'll go live.

Personally, I'm more concerned with the release date than the patch notes.  Patch notes do little for me now (because I'm not playing the beta version, so I don't really care all that much about knowing what's in the update to compare with how it performs).  Having some sense of when the patch goes live is of more interest and value to me.

Yeah, well in order to derive reasonable value out of the beta process, pretty sure folks need to know what to look for. Patch notes are pretty key for that.

So, you should care about the patch notes at least in so far as they are a key dependency in completing a successful beta test. And this will directly play into when the patch goes fully live.

I made it plain that I haven't DL'd the beta and will not.  So I do not care about the patch notes for the beta because they don't matter to ME.  I understand that for someone participating in the beta they matter.  But I'm not. 

I'll care about patch notes when the patch goes live and not before.  Get that thru your head.

• Like 1

I'll care about patch notes when the patch goes live and not before.  Get that thru your head.

Was there really a need for rudeness, though?

His point was merely that patch notes would assist in getting the patch out sooner.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Well, I guess some of you guys have never seen some programmers bug fix notes.

To correlate that to specific bugs and make human readable patch notes out of it is not that easy.

E.g.:

- fix a few signed integer left-shifts

- fix uninitialized variable

- fix unaligned access

This could have been changes which all fixed a bug with annihilation...

Hmm. It depends...

No one is asking for the list of messages from the commit history/log, but for the task titles from the bug list itself, which in my experience usually do have 'human-readable' titles.

In case of PoE, I would expect entry titles like: "Check/Fix anihilation enchant property", "Yenwood battle: Remove crowd infront of Caed Nua after the battle itself", and so on.

(each entry besides title, also having task_id, priority, status, assignees, description and so on.)

Just filter by status completed, export then proof-read/rephrase/beautify. Rephrasing can be somewhat time-consuming. But since Obsidian has also to translate the notes, I imagine this one to be the longest phase.

Personally, I'm curious if there's any rough estimate on when the devs think that 3.02 will go live.  This week?  Next week?  The week after that?

Let's at least get the patch notes first, then we can ask when it'll go live.

Personally, I'm more concerned with the release date than the patch notes.  Patch notes do little for me now (because I'm not playing the beta version, so I don't really care all that much about knowing what's in the update to compare with how it performs).  Having some sense of when the patch goes live is of more interest and value to me.

Yeah, well in order to derive reasonable value out of the beta process, pretty sure folks need to know what to look for. Patch notes are pretty key for that.

So, you should care about the patch notes at least in so far as they are a key dependency in completing a successful beta test. And this will directly play into when the patch goes fully live.

I made it plain that I haven't DL'd the beta and will not.  So I do not care about the patch notes for the beta because they don't matter to ME.  I understand that for someone participating in the beta they matter.  But I'm not. 

What you choose to care about or not care about is entirely up to you.

I was just calling out the cause-effect relationship that impacts something you claimed to care about. It's totally your prerogative to ignore such bigger picture details and myopically focus the details that suit your fancy. The reality is it really makes no difference to me. Have a nice day.

• Like 2

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Translated patchnotes? Where did you found that?

From this very thread?

Aarik and I finished translating the list yesterday. It has been sent off to our producer for beautification. We hope to get it out later today.

I hope you fix the Korgrak bug in the final version of the patch: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/82397-a-farmers-plight-quest-bugged/

Me, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Binding Rope / Lavender Wreath bug.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

The small maps create more and more problems ... as enemy mobs attack eachother all too easily.

Went to Magran's Fork for the Sly Cyrdel bounty. Had forgotten about Gramrfel, the Wayfarer. And what does he do at start of combat? ... Leaves his poor felllows and runs south ... leaving the visible area. Hey, Gramrfel! Hey!!! ... A bit later he returns for a few seconds, then runs south once more. At end of combat I ventured south, too, only to discover the other enemies he had attacked.

Elmshore ... Adra Arch ... is too crowded. Mobs waiting every few steps. Where are the huge maps that are fun to explore? ... More abandoned camps, tents, fires, hidden loot areas, ... please!

Still can't find the ring with +4 Int bonus. Did someone forgot to place it again? :D

I also have a problem with fampyr in Raedric's Hold. He doesn't speak to me after second defeat of Raedric.

Edited by Del-Vey

Still can't find the ring with +4 Int bonus. Did someone forgot to place it again? :D

I guess it will only be there if you enter the area for the first time after installing the patch. If the area has already been loaded, the ring won't be there.

Just a wild guess, though, as I don't have access to the beta patch.

• Like 1

His point was merely that patch notes would assist in getting the patch out sooner.

Yeah, actually it was and IMO was justified.  I don't like people tell me (or other people) what they should or shouldn't care about.  To *me*, THAT is rude.

But the beta's patch notes are now out and for the people who care about them, enjoy.  For those of us who are going to wait for the released version, I'll care about the patch notes at when the update is released.

Yeah, actually it was and IMO was justified.  I don't like people tell me (or other people) what they should or shouldn't care about.  To *me*, THAT is rude.

Oh, hi there again. You came back. No, there was nothing rude about what I said -- I was merely calling out a cause and effect relationship that you seem to be overlooking. I did this in the spirit of being helpful, which is the opposite of being rude. Sorry if for some reason that puts you on the defensive. A bizarre reaction, to be sure - but certainly your right to see it that way.

As previously stated, it makes no difference to me what you care about. :)

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke