Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

. X . X X . T X = ETERNITY?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Venctin

Venctin

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 1 posts
It fits, if all dots are vowels and X's are consonants. Just a thought, also fits with the whole ouroboros thing.

Zack Fair

Zack Fair

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
IDtenT from the Codex figured out something different:

Every X means a letter, and that letter means a number which is based upon their place in the alphabet.
X.XX.TX is X.XX.20X. An examplet B.AA.TM = 2/11/2013
So the Xs mean a release date.

Darth Trethon

Darth Trethon

Dark Lord of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:DarthTrethon
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Every X means a letter, and that letter means a number which is based upon their place in the alphabet.

I think this as well....the Xs will likely change gradually one by one until we are left with what is essentially a release date.

Risen

Risen

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts
well, here are my guesses, X.XX.TX is X.XX.20X, if the last one is years, and the middle is month, then X.1X.20X, because there is no "0" in alphabet, so, i would say that at november/december the game will be fully announced, also, if the X at the beggining its not the day but the month, is probably a 9, maybe this friday, they will announce it. But, it could also be eternity, the name of project/game, assuming that the . at the beggining is not meaningless and the other ones are not just for separating the numbers

Edited by Risen, 12 September 2012 - 06:07 AM.

searinox

searinox

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 4 posts
Interesting new idea, though the pattern ". X . X X . T X" starts off with a period

searinox

searinox

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 4 posts
Also, the only words in the english language to match the pattern are acerbity, alacrity, enormity, eternity and identity. Imo, only Eternity sounds epic enough to be a fantasy RPG title and also works well with the ouroboros.

Jozape

Jozape

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Interesting. Most games release in the USA first though, which is on Tuesdays, while February 11th is a Monday. Could mean an all digital release if he/she is right and the code is a release date.

Oh, and two games released in less than a month. SP: TSoT comes out on the 5th of March. Doesn't seem too likely.

Edited by Jozape, 12 September 2012 - 08:48 AM.

FearMonkey

FearMonkey

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Interesting. Most games release in the USA first though, which is on Tuesdays, while February 11th is a Monday. Could mean an all digital release if he/she is right and the code is a release date.

Oh, and two games released in less than a month. SP: TSoT comes out on the 5th of March. Doesn't seem too likely.

He was using that date as an example of how the code works. He doesn't think that's what the release date is actually going to be.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9414 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Tale82
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

That was an example, not an actual decipher.

Tigranes

Tigranes

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 8701 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Nobody would ever put in a release date in the initial announcement.

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1893 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Maybe it is the date for the announcement which is being announced with this announcement.

FearMonkey

FearMonkey

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Maybe it is the date for the announcement which is being announced with this announcement.

My brain, it is full of exploding.

Zack Fair

Zack Fair

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I was wrong. The new code shows that it cannot be a date. Eternity is more likely.

Darth InSidious

Darth InSidious

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • Location:The Beast stands for strong mutually antagonistic governments everywhere. . . . Self-sufficiency at home, self-assertion abroad.
Looks like I was right, then.

Risen

Risen

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts
The .X.XX.TX - .X.XX.ITX, looks like its eternity the name

FearMonkey

FearMonkey

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Also, the only words in the english language to match the pattern are acerbity, alacrity, enormity, eternity and identity. Imo, only Eternity sounds epic enough to be a fantasy RPG title and also works well with the ouroboros.

How about 'identity'? Could be a Torment spiritual sequel. :p

C2B

C2B

Lazy Assistant of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3919 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Considering

http://kotaku.com/59...would-look-like

Chris Avellone: [Game development studio] Obsidian has talked about Kickstarter for some time. Not to put myself or Planescape down, but the range of ideas we've had internally for a KS are, IMO, better than doing a spiritual successor to Torment, and it involves more of the powerhouses in the studio rather than turning me into the Nameless One.

I wouldn't be sure that it's already the spiritual successor to Torment. Also because Sawyer seems to be directing this one.

rainwarrior

rainwarrior

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:rainwarrior
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I like the idea of . and X being vowels and consonants, but how do you justify the Y? The Y at the end of "eternity" is a vowel.

Excepting the Y situation, "eternity" is the only word I could find that fits that vowel/consonant pattern. If you give up on that, though, there's a lot of fun possibilities. Here's a few:

iniquity
capacity
chastity
divinity
biscuits
****pits
infinity
dynamite
fatality
gunsmith
humanity
recruits
impunity
mesquite
vitality
nobility
rarebits
totality
urbanity
velocity
transits
opposite
debility
atrocity
circuits

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 7095 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Well it is clearly biscuits then. We set sail on the Gravy Boat of Doom on Friday!

Darth InSidious

Darth InSidious

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • Location:The Beast stands for strong mutually antagonistic governments everywhere. . . . Self-sufficiency at home, self-assertion abroad.

I like the idea of . and X being vowels and consonants, but how do you justify the Y? The Y at the end of "eternity" is a vowel.

Y is a semivowel. :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users