Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[PSA] GAME-BREAKING BUG AFFECTING EVERYONE INCLUDING YOU! Temporary fix for party members only currently.

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

Isi1dur

Isi1dur

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 41 posts

Well, this just made me sad... :ermm:

Quantics

Quantics

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
They ARE on this one, as acknowledged by JSawyer on SA (said issue has already been fixed but needs to be thoroughly tested before releasing a patch). Also the fact that I have been seeing many green-highlighted nicknames reading topics on a weekend suggests that they're taking this very seriously.

Cyphon

Cyphon

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 26 posts

They ARE on this one, as acknowledged by JSawyer on SA (said issue has already been fixed but needs to be thoroughly tested before releasing a patch). Also the fact that I have been seeing many green-highlighted nicknames reading topics on a weekend suggests that they're taking this very seriously.

Can you provide a link to Josh saying that please?

HozzM

HozzM

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Lol they charge money to register at SA?  Who the **** is paying that?  I guess they are right, the internet does make you stupid.

Adam Brennecke

Adam Brennecke

Programmer

• Developers
  • 432 posts

We do have a fix for this, and I'm trying to make it retroactive, so it will fix any save games that have this problem. 

• kirottu, Flouride, GreyFox and 40 others like this

Tigranes

Tigranes

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9948 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Alright, so it definitely does look like:

->Double-click does kill class-based active effects like Defender, doesn't seem to kill attribute effects

->For party members everything is restored by dismissing and recruiting them, e.g. Alroth's Distant Advantage that he lost 10 hours ago

Funnily enough my Moon Godlike Cipher never began with any active effects, and the focus-based talents I took aren't affected, so I can continue on. But hope the real fix comes out soon - good to see Adam's post.

TrueMenace

TrueMenace

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 443 posts

We do have a fix for this, and I'm trying to make it retroactive, so it will fix any save games that have this problem. 

Please hotfix this, don't wait to release it next week or something...it's the weekend O_O

• Matt516 likes this

almostdead

almostdead

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Steam:Andy Yang

so pls hurry...thx

Scars Unseen

Scars Unseen

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 14 posts

Good to hear you're on it.  Thanks for your hard work to support the game.

• Valsuelm likes this

Archaven

Archaven

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 253 posts

Wow this suxs big time. Obsidian should have released a Day1 patch. Same old buggy game from Obsidian? :/

Skor

Skor

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 41 posts

Yup, game is on hold for me now.  This is a game breaking bug imo if you have already triggered it.  Going to wait until they fix this.

Off to play some hearthstone.  Please hurry with the hotfix (as in don't wait till next week's patch before fixing this).

Telmorial

Telmorial

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 92 posts

Oh dear, I seem to remember double clicking on items to equip at various times. I've had a quick check of my PC and can't see anything obvious missing. He's a Wood Elf Wizard and it's still listing the Distant Advantage in his ability list. Should I be checking for anything else?

And how do I kick companions and Inn made hirelings out (and rejoin) of my party?

Thanks.

Tigranes

Tigranes

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9948 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Wow this suxs big time. Obsidian should have released a Day1 patch. Same old buggy game from Obsidian? :/

They did release a Day 1 patch. Bugs happen with every game on the planet, though you might not experience many of them. Last 2 releases from Obsidian were universally praised for almost zero bugs. *shrug*

Saturday night is the worst time to discover a bug, since every fix risks breaking something else. Hopefully it's a simple one to figure out and hotfix.

Oh dear, I seem to remember double clicking on items to equip at various times. I've had a quick check of my PC and can't see anything obvious missing. He's a Wood Elf Wizard and it's still listing the Distant Advantage in his ability list. Should I be checking for anything else?

And how do I kick companions and Inn made hirelings out (and rejoin) of my party?

Thanks.

May be OK if he still has distant advantage, since it seems to get rid of all or none. 

Press P while in stronghold, or talk to an innkeeper and click on the party tab. That's how you switch party members for whatever reason.

• Telmorial likes this

heurou

heurou

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

Update 4 from Anbokr on Reddit:

"I've tested this on several characters now, specifically marksman (+accuracy) and greater carnage (+accuracy to carnage). I lost both of these from active effects because of the bug, but by looking at my combat log accuracy rolls (during actual combat), I could see that both talents were still functioning behind the scenes.

I'm fairly certain this is just a visual/UI bug with the exception being the extra weapon slot talent."

So in summary, could be a visual/UI bug where it dissapears on your Character Sheet, but still works behind the scenes. 

However, talents like the Aumaua's Armed to the Teeth that grants the 3rd Weapon slot will disappear for good. 

Removing your companions/adventurers and adding them back in from the party manager interface will fix the issue, but it could crop up again if you replicate the bug. 

There is a way to add talents to your PC through the IE mod, but it'll duplicate the talent/passive and double up on its effects so it's not a proper fix in that method.

I have tried and tested it with the + 10 Fortitude passive and when it disappears i attacked the character with something with a fortitude save and the numbers shown in the rolls of the save were 10 less so it is actually causing the stats to go down  atleast in this case

• TrueMenace likes this

Cyphon

Cyphon

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 26 posts

Thank you!  Please keep us posted!  I know I'm trying to keep on keepin' on despite the problem but, e.g., the moon godlike active not working is a bit of a downer for how I envisioned my cipher build  ;(

almostdead

almostdead

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Steam:Andy Yang

excuse me, how long do we have to wait?

Katarack21

Katarack21

Chief Eldritch Abomination of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1512 posts
  • Steam:Katarack21
  • Kickstarter Backer

****ty.

Archaven

Archaven

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 253 posts

I have obviously triggered the double clicked to equip items and has the game saved. I like to know if i start a new game, accidentally double-clicked and WITHOUT saving, will it affect the bonuses as well?

Baldie

Baldie

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

The bug is deffinatly not just graphical. I got it on my Wood Elf who's lost both his racial and his Marksman bonus. On his sheet his accuracy is 36, and when looking at my combat log while attacking enemies at max distance it's still only 36 instead of 46. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, 'cause yeah, as a lot of people says, you don't really wanna keep on playing if you're not sure wether you have to start over again later or not, and 10 accuracy is just too huge a bonus to leave behind. Go-go Adam! Smash that bug!! :)

Quantics

Quantics

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 324 posts

Lol they charge money to register at SA?  Who the **** is paying that?  I guess they are right, the internet does make you stupid.

Spoiler

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users