Shadowrun Returns

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't read the sourcebooks but I guess my fear is that the aesthetics will just look like the classic cyberpunk thing... with lots of Asian influences. Like what we see in Blade Runner, and of course moreso in Heng-Sha from Deus Ex: HR.

Not that I don't find that appealing (I actually love it), but something like Berlin would feel a bit more unique and interesting I think. But hey, perhaps the Shadowrun universe Hong Kong would look different.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Voted for Berlin. Denver, Chicago and London seemed very average. More Seattle is out of the question since one of the greatest pleasures in RPGs is travelling. The Hong Kong description was fine but I've enough of chinese settings in cyberpunk. It's always very clich

Edited by Auxilius

Hong Kong was all about the corporations, if I remember correctly. Blade Runner is probably a decent comparison, lots of tall buildings and all that. The corporate espionage storylines will be front and center, I'd imagine.

How is traveling half a world away in the middle of the game a good thing?

I'm not quite sure I understand your point. Would you rather they stop off at a couple small islands on the way across the pacific?

I guess it also doesn't seem that odd to me because it is fairly common to fly from the US West Coast to Japan/Hong Kong/Taiwan. Businessmen do it rather regularly, and despite this being a fictional universe, you still have strong business connections in the game between Asia and Seattle.

I dunno, I was always under the impression that international travel wasn't very easy for most Shadowrunners.

I don't mind having a set change to a different part of the world but I would prefer if they focused on Seattle as they already have so much they can do with that area. Berlin is my second choice from the list but there are no places that I absolutely do not want to see.

Free games updated 3/4/21

I'd take the one expanded city over two smaller hubs anyway, because that's what they are - cities. No game has, to my mind, done a satisfactory job of even portraying one average sized modern city so I feel like adding another is biting off way more than any developer can chew. And for a recent example of what attempting that might lead to, we have Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I heard that the original design were for four major city hubs. Impressive sounding to be sure, but what did we get? Two half baked city blocks.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G