Total War: Warhammer

well, I gave Warhammer 2 a shot. After the godawful Rome 2, my expectation were pretty low. Visually, I'm pretty disappointed. On anything but the highest settings, it looks like ass. Gameplay seems to be more interesting and varied than the typical Total War experience, so I'll keep playing, but the dialog is soooo poorly written, I dunno how long it'll keep my interest. At least the UI is a bit more workable than Rome 2's.

On the one hand, it kind of sucks that the title of Best Total War Game currently held by Shogun 2 is still safe from challenge. But on the other... I guess it means I don't need to upgrade my bottlenecking GPU any time soon.

well, I gave Warhammer 2 a shot. After the godawful Rome 2, my expectation were pretty low. Visually, I'm pretty disappointed. On anything but the highest settings, it looks like ass. Gameplay seems to be more interesting and varied than the typical Total War experience, so I'll keep playing, but the dialog is soooo poorly written, I dunno how long it'll keep my interest. At least the UI is a bit more workable than Rome 2's.

On the one hand, it kind of sucks that the title of Best Total War Game currently held by Shogun 2 is still safe from challenge. But on the other... I guess it means I don't need to upgrade my bottlenecking GPU any time soon.

Have you tried the mod for Rome 2, Divide et Impera? Completly remakes the game and with that it is imo, on par with Shogun 2

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

• 2 weeks later...

First game is 50% off. $35, pft.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They still need to work some more on the Mortal Empires... they did not apply changes from the last patch to TW:WH 1, so no Norsca and no Free RORs added for 30y anniversary.

The goals on the campaign map also seem not much changed for Old factions, so really little incentive to explore the map further unless you got for World domination play.

I'm sure things will change going forward, once the Norsca patch will hit the game and new DLCs will be added to game 2, but for now, it still feels a bit of placeholdery.

I'm not feeling the idea of spending a ****load on DLCs again. How different is the game, because it didn't feel like you got enough with your vanilla purchase last time. I mean there is inevitably going to be one for every race not encluded and you don't get units of renown either. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Well the Game 2 itself is fine, but 4 races only, so you will feel a bit "meh" if you had all the DLCs for game 1 - however the Mortal Empires campaign (merged game 1 and 2) looks to be shaping up well. You won;t have to pay for blood twice ;)

The races of the game 2 are cool, some new mechanics added and there is also a narrative part if you want to follow it - the great vortex - It's good to be done once, cause there is some plot twist, which won;t have the same effect once you go 2nd+ time

Regional occupation has been changed, instead of no go zones, there are zones with different terrain types/habitability, and as such certain races have preferences to a list of therrains, and dislike or even hate some others, the dislike/hate types give a number penalites if you decide to hold them, but it is your choice and you can hold them if you want.

There is a load more of unique buildings and some changes were made to garrisons

Overall it is a better game 1 with 4 different starting races, better mechanics, graphics, maps and much larger playground.

Mortal Empires expand upon that even further, but that still needs at least one major patch and later some smaller gameplay patches

DLCs will most likely be:

Tomb Kings

Some Lord/unit packs for all 4 core races - people expect Dark Elves vs High Eelves pack and Skaven vs Lizardmen pack

some minor factions (perhaps even made from scratch Araby / Vampire Coast / Southern Realms colonists)

all the DLCs for game 2 will also get added to the Mortal Empires campaign with some delay.

Edited by Darkpriest

decent vid.

Yes its out today, I can finally start playing it! KILL! MAIM! BURN!

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Happy to join, not sure how much time I can put in tho so maybe no campaign from me, depend on how mch you want to play :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Eh every now and then is fine by me, weekends~. Just invested in an SSD too so loading times got real nice (to compare, it was maybe 1-2 minutes every time going into battle, to now between 30~40 seconds) :)

What timezone you live in?

Eh every now and then is fine by me, weekends~. Just invested in an SSD too so loading times got real nice (to compare, it was maybe 1-2 minutes every time going into battle, to now between 30~40 seconds) :)

What timezone you live in?

I think we should be fine, I am from Czech rep so we should be in same +- hour I think but I still lack SSD :/

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

They also confirmed that there will be a Free DLC content - Legendary Lord: Alith Anar

I'm looking forward to seeing CA's take on Alith's visual design. His tabletop model is like, what, fifteen years old at this point?

I dare to say, that this description is interesting as well:

But this is not all. The Druchii possess a dark and powerful weapon. 
When blood runs in rivers and the air is choked with Death, the chains will break and this monstrous secret will be unleashed.

Which could mean something special and big is coming with the DE (big monster, or perhaps a special greek related mythical creature)

Edited by Darkpriest

Was hoping people who bought the Wood Elves DLC would get an Ariel freebie so that all three Elf factions got their own Mage Queens.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

nah, Elfs, at least I get finally Norsca and regiments of renouwn

I must be blind. I'm such a big fan of TW:WH and only now do I see this thread exists. 

And yes, I'm so glad the wait due to the Norsca re-programming fiasco is over and we're finally getting new stuff for WH2. The new faction mechanics for Queen&Crone look great and I'm probably even more hyped for Alith Anar. Pretty sure he will be the ultimate leader of the elven faction for invading Naggaroth!

Edit:

Probably either the Medusa with her tabletop chariot or the Kharibdyss.  :dancing:

Yeah, my bet is on the Kharibdyss.

Edited by Rhaeg
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...