Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Modding thread: Asset Editor

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Zekzt

Zekzt

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts

Ill test it later on.

Still - pity the animation will end messed up.

One more thing - is there a way to add difrent skill duration effect or change the way skill work via its upgrade - in case of the stag, for example via its extra use per day tln_bonus_spiritshift_stag ?

I tried the most simple way, since the upgrade version have the same data and scripts as the regular stag skill, but it sadly didn't work. Maybe there is some other way im not aware of ?

In general - i like the whole druid concept but the class itsellf suffers what most of d&d druids have gone in the past. It lacks some minor tweaks, mainly the fact spiritshift have very short duration. All i wanted to do here was to make it cast per fight skill that last as long as the actuall fight, not 3-4 turn.

And i wonder how that nexus guy made his mod - it seems he didnt use the unity editor at all, maybe he was able to extract all content from the unity3d with readable data and pack it up again after edits [i was not able to do it with disunity, sure i can extract quite much, bot no actual files for alterring skill values or properties]

Minsc85

Minsc85

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 14 posts

Wish we have normal meshexport/import

• artifex likes this

Zekzt

Zekzt

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts

http://www.nexusmods...rnity/mods/19/?

I managed to do it [thanks to people from nexus, Zeee and Arctic12345, who pointed me out in the right direction.

So for any druid fans out there - feel free to try it out [no time on spiritshift during combat]

• artifex likes this

artifex

artifex

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts

http://www.nexusmods...rnity/mods/19/?

I managed to do it [thanks to people from nexus, Zeee and Arctic12345, who pointed me out in the right direction.

So for any druid fans out there - feel free to try it out [no time on spiritshift during combat]

If you have time, would you mind doing a quick write up of what you did to get the mod to work?

Eduku

Eduku

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

Okay, I must be an idiot because I can't for the life of me figure out how to use the asset editor. I open up the Test2 folder as a Unity Project, but the 'Pillars of Eternity Editor' button at the top as shown in the first post of this thread never shows up? I someone could point a complete modding noob in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

artifex

artifex

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts

Okay, I must be an idiot because I can't for the life of me figure out how to use the asset editor. I open up the Test2 folder as a Unity Project, but the 'Pillars of Eternity Editor' button at the top as shown in the first post of this thread never shows up? I someone could point a complete modding noob in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Are you using Unity Pro 4.6?  Unfortunately, Unity 5 exports assetbundles in a way that PoE can't parse, so this editor is only designed to work with 4.6.

Eduku

Eduku

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

Are you using Unity Pro 4.6?  Unfortunately, Unity 5 exports assetbundles in a way that PoE can't parse, so this editor is only designed to work with 4.6.

Yeah Unity Pro 4.6, the version recommended by the asset editor download page.

artifex

artifex

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts

Are you getting any error messages in the console?

Eduku

Eduku

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

Are you getting any error messages in the console?

Oh wait, I just redownloaded the asset editor from the same page, loaded it up via Unity and suddenly it works as intended. Strange...

Minsc85

Minsc85

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 14 posts

still cant understand how to edit textures :(

artifex

artifex

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts

You can import a texture into Unity normally, then select a material from the asset bundle and reassign the map.

The trouble I'm having is the same one Zekzt was previously struggling with- the model's animations break.  Also, the particle effect materials seem to want to reference textures that aren't stored in the assetbundle, and I'm not sure how to set those.

edit: Also, you can use a program called Disunity to extract textures from the assetbundles you want to modify.

Edited by artifex, 03 April 2015 - 11:24 AM.

Bester

Bester

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 800 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

The trouble I'm having is the same one Zekzt was previously struggling with- the model's animations break.  Also, the particle effect materials seem to want to reference textures that aren't stored in the assetbundle, and I'm not sure how to set those.

You can find them in the big unity3d files, export them and reassign them every time they're needed.

It's not right that you have to do that, but that's the only method that works currently.

I tried fixing it 2 days ago and couldn't. I'll try again later.

• Dark_Ansem and artifex like this

Luckmann

Luckmann

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3494 posts

Is there no way to make the game load .cs files outside of the .dll? Because if not, that's a serious bummer when it comes to mod compatibilities, requiring you to extract and recompile for each mod individually.

Eduku

Eduku

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

Once you use Disunity to extract asset bundles and add files to the extracted bundle, how do you create a new asset bundle from that?

IrithylStarym

IrithylStarym

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 42 posts

Can you edit savegames with it?

Nerdwing

Nerdwing

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 107 posts

I'm not seeing the 30-day trial button at all on my Unity download.  Using the proper version and all, but only have the prompt to enter a key or start the free version.  Should I take this up with the Unity Tech folks, or am I missing something much more obvious here?

Or is indeed no longer possible, as said on first page? :(

Edited by Nerdwing, 03 April 2015 - 10:47 PM.

Danathion

Danathion

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I have a small mod request, if it's possible...will someone who knows what, and how, to edit whichever file governs attribute points at character creation, please upload the file so that there are 20 attribute points to spend instead of 15. I keep restarting the game because I cant get over the feeling that my character just isn't very good (I'm one of those people who take the time to get a good roll when playing BG). Thanks in advance for the help! :)

Luckmann

Luckmann

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3494 posts

I have a small mod request, if it's possible...will someone who knows what, and how, to edit whichever file governs attribute points at character creation, please upload the file so that there are 20 attribute points to spend instead of 15. I keep restarting the game because I cant get over the feeling that my character just isn't very good (I'm one of those people who take the time to get a good roll when playing BG). Thanks in advance for the help! :)

Why not just cheat? Modding PoE isn't the friendliest thing in the world, and it's much easier to use CheatEngine or the Console to achieve what you want.

• W.MacKinnon likes this

Danathion

Danathion

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Why not just cheat? Modding PoE isn't the friendliest thing in the world, and it's much easier to use CheatEngine or the Console to achieve what you want.

I don't know anything about the console and would prefer not to interfere with what I don't understand. I can just about handle dropping a file in a folder, if someone edits it for me (if its possible), which is why I made the request to someone who actually knows something about it. Again, thanks, in anticipation of that persons help. :)

Luckmann

Luckmann

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3494 posts

I have a small mod request, if it's possible...will someone who knows what, and how, to edit whichever file governs attribute points at character creation, please upload the file so that there are 20 attribute points to spend instead of 15. I keep restarting the game because I cant get over the feeling that my character just isn't very good (I'm one of those people who take the time to get a good roll when playing BG). Thanks in advance for the help! original.gif

I don't know anything about the console and would prefer not to interfere with what I don't understand. I can just about handle dropping a file in a folder, if someone edits it for me (if its possible), which is why I made the request to someone who actually knows something about it. Again, thanks, in anticipation of that persons help. original.gif

Here you go. It is easier than modding the game, not just for anyone making the mod, but it's literally easier than you installing the mod.

No-one is ever going to fulfil your request, simply because it would be pointless to do so. It would achieve nothing that you cannot already do yourself.

• Danathion likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users