Total War: Warhammer

VC have grat flying units, you dont need weak ranged units. They could use some artillery tho

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Aren't these Tomb Kings skellys? ;)

VC in the lore and in the army books do not have ranged units, it is due to specific lore reasons on how they create and control undead.

That doesn't change my point though. Tabletop and PC are not the same experience. Having only melee units tends to deprive you of something. What did Napoleon say about artillery 'the real focus of the battle' or something. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Tell that to poor dwarfs with no cav :(

I understand your point of view, but GW is pulling strings on this, and actually many fans of WH were pretty happy about this asymmetry in the game, they were even quite vocal to make sure that the unit rosters will reflect the TT version.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

what part is free patch? I dont play dwarfs or orcs that much so I may skip this one

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Do any of you guys frequent CA forums? They seems like total mess, I wanted to look for specific unit discussion but there is just 'General Forum' thread. Finding anything there is hell

what part is free patch? I dont play dwarfs or orcs that much so I may skip this one

The free part is this - note that some of the stuff is playable only with DLC, but you will be seeing some of that stuff on the AI side

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_4

in short Free playable stuff:

Wurrzag Da Great Green Prophet has been spied over-gyrating in the Badlands, uniting a horde of Savage Orcs from The Bloody Handz tribe under his banner. He begins play in Ekrund. - so alternate starting position allowing co-op in MP with Greenskins

free playbale if you already own Warriors of Chaos - otherwise only in AI armies

• The Warriors of Chaos roster has been expanded. Aspiring Champions, Marauder Horsemasters, and Feral Manticores have been added.
  • Manticore mounts have also been added for all Chaos Sorcerer Heroes as part of this update.
Edited by Darkpriest

I'm there as often as I'm here, mostly reading through stuff though. whatta need?

Not that I 'need' something, I was just wanted to look how other people using certain units, what they are good against etc.

hmm best bet would be to watch decent YT/twitch guys, ninjahund and Turin come to mind, Ninjahund spams games on twitch - he has like 2,5k wins in MP

https://www.twitch.tv/ninjahund

and Turin is decent overall but plays fun matchups instead of most meta stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNDJiDFJWaiKktyUBmVzGYA/videos

if you want campaign play, then that's a different story though

Edited by Darkpriest

hmm best bet would be to watch decent YT/twitch guys, ninjahund and Turin come to mind, Ninjahund spams games on twitch - he has like 2,5k wins in MP

yeah I get it, but I can't watch lets plays in work! :)

Oh Man, those new starting points are HARD, But it is so thematically nice... I've managed to retake my ancestral dwarf hold and purged the Greenskins from badlands - made Grimgor run towards the north, where he tries to stay alive vs chaos hordes. Skarsnik was killed, hah what fun it was. Now, allied with Thorgrim, the High King of Dwarfs, we are heading to the rescue to the Emprie, as they are on their last two cities, including Altdorf, and beyond the mountains, guarded by Dwarfs, united Brettonians are mustering their knights to strike back at chaos and Norsca, even Border Princes and Tilea joined this fight, it's time for a push back as the Lord of change besiged one of my small holds, where a rune lord stationed with his Throng. Even though King Belegar travels in the underway to reach them, he will be there to either celebrate the victory or to avenge his kin, as sure the dwarfs will give chaos a beating fighting to the last, as the contingent of slayers is there to fight.

It is such a cool sandbox - I would pay loads of money for a good RPG in that world, so much potential, from simple themes, and some comic relief, to intrigue, corruption and hidden agendas, where simple men struggle to live in the world consumed by conflict

Started new session on Stellaris, I was not able to get from PC for 5 hours, Paradox sure now how to make great heroin

Started new session on Stellaris, I was not able to get from PC for 5 hours, Paradox sure now how to make great heroin

Too many "one more turn games" at once... - i guess this is the only time i am happy to be sick at home :D

Edited by Darkpriest

I am thinking about that new DLC for WH but I don't play dwarfs at all and I am not huge fan of green skin either. I am hoping they will show chaos some love finally :/

well chaos will probably not get fleshed out until game 2 or 3, where the gods specific armies will get implemented - right now you are stuck with chaos undivided without deamons

beastmen hwoever will most likely get free upgrade when the Wood Elfs DLC will come out, + FDLC in terms of playalbe Brettonia, December will carry a few treats.

Edited by Darkpriest

well chaos will probably not get fleshed out until game 2 or 3, where the gods specific armies will get implemented - right now you are stuck with chaos undivided without deamons

beastmen hwoever will most likely get free upgrade when the Wood Elfs DLC will come out, + FDLC in terms of playalbe Brettonia, December will carry a few treats.

Yeah I expected that, I like beastmens. Btw if someone want to do few MP games hook me up by PM and I will add you to steam friend list and we can play some games from time to time! (I dont have many RL friends who play WH total war)

• 4 weeks later...

looks awesome, I hope it means more units for beatman and bretonia