Total War: Warhammer

looks awesome, I hope it means more units for beatman and bretonia

Bretonia are getting a free update next year apparently making them playable in the campaign. I imagine they'll get new units then. 

It is odd that the race that stays mostly to it's own forests in the lore is the faction that is allowed to capture any province right?

Edited by Serrano

looks awesome, I hope it means more units for beatman and bretonia

Bretonia are getting a free update next year apparently making them playable in the campaign. I imagine they'll get new units then. 

It is odd that the race that stays mostly to it's own forests in the lore is the faction that is allowed to capture any province right?

Yeah but from what I understand you will not be able to use it to produce units, it will be just resource mine afaik

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

The WElves will have an outpost mechanic, it will be a single building designed to one of three roles. those areas outside of Athel Loren will be a chore to secure, as you will need to have roaming armies to fend of all the hordes and enemies. It's probably also a gameplay test for droping regional occupation for other factions, and allow them to build similar racial outposts on terrains, which previously they could only raze.

• 3 weeks later...

I liked playing dwarfs best but hated it once i discovered that I was only able to capture orc lands. 

That's just too much lore getting in the way. It also kinda ruins any chance of a tough strategic challenge as enemy factions always seem to even out and never expand beyond a certain point so the stronger you get the weaker they get, relatively. Making the last 1/3 of the campaign strategically uninteresting. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Nah, I just mostly play online battles anyway :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I liked playing dwarfs best but hated it once i discovered that I was only able to capture orc lands. 

That's just too much lore getting in the way. It also kinda ruins any chance of a tough strategic challenge as enemy factions always seem to even out and never expand beyond a certain point so the stronger you get the weaker they get, relatively. Making the last 1/3 of the campaign strategically uninteresting. 

hopefully, once the WE mechanic of outposts gets play tested, they might change some of the RO rules - i doubt that they will do it during this title, but they've got a way larger budget for their next installments which pushed the production cycle of the whole set of 3 games by a year (at least)

• 2 months later...

Whoever came up with the ally AI for this game should be shot, then hanged and his remains should be shot to the sun as a warning for others.

I have to allies and both are dumb as ****. One dwarf kingdom is losing the battle badly against Vampires, no problem I help him. He has one stack of units and his capital, at some point he decides to send his lord and troops on a suicide mission to colonize a minor settlement. Needless to say his troops and his colony were destroyed two turns later. Now I'm stuck keeping his city safe against a clearly cheating Vampire count. I beat him badly, he just returns two turns later with the same army + few more heroes like it's a big deal. This has gone down like 30 turns, until I got bored and tried to go on pillage mode.

South I have two orc tribes left. One very minor and one wreaking havoc with a stack of doom. I have tried to coordinate with my ally to take the capital, that ***hat even had a stack nearby, but instead of coming to help and eradicate this menace from the area he goes and does whatever a bored dwarf lord does. Now this ****s up the whole situation in the south since that stack of doom is just too much and the orc capital isn't easy either. If he would just bother to move his lazy butt that capital would easily be taken and afterwards the goblin shaman leading the stack of doom. But nooo. Since he won't show up, I'm royally ****ed. Stack of doom goes on rampage if I try to encircle his capital, returns few turns later to kill my armies if I stay, I can't outrun him either with my dwarfs so he was nothing to worry about my armies either.

And if I leave the city alone, he summons another lord with an another stack of doom to kill everyone.

Not to mention the goddamn trading system that is literally the worst. Kislev is losing a war against Chaos, but won't accept my trade treaties which would actually help him out. So now I have chaos storming from the north as well and can't afford to send an army there due to the two bad AI allies ****ing up everything in the middle and south.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Not interested in a DLC that is just another faction. Fix the game first.

its free

• Like 1

It's free and comes with a large patch upgrading the game to the "Old World edition". No patch notes yet, but they said that after WE there will be no "big" race/faction DLC.

I expect something coming with Middenheim sub-faction FLC later in March/April and basically a set up for the game 2. People are also expecting Mousillion be playable at some point, so there might be some Lord/unit pack DLC later for the game 1, but would not exepct anything beyond that for game 1. Lets hope the Old World Edition goes to town with fixing some of the game aspects and spells

• 4 weeks later...

I actually love it, but I didn't played previous TW games (maybe shogun, dunno)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh this will be great !!!

I just wish they decided to add Naval combat, but they didn't. A bit of a loss here. I guess combining various types of ships, magic and flying units would be like making of another full game.

I wonder if they will improve siege battles though and rebalance magic a bit.

Awesome trailer, but... a sequel? Already? What the hell? Didn't they release this last year?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Awesome trailer, but... a sequel? Already? What the hell? Didn't they release this last year?

Well the thing is, they plan for a trilogy, which will combine in a giantic campaign map. They've been working on the whole thing for a while moving core group focus project after project. They can't have too big of a break between each instance, because:

1) hype and interest

2) technology

Imagine if you'd see the game on same engine as a part 2 in lets say 2 years from now? and third game in 6 years? do you recall how games looked 6 years ago?

I bet the thing will be wrapped up as a trilogy by end of 2019

Edited by Darkpriest
  • Like 1

I see aztecish pyramids and lizard folk... is this Lustria? The continent in Warhammer world that is  the equivalent of South America?

Holy ****e.

If leaks are correct new world and ulthuan are entirety of 2nd game.

3rd game is supposed to be Chaos divided provided there will be interest still. 

• Like 1

That Dark Elf is wearing a silly helmet.

And the Lizardmen's tactic baffles me. Why attack that early? They could have let the Dark and High Elves weaken each other a bit first. (I know it is just a trailer :p )

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I love rts/strategy games but these Total War ones... I could never get into them. I tried... and tried. Same with Warhammer though.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...