Total War: Warhammer

The more I see in th videos, the more excited I am. I know it's different than what I've played before, but holding I like it as well and can wrap my head around new play style. If anything, I'll build an army and just send them all to fight and zoom in and what all the npcs just duke it out lol.

This guy is pretty solid for a decent footage of any TW game:

there is a huge list with written and video reviews on their website - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/173489/review-round-up-thread/p1

I cant stresss enough how awesome would be to have a full RPG in this setting, considering how RPG elements are cool in a strategy game here (plus lore, plus quest battles etc.)

EDIT:

So HYPED - the music sample is amazing too:

Edited by Darkpriest

Mmm so first time playing rts strategy AND first time with warhammer universe (minus Verminitide), I'm going with VC as first faction and gonna chose the necromancer as my dude.

Gonna roleplay this dude as a very badass evil necromancer spreading in death and corruption everywhere and openly declare war on the world. Gonna bust out the gate at the very start that I'm a bad mama jama and a force to be reckoned with.....and see how far I can take his glorious compaign. Think I'm gonna do that for each one I pick and play the play style I pick weither it's smart to or not lol.

****ing A I'm excited and can't wait

Edited by redneckdevil

This baby needs to wait for papa to come back from work today, then i will take care of it :)

I am so hyped.

BTW, vamps might be a bit tough for you, due to a special mechanic of vampire corruption, but give it a go, have fun! it has a S.. Load of potential. I am leaning towards Empire or Dwarfs, but Grimgor and Orks are sexy too!!!

Edited by Darkpriest

I am loving it as well. Getting by by the scrape of my teeth and learning as I go along and just loving it! There's so much going on and the only thing I wish was there wasn't a round limit but I understand why. Don't think I should be to worried because after playing 8 hours straight I was only on round 14. Still don't think I'll be able to win with this one but it's been ****ing glorious lmao.

And yes I'm roleplaying that necromancer and this is my epic campaign. I've turned down peace multiple times even though I'm getting wrecked lol to eventually get them and subjugate them under my heel. Damn I'm having a lot of fun.

can say much yet, i am in it only on few turns and i never played total war games before, only what I can say so far - freaking loading times

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Looks very warhammerish. I assume there is city and region management like in Rome TW once the tutorial releases its clammy hands off my units and choices. 

Depends on race you are playing

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

The battlemaps seem a little small compared with Total war. I havent played any sieges yet but those had fleets and infrantry converging. I'm expecting the same. So far the setup seems to be engage immediately, no attempt to make use of terrain during deployment. No terrain to speak of at all actually other than 'the high ground' but it's early days. I'm expecting objectives and maneuvering, buildings that can be occupied. 

Weak selection of units. This being warhammer and all we want hundreds rather than 10 or so once everything has been upgraded. The models are so so. The orcs in particular are ugly. Ugly as in bad design, not really their fault, there are a lot of bad waaarg models. I just feel they could have looked at the huge potential from the model painting scene and picked better ones for reference. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Do you guys know if there is a way to attach hero to some unit stack? seems odd that i have to have extra space for him in army

The battlemaps seem a little small compared with Total war. I havent played any sieges yet but those had fleets and infrantry converging. I'm expecting the same. So far the setup seems to be engage immediately, no attempt to make use of terrain during deployment. No terrain to speak of at all actually other than 'the high ground' but it's early days. I'm expecting objectives and maneuvering, buildings that can be occupied. 

I've not played the game myself but I saw a video of somebody using forests to conceal units. Wood elves excel at this making them superior to all of the current Total Warhammer races but from memory the tabletop game basically only had high ground, structures and trees for terrain as I remember it (Our Games Workshop was pathetically small though). Could you even enter structures in the vanilla tabletop game? I know there are loads of special rules made up over the years both in stores and courtesy of White Dwarf (Is the White Dwarf in Total Warhammer btw?)  but it seems like the Total War engine would already simulate a lot of the vanilla'ish rules and feel of the tabletop game. 

• Like 1